PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2011, 07:18 AM
VIP Member - Retired
Pocket PC: Moto Flip>Smsng 8500>Razr v3m>Mogul>TP>3 TP2s+ ??
Carrier: Sprint Premier Gold- White Glove Status

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |RHODIUM CDMA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Dec 13| 21916|29005 * Sense 20

silly humor krazy, did you have issues with 29005? im becomming more convinced that its either..
1. cabs people load post rom install (xdauc, sashimi, one by one, or some drivers)
2. a bad flash or no task29
3. cookie 2
4. restoring old cookie settings &/or something your doing inside cookie thats triggering it... remeber a twit a couple weeks ago about having tasks on the main screen causing strange issues...

be nice if we could compile exactly which rom ppl w freezing dl'd

reflash (new dl, task29, wipe..), only restore your contacts & run naked for a couple days...

i stand with nate.. (or vice versa ), and will even state: this makes the top 3 all time stable ROMs in my book!

anyone freeezing with cookie 1.85?

*edit* what you been drink'n krazy?! #29584 this one says you love it...

Last edited by teradog; 01-06-2011 at 07:28 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-06-2011, 08:40 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc 6900 > HTC TP2>Samsung Galaxy
Carrier: Metro PCS

pl0323 is keeping up the good workpl0323 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: |RHODIUM CDMA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Dec 13| 21916|29005 * Sense 20

Never had a problem with 1.85, 2.0 was my problem, it caused all the freezes, when I switched back to 1.85, no issues at all.
Old 01-06-2011, 09:18 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 800w
Carrier: Sprint

mtnbkr is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by pl0323 View Post
Never had a problem with 1.85, 2.0 was my problem, it caused all the freezes, when I switched back to 1.85, no issues at all.

If I downloaded a version of the rom that has CHT 2.0, can I easily downgrade to 1.85? I had the another version that had 1.85 and it seemed to freeze and run smoother.
Old 01-06-2011, 10:58 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 CDMA

beejmeister is becoming a great contributor

BACK for 1 DAY and had to Flash me Some NRG!

You know you're a Flash addict when you lose your EPIC, reactivate your TP2 for just 1 day while they overnight a new EPIC to you, and the first thing you do is get on this Thread and download NRG's latest.

Cheers NRG! Great ROM. Flashed a 29005 with CHT 2.0 and am now nostalgic for your ROMs.

In my nostalgia, I felt the need to mention here the things I miss from WM/HTC Sense:

1-The Sense UI overall is sweet.
2-This morning I just quick flipped through 9 emails on the Sense to quickly view them. Slick.
3-Same for the Photo interface in Sense... better than having to go to an App.
4-CHT enhancements. Man. Having the home page on Sense so tightly put together and flexible, i.e. the calendar pull down and the icons at the bottom (that can be swiped up.... nice.
5-NRG ROMs

Anyway. Cheers to all. This is a great phone!

That's it!

Oh... Crazy... I'm a Flash Junky as well... hence my 1 day back here... but you might want to go read this thread before posting further: Constructive Criticism Etiquette 101... The bottom line is to keep in mind that NRG doesn't OWE you anything on the fly.

Also. Teradog makes some good points... MOST of the problems that occur with ROMs (WM or Android) are caused by what you load on the phones AFTER the ROM or are due to a bad flash.

I know I always overtask ROMs I install because I have ~1400 contacts with multiple phone numbers and notes that eats up memory and such. When you run naked ROMs with just the bare essentials after installation they run MUCH better than after you've loaded on your XDA_UC litany of Apps and your own data.

Cheers to all and I'm now going to encourage my wife to take my TP2 over her Pre as, like I said, this ROM rocks!

BJ
ROM: What day is it?

Last edited by beejmeister; 01-06-2011 at 10:58 AM. Reason: syntax
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 01-06-2011, 11:09 AM
VIP Member - Retired
Pocket PC: Moto Flip>Smsng 8500>Razr v3m>Mogul>TP>3 TP2s+ ??
Carrier: Sprint Premier Gold- White Glove Status

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by natemcnutty View Post
Been running 29007 reference flawlessly for over a week. It's actually the most stable build I've run yet. Two things to do if you haven't: 1) Switch to a different start menu, 2) Install WiMoSpeed and follow the directions: [APP] WiMoSpeed: [2011-01-05] V1.03 - xda-developers

Other than that, it's user error...
Very important!!
"running 29007 reference"
Last I knew that ROM has NO COOKIE at all!!!!!!!!

I'm not running any Cookie, and pl0323 is on 1.8.5 & says 2.0 WAS his problem...

