PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2010, 10:16 AM
I MADE IT!!!
Pocket PC: MIUI Powered 3VO, MikFroyo'd EVO & Energized Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

ooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to ooxteme
Re: |RHODIUM CDMA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Dec 1| 21916|23149 * Sense 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by eazy2001x View Post
Ok.. Im pissed.. does anyone have the KB driver or know how to chance the keyboard shortcut where you hit the FN key and the internet globe to open up your browser. It was always set to open Opera in the past now it opens IE. I used a keyboard shortcut changer and what happens sometimes is that IE will open up with opera when I click the button rather than just opera. I don’t use IE and grr.. Wait.. ill just rename my opera link to IE and be done. That will work for now and ill just make a copy of IE and call it something else with a new short cut.
Slow down i little bit... I would try a keyboard remapper and then map the globe to opera and all should be good!!! Sounds like you have it mapped to both IE and opera at the same time.

Heres one ive used and works pretty good!
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=554240

TEAM MiK
Member Since 12/30/10

Last edited by ooxteme; 12-03-2010 at 10:19 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-03-2010, 10:26 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2

eazy2001x is keeping up the good workeazy2001x is keeping up the good workeazy2001x is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Re: |RHODIUM CDMA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Dec 1| 21916|23149 * Sense 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooxteme View Post
Slow down i little bit... I would try a keyboard remapper and then map the globe to opera and all should be good!!! Sounds like you have it mapped to both IE and opera at the same time.

Heres one ive used and works pretty good!
[APP+DRV] [Keys remapper] Rhodium Keyboard Controller GSM/CDMA v1.4 - xda-developers

actually.. the re-mapper works like 80% of the time.. there are times when i click on the globe and ie and opera comes up at the same time. it seems that it dosent actually re-map it.. but monitors the key press and stops one action then makes another one happen. i am using the re-mapper..
Old 12-03-2010, 10:50 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro II
Carrier: Verizon

kyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Re: |RHODIUM CDMA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Nov 25| 21916|23699 * Sense 20

I am on an October Cookie 23xx ROM and it happens to me all the time. It seems related to the #777 problem that I discussed with NRG some time ago.

My best guess is that the phone is attempting to make a data connection during a call. It can't dial the #777, so it fires up the WiFi. This is also related to the Bluetooth hangup issue. The phone hasn't disconnected the voice call, but it tries to make a data call and get's confused. I added the delay back for the hangup, and it seems to have helped. (Perhaps that's why it's there on Verizon's ROM)

Quote:
Originally Posted by moosen34 View Post
I searched through the thread and it doesn't seem like anyone else has had this problem.

My wifi keeps on randomly turning on out of no where. At first I thought it was only happening during a call and I thought possibly I was turning it on by having my face touch the screen, when I would get off the phone my wifi would always be on, but not it seems to happen at other random times. It happens virtually every time I'm on a call.

Does anyone know what's going on here? It kills my battery out of no where.

EDIT:

I'm on Energy.RHODCDMA.21916.Sense2.5.Reference.Nov.25.7z
Old 12-03-2010, 10:56 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2

eazy2001x is keeping up the good workeazy2001x is keeping up the good workeazy2001x is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eazy2001x View Post
actually.. the re-mapper works like 80% of the time.. there are times when i click on the globe and ie and opera comes up at the same time. it seems that it dosent actually re-map it.. but monitors the key press and stops one action then makes another one happen. i am using the re-mapper..

eh.. just did a copy.. rename.. overwrite.. done.. button is working now.. that globe button does not like to be remapped.
Old 12-03-2010, 12:32 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

fishboy is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clem2 View Post
Does any one know of a way to lose the HTC SMS message client, and only use the stock WM sms client?

I would like the sms screen in sense to pull up the text message in the WM client.

This seems to be a very diffucult task.
This may not be the solution you are looking for, but if you are willing to bypass the Manila Messaging tab, you can modify the behavior of the CHT SMS notification buttons and use them to launch directly to the windows mobile SMS client.

Since the CHTEditor-Applications editor only allows you to choose applications/shortcuts listed in your start menu, there are two ways to change this behavior.

1. Create a short with the following

\Windows\tmail.exe -service "SMS"

Copy it to a location in the StartMenu (such as \Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Internet), then use CHTEditor-Applications to assign it to the Messaging application.

2. If you dont want this icon cluttering up your Start Menu, you can edit the register directly (and export it for use with XDA_UC).

Goto reg key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\HTC\Manila

For the Name Value:

CHT.ProgramLink.Messages

Change the Value to:

Restart Sense to have the change take affect.

