PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2009, 05:30 PM
you know ...
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint

meatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to meatgel
Re: [ 11-10 ][ v1 ][ 6.5.x / 6.5 / 6.1 ] Calkulin's Visual WVGA Kitchen & ROMs

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim View Post
can i ask which options you are selecting in the kitchen? they hava a "menu enhancement" option, plus they have the skin color enhancement? is there another option i'm missing?

I take out the HTC Message thing from the OEM folder (don't know if that makes a difference, but don't do it if you still use the HTC meassaging stuff) and then I have just the Menu Enhancement and all of the skins as white/grey.

I can type up the whole list of what I leave in the kitchen, but I don't thinkl that would help. I do know that I don't change the theme from the default ever. Seems if I change it and my menus get square, they never go back to rounded. Also, I never cook in the other themes.

EDIT: Do you have the rounded menus when you first boot up after flashing? That's how I figured out the problem with my diamond. I had rounded menus when I just flashed, then I would change themes or backgrounds and they would be square again. Strra was the one who make me a cab with all of the files in to fix my problem.

I had a lot of issues with themes when I started cooking 6.5 with Calk's kitchen for my Diamond. Strra (hopefully I got that name right) helped me a lot. He's got a TP2 now, too. If you get too stuck, maybe PM him?

If you need anything else, just ask. I don't feel like I really helped you though.

Sprint Evo 3D! ...

Last edited by meatgel; 11-16-2009 at 05:35 PM. Reason: thought of something else ...
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 11-16-2009, 06:53 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by meatgel View Post
I take out the HTC Message thing from the OEM folder (don't know if that makes a difference, but don't do it if you still use the HTC meassaging stuff) and then I have just the Menu Enhancement and all of the skins as white/grey.

I can type up the whole list of what I leave in the kitchen, but I don't thinkl that would help. I do know that I don't change the theme from the default ever. Seems if I change it and my menus get square, they never go back to rounded. Also, I never cook in the other themes.

EDIT: Do you have the rounded menus when you first boot up after flashing? That's how I figured out the problem with my diamond. I had rounded menus when I just flashed, then I would change themes or backgrounds and they would be square again. Strra was the one who make me a cab with all of the files in to fix my problem.

I had a lot of issues with themes when I started cooking 6.5 with Calk's kitchen for my Diamond. Strra (hopefully I got that name right) helped me a lot. He's got a TP2 now, too. If you get too stuck, maybe PM him?

If you need anything else, just ask. I don't feel like I really helped you though.
thanks this does actually help. HOnestly i don't think i'm doing anything wrong, it just may be the sys. i'm using 6.5.1, this may be the reason.
Google is the next skynet
Old 11-16-2009, 06:54 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Verizon HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

Zap! is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zap! View Post
In settings (and then I think in Personal), a file with the name of Text Messaging was forgotten. Can someone upload it? What it does is give you the option of using classic or threaded text messaging. Other builds of 6.5 have it included, but I like this ROM the most.
Quote:
Originally Posted by redd214 View Post
check settings --->system, its there for me
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floods7 View Post
Not there for me either.
Quote:
it's not there for me either.
Will this issue be addressed? I know it won't matter to many, but to me it's huge.
http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/3924/signaturekny.png
Old 11-16-2009, 09:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Telus

citats is keeping up the good workcitats is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zap! View Post
Will this issue be addressed? I know it won't matter to many, but to me it's huge.
Have you cooked in HD Tweak? If not google it and you will be able to use this weaking program to change your threaded option.
Old 11-16-2009, 10:05 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC TP2... Da Bomb!
Carrier: VZW... Can U @&^&!# Hear Me Now!

DigitalAttic is halfway to VIP status based on repDigitalAttic is halfway to VIP status based on repDigitalAttic is halfway to VIP status based on repDigitalAttic is halfway to VIP status based on repDigitalAttic is halfway to VIP status based on repDigitalAttic is halfway to VIP status based on repDigitalAttic is halfway to VIP status based on repDigitalAttic is halfway to VIP status based on repDigitalAttic is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to DigitalAttic Send a message via MSN to DigitalAttic Send a message via Skype™ to DigitalAttic

Quote:
Originally Posted by amw1972 View Post
I've been using Calku's kitchen since TP1...and I never bothered to ask the following question:

If I cooked in apps such as midomi, coreplayer for example, will I lose system memory space? Meaning, if I cooked all that stuff in VICE installing after the fact onto the storage card...will I run the risk of running out of memory?
With 288MB memory, I doubt it, so long as you don't go nuts. I would cook your core apps in if they don't change much, but keep it to a dozen or so.

Use UC or Sashimi to auto-config post flash and you will be lovin' this device.

And yes I have a TP2, but I haven't gone live with it yet, so my sig still says TgimP

If my post helps you, please hit the "Thanks" button... it's free and I need the rep!
Old 11-16-2009, 10:24 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO, 2x TOUCH PRO2
Carrier: SPRINT

rose1 knows their stuffrose1 knows their stuffrose1 knows their stuffrose1 knows their stuffrose1 knows their stuffrose1 knows their stuffrose1 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to rose1

Can someone help me out with this? I'm not trying to steal anyones work but I just love the weather clocks that NRGZ28 uses in his roms (I also like his roms but I like to be able to customize my roms). There seems to be no clocks available for manila 2.1.19xx(htc sense) or 2.5 other than that those ugly, huge gray clocks. I searched all over and cannot find the clock that NRG uses. Can someone either post a cab or oem of the clock. Here is a pic

Old 11-17-2009, 12:00 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Treo pro Soon to be Touch pro 2

remlle is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via ICQ to remlle Send a message via AIM to remlle Send a message via Yahoo to remlle

have an issue on sprint where I Can forward a text message to an e-mail address using SMS. it works on stock roms and mightys rom but not this one or juicys for some reason.
Old 11-17-2009, 12:01 AM
you know ...
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D

meatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to meatgel

I was wrong about taking the HTC messaging out of the OEM being a fix for having trouble sending SMS without manila. The bug came back today and I had to soft reset to be able to send texts again. Actually happened twice today.

Back to the kitchen ...
Old 11-17-2009, 12:38 AM
Jailbroken and rooted
Pocket PC: ET4G/Thrive/iPad (original)
Carrier: Sprint and AT&T

amw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I used Juggalos' MRX Sprint provisioning cab...didn't cook in any provisioning stuff...that allowed me to maintain sms thru manila and send mms via album...using arcsoft

receiving mms done thru windows messaging...a swipe from email inbox page (windows)

Old 11-17-2009, 12:57 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Motorola Droid 2
Carrier: Verizon

xenokira is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
I was wrong about taking the HTC messaging out of the OEM being a fix for having trouble sending SMS without manila. The bug came back today and I had to soft reset to be able to send texts again. Actually happened twice today.

Back to the kitchen ...
I can confirm this--it happened to me today too.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development