PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > General Windows Phone 7 Discussions
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2011, 01:53 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Windows Phone 7... Doomed?

now that the riff raff is gone, wp7 is not doomed .
Old 01-05-2011, 02:03 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha
Pocket PC: iPhone 5... Y Que?
Carrier: Esprin'

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

It wasn't doomed when the rif faf WAS here.
p.
Old 01-05-2011, 08:47 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.8820 View Post
now that the riff raff is gone, wp7 is not doomed .
Not if I can help it! lol jk

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 01-05-2011, 09:07 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

it'll be kinda hard to ban yourself for threadjacking ! j/k gten, you're ok with me...but samsung isn't the greatest ever !
Old 01-06-2011, 01:18 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre,HTC Touch Pro2

smoove21 knows their stuffsmoove21 knows their stuffsmoove21 knows their stuffsmoove21 knows their stuffsmoove21 knows their stuffsmoove21 knows their stuffsmoove21 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to smoove21

No windows phone isn't doomed. I can agree with that. However, after today's keynote im very disappointed. I thought microsoft said an update(copy and paste) would be coming either at the end of january or sometime in february? Also, weren't cdma windows phones' supposed to be coming this month? Now all a sudden the updates is scheduled for the "coming months" and the phones are expected in the first half of this year? Are you serious? Let me be clear, i love webos but i'm always going to be a windows 'mobile' fan. Therefore microsoft's os is the only one outside of webos that i care about. I'm not saying i will get nor do i want a windows phone device. But i want it to succeed. I'm tired of hearing 'coming months' from hp/palm so when i heard balmer say it, i had terrible flashbacks. I kinda feel that this os isn't doing so good by the delay in the update and newer phones. Also by the fact that they had no problem detailing how many kinect units were sold and how many apps are in the market. Why not tout how many phones sold? I know that many more phones will be announced tomorrow so im not really bothered about the hardware. I'm hoping they have the same type of hardware (tablets/phones) being made for them as android has by the same companies. I doubt it though. Why else would he even speak on a vague timeframe if something will be announced tomorrow? Hopefully they have something amazing lined up and ready for release at MWC next month. If not, then it's not looking to good for microsoft. Hell even HP will be detailing at the very least their hardware on feb.9th.
Playstation 3/Xbox360/Wii/PC..Which is best? Join the debate!>> http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=112741
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-06-2011, 05:07 AM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

The original estimate date was in march for the cdma phone and the update..then some people bumped it saying January..and M$ won't release sales cause its not a good number...
Old 01-06-2011, 11:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive

afolayan702 is just getting started

I wonder what the outcome would be if they tried harder to have GSM & CDMA support at launch. How far away was/is the Windows Phone 7 on CDMA in November?
Old 01-07-2011, 08:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

racedog is keeping up the good workracedog is keeping up the good work

I don't know if Win Phone 7 is going to make it or not. But, with VZW announcing their iphone next Tuesday, AT&T losing their exclusivity MS is going to be in some deep dirty stuff.

VZW is selling android phones like crazy and I'll bet they will sell iphones by the millions. AT&T will be looking at some alternatives and at CES they seem to be counting on the Atrix and other android phones. MS just didn't make much of a noise that interested anybody.

As a 10 year user of WinMo phones I'm not wishing them anything bad but they are running out of time and right now I sure wouldn't take any bets on Win Phone 7. I ran out of patience a year ago and moved on. I was hoping that 7 might entice me back but it hasn't done that.

R
Old 01-07-2011, 08:21 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha
Pocket PC: iPhone 5... Y Que?
Carrier: Esprin'

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

I'll tell you what... I'm geting the EVO Shift for my wife and that's going to give me a chance to play with Android... I hope it can apease me till Whenever that is that we get a phone on Sprint... (Before June 30th) That's BS...
I really don't think the 7Pro is going to be for me either. So I want more choices!!!
I wanna hear what Sprint has to say at CES... Then I might have to be enticed by something AWESOME comming to Sprint for me to hold on for another 6 friggin monts.... My upgrade was available to me in Sept... I waited... For what??? To keep waiting?
I'm not gonna make or break Microsoft or WP7 and neiter will we all if we all moved on to a different platform... Microsoft is determined and they have the money... Remember when Xbox FIRST came out? Look at it now.

If I falter please don't fault me. LOL.

We'll see.
p.
Old 01-07-2011, 08:48 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 and every single phone verizon had...
Carrier: Verizon

Noir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
The original estimate date was in march for the cdma phone and the update..then some people bumped it saying January..and M$ won't release sales cause its not a good number...
and since when did microsoft EVER release OEM numbers for mobile platforms?
I didn't think the software company would release OEM numbers beyond the amount of OEM licenses that was shipped.
Microsoft provided that
It's up to the OEM not microsoft

PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > General Windows Phone 7 Discussions