Last edited by fishboy; 12-03-2010 at 12:35 PM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 12-03-2010, 01:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D

buddywiser knows their stuffbuddywiser knows their stuffbuddywiser knows their stuffbuddywiser knows their stuffbuddywiser knows their stuffbuddywiser knows their stuff

Cool!

NRGZ28's Twitter

Christmas themed ROMs uploading.... soon
2 minutes ago via Digsby
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-03-2010, 01:53 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

PPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishboy View Post
This may not be the solution you are looking for, but if you are willing to bypass the Manila Messaging tab, you can modify the behavior of the CHT SMS notification buttons and use them to launch directly to the windows mobile SMS client.

Since the CHTEditor-Applications editor only allows you to choose applications/shortcuts listed in your start menu, there are two ways to change this behavior.

1. Create a short with the following

Copy it to a location in the StartMenu (such as \Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Internet), then use CHTEditor-Applications to assign it to the Messaging application.

2. If you dont want this icon cluttering up your Start Menu, you can edit the register directly (and export it for use with XDA_UC).

Goto reg key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\HTC\Manila

For the Name Value:

CHT.ProgramLink.Messages

Change the Value to:

Restart Sense to have the change take affect.
If I wanted to change the Email button on CHT 2.0 to go to Outlook Email, would I change CHT.ProgramLink.Email to \Windows\tmail.exe -serivce "Outlook Email"?

thanks.

NRGz Wiki/FAQ Here
NRGz 29022 Sense 2.5 CHT1.8.5 Jul 4th
Old 12-03-2010, 02:57 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

fishboy is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPCFreak View Post
If I wanted to change the Email button on CHT 2.0 to go to Outlook Email, would I change CHT.ProgramLink.Email to \Windows\tmail.exe -serivce "Outlook Email"?

thanks.
Try \Windows\tmail.exe -service "ActiveSync"

There are other "service" entries you can use to open other email accounts such as gmail, aol, etc. but need to look them up.

EDIT: FYI, I think to access other email accounts, you just use the email account name, for example:
\Windows\tmail.exe -service "AOL"
\Windows\tmail.exe -service "Gmail"

If you just want to go to the Windows Mobile messaging app, where you see the list of all email accounts (include sms/mms), just use the CHTEditor-Applications editor to select the "Messaging" application.

Here is a list of other useful shortcuts: http://www.wmskins.com/blog/shortcuts-for-settings-common-tasks-in-windows-mobile

Last edited by fishboy; 12-03-2010 at 06:12 PM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 12-03-2010, 03:26 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

PPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishboy View Post
Try \Windows\tmail.exe -service "Activesync"

There are other "service" entries you can use to open other email accounts such as gmail, aol, etc. but need to look them up.

EDIT: FYI, I think to access other email accounts, you just use the email account name, for example:
\Windows\tmail.exe -service "AOL"
\Windows\tmail.exe -service "Gmail"

If you just want to go to the Windows Mobile messaging app, where you see the list of all email accounts (include sms/mms), just use the CHTEditor-Applications editor to select the "Messaging" application.

Here is a list of other useful shortcuts: http://www.wmskins.com/blog/shortcuts-for-settings-common-tasks-in-windows-mobile
Thanks.

1 more question: any way to add a 2nd and possible 3rd Email icon to the CHT2.0 home screen that could then be linked to different email accounts?
Have ActiveSync as my work account, GMail and Hotmail accounts as well.

Currently changed the email button to to to tmail.exe -service "ActiveSync".
Would be nice to have have another button or 2 to edit and make go to Gmail and Hotmail.

Thanks.

EDIT: ActiveSync didn't work. Going to Try Outlook E-mail as that is what is says in the account picker.
EDIT2: Outlook E-mail didn't work either. Trying Activesync to see if it is case sensitive.
EDIT3: Activesync didn't work either. Trying just Outlook now.

EDIT4: Nothing seems to work for the Email. I even tried linking straight to the Message app using CHTEditor and that doesn't work. Is this maybe a bug in CHT2.0?

Last edited by PPCFreak; 12-03-2010 at 03:49 PM.
Old 12-03-2010, 04:32 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Verizon TP2

davahad is a n00b
Re: |RHODIUM CDMA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Nov 25| 21916|23699 * Sense 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by bman2010 View Post
I noted a problem with the 21916 Sencity build of Nov 25th. When using BT with my incar system, the system does not properly disconnect from the phone. I have gone back to Oct 25th 21683 sencity build. It works fine.
I have the same problem with my Car Bluetooth. Cannot hang up a phone call. Bluetooth worked perfectly in my car with MightROM SE.

Isn't there a way to cook in different Bluetooth Drivers like the ones used by MightyROM SE

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development