PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > iPhone > General iPhone Discussions
Register Community Search

Notices

User Tag List

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-16-2009, 05:07 AM
Mobileunderground.info
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

bikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to bikeandestroyx Send a message via MSN to bikeandestroyx
Re: Why does everyone hate the iphone?

Iphone is pretty customizable too, not nearly as much as a ppc, but at least you can change things,i have an ipod touch and i love it. Jailbreaking it dling apps changing themes etc. Honestly it seems like people on this forum like to bash the iphone to be cool or fit in... itouch/iphones are pretty good, especially if you dont have time to be on ppcgeeks all day tweaking your phone and upgrading constantly. To all you who say iphones are only good jailbroken... um im pretty sure windows mobile is all about unlocking and flashing custom roms, which is basically jailbreaking and updating the OS. The screen on the iphone isnt nearly as nice, but glass is much nicer to use than the plastic on our resistive screens. We would be stuck with the same old windows today screen if it wasnt for the iphone setting high standards. Its true its just an app launcher, but it works great, there are tons of great apps/games. The browser is amazing also, i hate using my diamond browser now its so much more of a pain.
I would never use an iphone though, i get bored to quick when things are the same, thats why i like wm, i switch between titanium manila, 6.5 builds, apps, etc. Not everyone has the time to tweak windows mobile to be great like us. People really need to stop flaming, why do we have so many apps that imitate the iphone if it is a horrible phone, why does everyone have one?
Old 10-17-2009, 07:34 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro2 CDMA
Carrier: Alltel (Verizon)

codybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikeandestroyx View Post
Iphone is pretty customizable too, not nearly as much as a ppc, but at least you can change things,i have an ipod touch and i love it. Jailbreaking it dling apps changing themes etc. Honestly it seems like people on this forum like to bash the iphone to be cool or fit in... itouch/iphones are pretty good, especially if you dont have time to be on ppcgeeks all day tweaking your phone and upgrading constantly. To all you who say iphones are only good jailbroken... um im pretty sure windows mobile is all about unlocking and flashing custom roms, which is basically jailbreaking and updating the OS. The screen on the iphone isnt nearly as nice, but glass is much nicer to use than the plastic on our resistive screens. We would be stuck with the same old windows today screen if it wasnt for the iphone setting high standards. Its true its just an app launcher, but it works great, there are tons of great apps/games. The browser is amazing also, i hate using my diamond browser now its so much more of a pain.
I would never use an iphone though, i get bored to quick when things are the same, thats why i like wm, i switch between titanium manila, 6.5 builds, apps, etc. Not everyone has the time to tweak windows mobile to be great like us. People really need to stop flaming, why do we have so many apps that imitate the iphone if it is a horrible phone, why does everyone have one?
lol, only if you jailbreak it, then it's going to be alright for the first 30 or so minutes.
But have fun because the newer ones that are coming out, with the new mandated OS upgrade is rumored to block the jailbreaking trend from continuing.
Old 10-17-2009, 07:47 PM
MikeElGiga23

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

@OP. I do not hate the iphone at all, what i do hate is the fact that its been put so high up on a pedestal that any touch screen phone will no doubt be confused for an iphone one way or another. The fanboys that choose to be ignorant to the rest of the tech world and blindly believe that its the best thing ever made. I give credit where its due but i refuse to be a sheep to great advertizing on a overhyped product. it reminds me of a moto razr since basically everyone has one, it stops being a luxury to own one anymore. I hate to have what everyone has already...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-17-2009, 08:43 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO LTE
Carrier: Sprint

AB33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAB33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAB33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAB33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I wouldn't say I hate it, I just didn't like how they claimed to be the first touch screen phone and many thought that the Iphone was the first music player phone, when I was listening to music way back when on my Treo 600 and using color touch screen on my Treo 300. I never owned an Ipod because I have always listened to my portable music through my phones on a MicroSD or SD card. Personally for my daily use the Iphone falls short without: a hard keyboard, no expandable memory, no removable or upgradeable battery, no 3D Talking GPS (Free w/Sprint), no tethering, no flash support (I use Skyfire for that), no editing word, excel, and PP documents, no video recording on older models, no cut copy paste on older models, no Video Out (I don't use that), no MS Exchange Server on older models, and I can backup all my data on multiple memory cards and save on my computers just incase of theft, loss or damage, now with MS Myphone I can save all my info in the cloud and lock my phone if ever stolen. I think that's it. It is a rather sexy phone though and has caused other companies to make their phones sexier so I can thank Apple for making my Touch Pro 2 the sexiest thing out there and watch out for the Touch HD 2 (I won't be getting that, no hard keyboard).
Old 10-17-2009, 11:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

themystx2 is just getting started

If AT&T didn't suck so badly, I'd have a jailbroken 3gs instead of a HTC Hero.