This isn't rocket science folks... TONS of people report issues with 2.0, so TRY A DIFFERENT ROM!! 1.8.5 & see if your problems go away.

*edit* (krazy dude being the exception of course :>)) lol

Personally if I were you & wanted to test this (assuming I was having freezing issues)... Go uncheck sense in settings, home, >> items, and check Titanium, OR nothing & use the winkey to start your programs, OR choose a Sense/home/today replacement. (you need to DL them first & run the cab.. what are they?

*TouchXperiance: http://wmphones.co.uk/touchxperience...mobile-phones/
*SPB (30 days free),
*Titanium (stock windows... yea it sucks but this is testing remember???)
*Easy Today (search xda)
*IPT (xda)
*Reference ROM = Sense but no cookie
*None, DL old today screen menus from 3 years ago... & use the start key or Qmenu!

If you have no more issues, the problem was COOKIE! (or the way you had it setup, too close, tasks on main screen, a potential massive variety of other unknowns.., etc..)

*disclaimer*
trying to help, inevitably someone will think I'm putting down "their" fav (Cookie) & blast this post or stick up for it... that's great, it's all a matter of opinion & if it works for you stick with it & enjoy.... This is for those with issues & trying to get them settled.. in the 2 days I ran Cookie 2, I personally didn't have an issue... but mysteriously ALL of my issues have vanished when I quit using either Cookie, along with many others on this forum! In fact, many long time users that I know made the switch don't even post here anymore as they simply have no issues!!!

re. your Q mountain biker... yea, easily reflash to 1.8.5! :>))

Nate & everyone...

My 2 cents on WiMoSpeed:
I see absolutely NO improvement over Msm7kcpuspeed & SetCPUspeed01d. In fact, @ 806 mhz the TP2 locks up faster with wimospeed than with msm&setcpu. I can run very stable @ 786 with msm7kcpuspeed/setcpu, but tp2 eventually locks up with wimospeed.

Those that know me know I test thoroughly & push my TP2 to the limits... I rebooted at least 60 times testing this stuff. However, another may have different results based on their ROM/Radio/carrier/cabs/usage/etc..

The few I've seen reporting increases in speed have come from OCT... not msm7kcpuspeed/setcpu.

My opinion only...

What the heck ever happened to kiowa & datbiodame by the way?? Must've got new phones...

Last edited by teradog; 01-06-2011 at 07:31 PM.
Old 01-06-2011, 01:37 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

kots is just getting started
turn off wifi broadcast

I noticed that my TP2 is broadcasting wifi signal even with the wifi turned off and wifi-router not running. Anybody else notice this? I am using the latest Standard No Cookie Sense 29005.

The broadcast SSID is showing my phone's name and unsecured computer-to-computer network.

Please help on how to turn this off.
Old 01-06-2011, 02:16 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

Chiro36 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-bob View Post
Dude, you're overthinking this, NRG did all the work for us. Here's what I do: 1. plug your phone into the computer. 2. select "Internet Sharing" from the 3 options on the phone 3. wait a minute to see if WMDC opens, if it does close it. 4. select "connect" lower left on the phone. 5. you are now online anywhere, even driving down the interstate (did that last week). This is exactly what I do every time and have never received any problems from sprint about it. Good luck.
When I try to tether, it just says "check usb cable connection". The cable is connected so I have no idea what is wrong...any thoughts? Thanks
Old 01-06-2011, 03:32 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: sprint

xttc2000 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiro36 View Post
When I try to tether, it just says "check usb cable connection". The cable is connected so I have no idea what is wrong...any thoughts? Thanks
go to wireless controls and turn off data connection first.
Old 01-06-2011, 04:46 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Rhodium

MassStash is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMassStash is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMassStash is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazydude View Post
i dont understand what i said wrong dude?
just giving feedback
and if you r not a flash junkie i guess you wont understand the latter part of the post anyways
anyways peace
cheers
alright, my mistake then bro. used to be a FJ, nut not lately.... anyway, does switchin startmenus fix the blur startmenu, or just not use it anymore haha?
Old 01-06-2011, 05:06 PM
I MADE IT!!!
Pocket PC: MIUI Powered 3VO, MikFroyo'd EVO & Energized Pro 2

ooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to ooxteme

Quote:
Originally Posted by teradog View Post

What the heck ever happened to kiowa & datbiodame by the way?? Must've got new phones...
This is a good question!!!! I havent seen those two around for awhile!!!

Im think im finally going back to a 1.8.5 cookie this is just too much for me anymore

Edit: Yup dl'ing now...

TEAM MiK
Member Since 12/30/10

Last edited by ooxteme; 01-06-2011 at 05:08 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development