PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2011, 11:54 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Verizon

PPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |ROM|¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |July 4| 21916|29022 * Sense 2021 + flavors

I was using G-Alarm with a scheduled EXE (Restart.exe) at a set time....would reboot at 1am each night.

This works great if you do a couple of things:
1. Get rid of the the stock boot animation. The white screen makes it light up and can be very annoying.
2. Get rid of the boot sound. Again, like #1 gets annoying when rebooting during the night
3. Set display timeout value when plugged in to 1min. Default when plugged in is 30mins. If you don't change this, the screen stays on for 30mins before it turns off.

Another thing is this does not restart the phone in a locked state. Can add a second EXE to the mix, devicelock.exe to fire off at about 5mins past the reboot to ensure it locks the device.

I have had this method before and currently have it turned off.

Will look to put this back into the mix.

You can also execute .mscr files as well but the G-Alarm program wont let you pick the .MSCR, only .EXE. But if you type it in, it will execute the .mscr.

Thanks.

EDIT: Or if you don't want to use the G-Alarm app, can use others to create a scheduled notification to execute a program at a set time. I can post up a mortscript later that can schedule the reboot; possibly with the option to lock after a few minutes as well.

NRGz Wiki/FAQ Here
NRGz 29022 Sense 2.5 CHT1.8.5 Jul 4th

Last edited by PPCFreak; 07-10-2011 at 12:02 PM.
This post has been thanked 5 times.
Old 07-10-2011, 12:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

blunij is becoming a PPCGeeks regularblunij is becoming a PPCGeeks regularblunij is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPCFreak View Post
I was using G-Alarm with a scheduled EXE (Restart.exe) at a set time....would reboot at 1am each night.

EDIT: Or if you don't want to use the G-Alarm app, can use others to create a scheduled notification to execute a program at a set time. I can post up a mortscript later that can schedule the reboot; possibly with the option to lock after a few minutes as well.
Would be very cool! Thanks
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-10-2011, 10:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch=>TP2=>Touch=>Diamond=>TouchPro2 (current)
Carrier: SPRINT

bpsamant is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by blunij View Post
Is there a script or CAB available that will restart your phone at a scheduled time (like the wee hours of the morning while charging) so that RAM will be released?
Quote:

This works great if you do a couple of things:
1. Get rid of the the stock boot animation. The white screen makes it light up and can be very annoying.
2. Get rid of the boot sound. Again, like #1 gets annoying when rebooting during the night
3. Set display timeout value when plugged in to 1min. Default when plugged in is 30mins. If you don't change this, the screen stays on for 30mins before it turns off.

Another thing is this does not restart the phone in a locked state. Can add a second EXE to the mix, devicelock.exe to fire off at about 5mins past the reboot to ensure it locks the device.

I have had this method before and currently have it turned off.

Will look to put this back into the mix.

You can also execute .mscr files as well but the G-Alarm program wont let you pick the .MSCR, only .EXE. But if you type it in, it will execute the .mscr.

Thanks.

Agree this is a nice idea, although I only understood about ~60% of the above post.

I was wondering, is there a way to turn on the phone at say 5am.
So lets say:
I turn off my phone at 11pm.
I charge my phone at night and leave it on charger/off state.
I have an alarm set at 6am.
So can I have the phone turn on at 5am?
Old 07-10-2011, 10:48 PM
Almost a VIP

PPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpsamant View Post
Agree this is a nice idea, although I only understood about ~60% of the above post.

I was wondering, is there a way to turn on the phone at say 5am.
So lets say:
I turn off my phone at 11pm.
I charge my phone at night and leave it on charger/off state.
I have an alarm set at 6am.
So can I have the phone turn on at 5am?
Nothing will 'turn the phone on' if the device is powered down.

Might be a way to put it in a 'deep' sleep state at said time and then pull it out of the 'deep' sleep at a given time.

As a alternative, you could load up a profiler tool (a program that loads up different profiles for a given time period) and setup states as you want them.
For example: G-Profiler (ageye.de: Software, apps and games for smart devices) and setup at 11pm all turned off. Wifi, data, phone (put in airplane mode), volume off, etc. Then at 5am put the items listed back on.

Will have to look into 'deep sleep state' to see if that is possible or not.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-10-2011, 11:22 PM
Almost a VIP

Quote:
Would be very cool! Thanks
As requested.....

Mortscript to Reboot phone at given time.

Couple of items to be aware of with this script:

1. The remove notification does not work right now. Working on that currently. Will have to do some fine tuning with the remove notification call to ensure it only pulls out the one that it should be pulling out (namely, the attached script).

Items working on yet for the Reboot:
--Startup items. I don't have anything in my windows\startup folder as it can cause memory issues (see the Dream Phone II thread in the main threads for reasons to clear out \Windows\Startup).
Idea is to setup startup items as a mortscript to run at a set time frame after the reboot. This would be done by adding another mortscript to the notifications que to run approx. 5mins after the reboot.

That all being said, attached is the first version of the Reboot.mscr

Let me know your thoughts.

UPDATE: Moved to Main Thread since this is not particular to Energys Roms.
See new link for latest with the fixed Remove Notification and System Path variable which should make it universal across any ROM/Language.

