PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2011, 11:37 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Micro$oft 950
Carrier: AT&T

steveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |ROM|¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Apr 26| 21916|29020 * Sense 2021 + flavors

UTask is great. Sharkie has been including it on his ROMs for a while now. Anyone have any questions ect. jump on over and ask. Lots of seasoned users of it there. Think you guys using Energy will like it too.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 04-27-2011, 11:40 PM
VIP Member - Retired
Pocket PC: Moto Flip>Smsng 8500>Razr v3m>Mogul>TP>3 TP2s+ ??
Carrier: Sprint Premier Gold- White Glove Status

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
150 MB of RAM using an Energy ROM!

150 MB of RAM! New record... using an Energy ROM!!!
Like to see someone beat this!
Sorry for bad pic, shake & save uses a couple MB of RAM so I took pic with another TP2, however I had to go into windows start, then settings, memory to get this.. at least 2 MB of RAM used doing that, puts it over 150 MB! lol!

also bump... FOR 29020 (26th & maybe 27th) BUILDS: (if you can't set another startmenu)
Quote:
Originally Posted by teradog View Post
Start Menu Layout Switch temporary work around: Patch/ FIX

1. total commander, windows\utaskconfig, windows key, configure key tab, Execute, (set to) windows\start.exe, save
2. settings, startmenu switch, run the one you want, reboot
done, easy
*edit* sorry corrected a misspell... added more detail...

Have to laugh... NRG drops down a couple awesome ROMs & all the big ol dogs come out to play!! :>))
Hey DaveTN! Get a book or 2 & stay down there! My bro is just across the border from you, real nightmare for weeks! Bad stuff... believe!

powinmo: very nicely put statement about that other dialer... I probably wouldn't have :>))
*edit (may have been a tad more blunt than u)

Also, my GPS chip went out, brought to sprint store tonight after flashing stock, then lock... new TP2 right now.. no more screen scratches! :>))
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 150 MB free RAM.jpg (606.2 KB, 136 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by teradog; 04-28-2011 at 12:51 PM.
Old 04-28-2011, 01:59 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro II
Carrier: Verizon

kyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

I was going to flash the new flash, but with the new variable of uTask, I think I am going to wait a bit, and see what the populace does..... Plus I am unsure of this new build...
Old 04-28-2011, 02:04 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

mizzourob is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

FYI, looks like the latest reference builds are missing
Old 04-28-2011, 04:32 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Merge
Carrier: US Cellular

spacious is keeping up the good workspacious is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
*gasp*
NO... SAY IT ISN"T SO... death of winmo 6.x.x?? 29021 final build???
The information in that link sounds "iffy" at best. We'll see.
Old 04-28-2011, 05:12 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Rhodium CDMA
Carrier: Orange

Monfro is halfway to VIP status based on repMonfro is halfway to VIP status based on repMonfro is halfway to VIP status based on repMonfro is halfway to VIP status based on repMonfro is halfway to VIP status based on repMonfro is halfway to VIP status based on repMonfro is halfway to VIP status based on repMonfro is halfway to VIP status based on repMonfro is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
*gasp*
NO... SAY IT ISN"T SO... death of winmo 6.x.x?? 29021 final build???
Quote:
Originally Posted by spacious View Post
The information in that link sounds "iffy" at best. We'll see.
Probably there will be new WM builds until this summer (if we are lucky autumn or more):

Quote:
Keep in mind that Microsoft still has no successor to WM. WP7 was never meant to replace WM. WEH (Windows Embedded Handheld) is still being prepared for general release as far as I know. The only Mobile Operating Systems that are suitable for enterprise level clients are BlackBerry and WM. WEH devices are not scheduled to be released until the second half of this year. This is why we are still seeing new builds coming out. Just because DFT don't wish to share anymore, doesn't mean the OS has died. We just need to be patient and see what comes of it.

I've outlined it once before in this post, if anyone is interested.
Looks like also that 290xx branch is labelled as WEH.

Reference 1

Reference 2
Old 04-28-2011, 05:27 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: htc tp2 verizon
Carrier: vodaphone

krazydude knows their stuffkrazydude knows their stuffkrazydude knows their stuffkrazydude knows their stuffkrazydude knows their stuffkrazydude knows their stuffkrazydude knows their stuff
Re: 150 MB of RAM using an Energy ROM!

Quote:
150 MB of RAM! New record... using an Energy ROM!!!
Like to see someone beat this!
Sorry for bad pic, shake & save uses a couple MB of RAM so I took pic with another TP2, however I had to go into windows start, then settings, memory to get this.. at least 2 MB of RAM used doing that, puts it over 150 MB! lol!

also bump... FOR 29020 (26th & maybe 27th) BUILDS: (if you can't set another startmenu)*edit* sorry corrected a misspell... added more detail...

Have to laugh... NRG drops down a couple awesome ROMs & all the big ol dogs come out to play!! :>))
Hey DaveTN! Get a book or 2 & stay down there! My bro is just across the border from you, real nightmare for weeks! Bad stuff... believe!

powinmo: very nicely put statement about that other dialer... I probably wouldn't have :>))

Also, my GPS chip went out, brought to sprint store tonight after flashing stock, then lock... new TP2 right now.. no more screen scratches! :>))
Hey tera!!!!
how did you manage to get 150mb free ram?
do share
thanks
krazy

phone pyramid
imate kjam to asus P527 to HTC Touch Pro 2
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-28-2011, 07:29 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC PRO 2
Carrier: SPRINT

adam1 is becoming a great contributor

is there 6.5 2.1 sense build please ????????
Old 04-28-2011, 09:42 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

kern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuff

Just wanted to chime in a quick review and maybe and idea that some folks may want to try.

I am on the Apr23 Reference Rom with Cookie 2.0 added on top manually. For s&g i decided to lower the pagepool to 12 and see how I liked it. I must say I had forget how fundamentally important having free RAM is since my VZW TP days, when saving RAM was the main driver to flashing custom ROMs like SSK.

I ultimately see a speed increase due to a few things. One primary is that with the extra ram, it seems that file transfer is much faster. I remember, again back when I had the TP, that we used to test speed by seeing how long it took to open the 'Windows' folder. Doing that now I see a much quicker response. Another big thing is i can overclock faster without hangups or freezes. I have been running 787 automatically at bootup using WiMoSpeed and i'm going to try out 806 next, when previously i could barely get over 710. And not to mention the ability to have much more apps open and running simultaneously without them being forced closed.

At bootup I have 42% RAM consumption and after my phone has settled down I'm up to 62% (Not sure of the accuracy of the State Indicator button but that's what I use). I think this pagepool setting is the route I will be going from now on.

Again thanks for the great ROMs NRG, especially the reference ROMs for old Mighty users like me that really like having a blank slate to work with.
Old 04-28-2011, 10:11 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro II

kyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monfro View Post
Probably there will be new WM builds until this summer (if we are lucky autumn or more):

Looks like also that 290xx branch is labelled as WEH.

Reference 1

Reference 2

Gee, That's so strange... Microsoft with a very confused migration path. I seriously think they are their own worst enemy

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development