Current:
Sprint HTC Touch Pro (I don't even know what ROM I have on there anymore!)
Old 10-19-2009, 03:51 AM
Mobileunderground.info
Pocket PC: HD2

bikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to bikeandestroyx Send a message via MSN to bikeandestroyx

Quote:
Originally Posted by codybear View Post
lol, only if you jailbreak it, then it's going to be alright for the first 30 or so minutes.
But have fun because the newer ones that are coming out, with the new mandated OS upgrade is rumored to block the jailbreaking trend from continuing.
They cant really force you to update, especially with an itouch. Jailbreaking is just like HSPLing an HTC phone. Have you actually used an iphone or ipod touch for 30 minutes? I dont get bored with mine, i use mine for music games and browsing, what it was meant for, and its solid.
Old 10-19-2009, 12:27 PM
Robin Hood of CyberSpace
Pocket PC: Lumia 635

CyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to CyberMonkey Send a message via Yahoo to CyberMonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by AB33 View Post
I wouldn't say I hate it, I just didn't like how they claimed to be the first touch screen phone and many thought that the Iphone was the first music player phone, when I was listening to music way back when on my Treo 600 and using color touch screen on my Treo 300. I never owned an Ipod because I have always listened to my portable music through my phones on a MicroSD or SD card. Personally for my daily use the Iphone falls short without: a hard keyboard, no expandable memory, no removable or upgradeable battery, no 3D Talking GPS (Free w/Sprint), no tethering, no flash support (I use Skyfire for that), no editing word, excel, and PP documents, no video recording on older models, no cut copy paste on older models, no Video Out (I don't use that), no MS Exchange Server on older models, and I can backup all my data on multiple memory cards and save on my computers just incase of theft, loss or damage, now with MS Myphone I can save all my info in the cloud and lock my phone if ever stolen. I think that's it. It is a rather sexy phone though and has caused other companies to make their phones sexier so I can thank Apple for making my Touch Pro 2 the sexiest thing out there and watch out for the Touch HD 2 (I won't be getting that, no hard keyboard).
Some of these issues are personal opinions though. hard keyboard, some people perfer an on-screen keyboard (to me it doesn't matter); expandable memory, yea it does suck but at the same time, I have an 8GB iPhone and that is PLENTY for me; battery not being replacable easily does suck I would perfer a replacable battery myself; there are ways to have the 3D talking GPS; I never really expect flash support on any phone so this one doesn't bother me too much at all; I don't edit Office documents on my phones, I perfer waiting till I have access to a desktop (but that's my personal preference); I had copy/paste on mine before the firmware update (there are ways, as with everything); I have never used MS Exchange support on any of my devices, so there's another one that doesn't effect me; backing up in iTUnes and even using MobileMe, backs up all the data, and there is the capabilities to remotely lock/wipe an iPhone incase it gets stolen.

the iPhone is like everyother device, if it does not natively have a function/feature there are ways to make that feature/function available.
Both iPhones and WM Phones are great devices, and depends on what you want it for and the amount of hacking/tweaking/modifing it you want to do.....
Old 10-19-2009, 12:32 PM
Robin Hood of CyberSpace
Pocket PC: Lumia 635

CyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to CyberMonkey Send a message via Yahoo to CyberMonkey

....and to prove my point about both devices being great, I shall talking about the WM Phones.

Lots to choose from, hell HTC makes plenty. Samsung makes at least one, Palm makes them too. More devices to choose from.
Easier to customize out of the box, various different UIs you can DL and use like MobleShell from SPB.
Been around longer so there are TONS of information/downloadable stuff for it....
Some of the cons though, WM is not fully finger friendly there are still lots of areas where you need to pull out the stylus for it. Not all the programs are located in a "one stop shop" yet, so you would have to search multiple sites to find that one program you are looking for. I know when I had my WM Phone, EVERY time I searched for updates on it from MS, there never were any.....

So, as I stated in my other posts about the iPhones. Both devices are great. It will be personal preference as to what would suite your needs over the other....for as many bad things somebody can think of for one, I can think of just as many bad things about the othe type....
Old 10-19-2009, 04:08 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: iphone
Carrier: AT&T
Threadstarter

drift365 is keeping up the good workdrift365 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to drift365

The iphone can edit office documents. there is a free app called docs, and im sure there are plenty more after you jailbreak. I use a microsoft exchanger server every day for my college email. I downloaded a talking gps last night, although i havnt had a chance to use it. You know that fancy port that apple uses? that has video out. Cut copy paste has been out for a very long time all you need to do is jailbreak it. The smallest iphone is 16 gb, which is more than enough, and even if you purchase the 3g, its smallest size is 8.

At first i thought that the iphone wasnt customizable. I know have realized that this isnt true at all. EVERYTHING is changeable. I downloaded several themes to see what they looked like. I can even theme it to vista, or win7
Old 10-19-2009, 05:15 PM
That guy with the axe
Pocket PC: MotoDroid
Carrier: Verizon

breakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on rep

If everyone that had an iPhone were like Cybermonkey and Drift I wouldnt be as resistive to the iPhone . Some of the things the iPhone cant do wouldnt bother me too much, but the 3 that kill it for me are:

1 - Flash. I love having flash through Skyfire. Reading a news article and being able to watch the accompanying video is a must to me, not to mention all the sites that you need flash to actually navigate and use the site.

2 - Multitasking - I use it all the time, it is really nice to be able to keep some apps open and running while you use others.

3 - AT&T, There's a map for that. Granted, it's not the iPhones fault that AT&T sucks, but still, its the only network you can get the iPhone on.

If the iphone suddenly got flash and came to Verizon or Sprint I could probably live without multitasking and then the iPhone wouldnt be so bad, but I still think something like the new Motorola Droid or HD2 or Experia X3 would be a better choice since they have larger higher definition screens, better cameras, multitasking, and faster processors.

My primary waste of time and money http://www.cardomain.com/id/FireDiverZ28
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > iPhone > General iPhone Discussions