Thanks.
Link: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/htc-touch-...er-script.html

Last edited by PPCFreak; 07-11-2011 at 09:42 PM. Reason: Moved to Main Thread
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 07-11-2011, 07:13 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro II

kyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.7 (WindowsMobile; PPC; Opera Mobi/35267; U; en; Presto/2.1.1))

GibbsUSA makes a reset program that never lets you down. I have posted it here before. Schedule a time and the phone resets every day, locked or not.

My Dream is to make the phone stop waking up every time it gets an sms.
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 07-11-2011, 11:26 AM
Almost a VIP

Wirelessly posted (VZW TP2: Opera/9.7 (WindowsMobile; PPC; Opera Mobi/35267; U; en; Presto/2.1.1))

there is a thread about disabling the sms wakeup but it really isnt a disable...its simply a quicker timeout of the screen when an sms wakes the device.

it is in the main threads section and think it is started by Elesbb (think that is correct).

It does have some issues with the energy roms as some of the reg keys it is relying on do not seem to be present/flipping in Energys roms (I tested his script and found some of the missing reg keys).

Other then that, the bsb tweaks does not seem to be working (the network switching from 3g to 1x seems to be what is waking the device).

Link to main thread post:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/wiforums/GetThread.php?t=143976

Last edited by PPCFreak; 07-11-2011 at 11:31 AM.
Old 07-11-2011, 12:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2

blunij is becoming a PPCGeeks regularblunij is becoming a PPCGeeks regularblunij is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
As requested.....

Mortscript to Reboot phone at given time.

Couple of items to be aware of with this script:

1. The remove notification does not work right now. Working on that currently. Will have to do some fine tuning with the remove notification call to ensure it only pulls out the one that it should be pulling out (namely, the attached script).

Items working on yet for the Reboot:
--Startup items. I don't have anything in my windows\startup folder as it can cause memory issues (see the Dream Phone II thread in the main threads for reasons to clear out \Windows\Startup).
Idea is to setup startup items as a mortscript to run at a set time frame after the reboot. This would be done by adding another mortscript to the notifications que to run approx. 5mins after the reboot.

That all being said, attached is the first version of the Reboot.mscr

Let me know your thoughts.
Wow, my very own custom script!! LOL I so appreciate your time and effort!
I am not quite sure what you mean when you are talking about notification problem.
I set this to run three times. The first time I watched the phone as it went through the script. It got to the screen that you would see when changing volume and it seemed to go down a few steps. I then touched the screen and it continued to my main screen. It stayed lit and I realized that I needed to change the setting as to how long the phone stays on during charging. I also set an alarm for after the next try and the alarm worked.
I do choose to keep some things in the startup folder as I see no harm or difference starting them up there as opposed to doing it manually after restart. I have wktask, winmospeed, lock device and intercept there. I am trying to figure out what intercept does before removing it.
Great work! Great Community!
Old 07-11-2011, 02:47 PM
Almost a VIP

Quote:
Wow, my very own custom script!! LOL I so appreciate your time and effort!
I am not quite sure what you mean when you are talking about notification problem.
I set this to run three times. The first time I watched the phone as it went through the script. It got to the screen that you would see when changing volume and it seemed to go down a few steps. I then touched the screen and it continued to my main screen. It stayed lit and I realized that I needed to change the setting as to how long the phone stays on during charging. I also set an alarm for after the next try and the alarm worked.
I do choose to keep some things in the startup folder as I see no harm or difference starting them up there as opposed to doing it manually after restart. I have wktask, winmospeed, lock device and intercept there. I am trying to figure out what intercept does before removing it.
Great work! Great Community!
The issue is that it will not remove the current notification from the que.

So say you are playing around with it. You set it up to run at 2pm. Then decide before the 2pm that it should have been 2:30pm. So you run it again.
Since the removenotification is not working, you actually have 2 in there...the original at 2pm and the new one at 2:30pm.

This becomes an issue when you have setup the reoccurance (everyday, every 2nd day, etc). As the script fires off, it actually sets the next notification first, then executes the restart.ext from the windows directory.

So in a nut shell, you would be rebooting at 2pm and 2:30pm every x day (what every you set initially).

To remove these, use dotFred's taskmanager. On the upper right corner is the drop down arrow. Click on that and then select Notifications.
Look for any one the entries that have \Windows\Mortscript.exe
Click on that to select it and then click on the blue barrel with the pencil (Edit button).
This will let you look at the notification and what it is doing.
Then if you want to delete that one, close that window, and click on the blue barrel with the red - (Delete button).

I am still working on getting the remove notification to work as well.

EDIT: Updated script found in main TP2 Thread here
Moved script for better exposure.

Last edited by PPCFreak; 07-11-2011 at 09:44 PM. Reason: Moved Script to Main Thread.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 07-11-2011, 07:05 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

sal0722 is a n00b

I'm new here and I downloaded Energy.RHODCDMA.21916.Sense2.5.Cookie.2.0.sencity. Jul.04

I tried installing it to my TP2 and I got an Error 262 message. Any ideas what I did wrong? Or if someone could give me the step by step on how to install on my phone I would greatly appreciate it.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development