PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2010, 11:27 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Sprint

Agentz919 knows their stuffAgentz919 knows their stuffAgentz919 knows their stuffAgentz919 knows their stuffAgentz919 knows their stuffAgentz919 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |RHODIUM CDMA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Nov 13| 21916|28244 * Sense 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdappcgeek View Post
my understanding is:
Flashing to stock is the most thorough as it overwrites to extendend memory and main memory. Task 29 just overwrites extended memory (what the main concern is).

I probably do overkill, but every time I flash I do the following:
flash stock
flash stock again
unlock
task 29
flash NRG
flash NRG

Takes about a hour LMAO (am I paranoid?)
You mean I have to unlock again after flashing back to stock? Yes i think that is super overkill haha!

EDIT: I didnt have to unlock it again. Just task29 after flashed stock. I wish i could figure out how to use sashimi because I do EVERYTHING by hand because it makes me feel better about it. Normally it takes me a good 45 min to get all my cabs installed, shortcuts moved, and screen set up the way I like it.

Last edited by Agentz919; 11-17-2010 at 11:34 AM.
Old 11-17-2010, 11:33 AM
Jim8181

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: |RHODIUM CDMA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Nov 13| 21916|28244 * Sense 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agentz919 View Post
You mean I have to unlock again after flashing back to stock? Yes i think that is super overkill haha!
Flashing to stock does not lock the phone.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-17-2010, 11:39 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic 4G

pdappcgeek knows their stuffpdappcgeek knows their stuffpdappcgeek knows their stuffpdappcgeek knows their stuffpdappcgeek knows their stuffpdappcgeek knows their stuffpdappcgeek knows their stuff

Quote:

EDIT: I didnt have to unlock it again. Just task29 after flashed stock. I wish i could figure out how to use sashimi because I do EVERYTHING by hand because it makes me feel better about it. Normally it takes me a good 45 min to get all my cabs installed, shortcuts moved, and screen set up the way I like it.
Yeah def look into Sashimi. Not only does it install all my cabs, it configures all of my program settings the way I want them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim8181 View Post
If you flash a shipped rom, it DOES relock your phone!!!

There's two different kinds of stock roms: dumped and shipped.

If you use a dumped stock rom ...your carrier will know you've unlocked it even though it's a stock rom and thus void your warranty. Dumped stock roms do not relock your phone.

All stock roms on htc's website are shipped and relock your phone.

Last edited by pdappcgeek; 11-17-2010 at 11:47 AM.
Old 11-17-2010, 11:51 AM
Jim8181

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:

If you use a dumped stock rom ...your carrier will know you've unlocked it even though it's a stock rom and thus void your warranty. Dumped stock roms do not relock your phone.

I stand corrected.
Old 11-17-2010, 12:07 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Mogul, TP, TP2, EVO

GIZELLE is halfway to VIP status based on repGIZELLE is halfway to VIP status based on repGIZELLE is halfway to VIP status based on repGIZELLE is halfway to VIP status based on repGIZELLE is halfway to VIP status based on repGIZELLE is halfway to VIP status based on repGIZELLE is halfway to VIP status based on repGIZELLE is halfway to VIP status based on repGIZELLE is halfway to VIP status based on repGIZELLE is halfway to VIP status based on repGIZELLE is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to GIZELLE Send a message via Yahoo to GIZELLE
Thumbs up Re: |RHODIUM CDMA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Nov 13| 21916|28244 * Sense 20

Quote:

Read at CDMA TP2 first page;

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/cdma-tp2-u...3-19-10-a.html

These are stock roms except for Verizon. PPC Community understands issues pertaining shipped roms after unlocking. This is the reason for this list.

Hope this helps you.

This was posted by Mr X when informed that a shipped rom was downloaded.

Note: It's been brought to my attention that ufjason posted the VZW shipped I have uploaded. Just as a note my source on my upload was Conflipper, Got it from him directly. HOWEVER thanks to ufjason any how for posting for the users as well.
Old 11-17-2010, 12:19 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic 4G

pdappcgeek knows their stuffpdappcgeek knows their stuffpdappcgeek knows their stuffpdappcgeek knows their stuffpdappcgeek knows their stuffpdappcgeek knows their stuffpdappcgeek knows their stuff

I think I had it backwards.... dumped roms relock your phone

ANYWHO... back on topic
Old 11-17-2010, 12:48 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Carrier: Sprint/Boost

Kris443 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKris443 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKris443 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim8181 View Post
+1 - I have seen many times that you have to unlock again if you flash back to stock, but you don't.

If I helped... Please hit the THANKS button!
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 11-17-2010, 12:50 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Carrier: Sprint/Boost

Kris443 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKris443 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKris443 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Yeah def look into Sashimi. Not only does it install all my cabs, it configures all of my program settings the way I want them.

No you don't - I use both and never had to re-unlock.

Just my 2 cents...
Old 11-17-2010, 01:28 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC XV6800 Mogul
Carrier: vzw

mknollman is just getting started

NRG - wondering if you were considering adding the new outlook interface that was released for the HD2 recently to your next version - it looks nice and would give me another reason to flash yet again. This is currently an OTA update for the HD2, but I'll bet it gets ripped for cooking or even cabbing soon enough - looks nice and I spent a lot of time in email on my phone.
Old 11-17-2010, 01:29 PM
VIP Member - Retired
Pocket PC: Moto Flip>Smsng 8500>Razr v3m>Mogul>TP>3 TP2s+ ??
Carrier: Sprint Premier Gold- White Glove Status

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

How it is now:
Currently I have nothing checked for today home.
Only TouchXperience (TX) in windows/startup.
TX does not come up... it comes up to my background, with nothing on the screen.
  • Press the Windows hardkey (start): I get TX
  • Press the Win softkey: I get panel menu
  • Press the Right softkey: I get SPB (WP7) right now
  • Press start & hit iPhone icon (you can either setup the iphone today home screen or program or both... I did both) & it runs the iPhone today menu.
  • Within either TX or SPB it has a Sense button I can put on main menu & guess what... :>)) pulls up sense...
  • Touch haret icon & it boots Android 2.2 (with working wifi router/tethering)
How the heck can it get any better than this?!! I didn't even try to do any of this, just installed it all & wala... I don't even have to edit my startup or ck a box in settings/home!!! lol

...just gotta say it... this thread has become a blast to read... (bumped a bunch of ya'll up cause of it..)
...gone are the days of a 3 paragraph explanation of how & where to run sprint keyboard fix every other page...!!! As if those answers couldn't have simply been a link to a post # that explained it! But no... it was repost with the cab attached!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ooxteme View Post
All you SPB guys out there here is a nice WP7 theme for SPB im running in now and liking it more and more
[THEME] MSkip ProPlus Windows Phone 7 V3.1 Theme for Spb Mobile Shell 3.5.5 - xda-developers
thanks/d oox, you either pm'd me with that or post it a while back..
*edit* I think howhi05 even beat you to the mention & link on a PM to me :>)) *endedit*

...finally tried it in middle of night & worked fine.. showed wifey & it's a hit.... she likes it, guess I may be upgrading her early July ROM...! (with spb & w7 theme)

Gotta figure out a few things like why an add didn't give me the colored background behind it... panels, widgets, units, shortcuts, hubs, etc.. & all the differences... a bunch to figure out yet... but WOW, amazing... didn't think I'd like it at all, that's why I didn't try it the first time... now better 1/2 likes it... i like it.. you know how that goes..

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnyc View Post
No criticism intended but just reporting some ...Voce Command (proper version, thanks for links Teradog) and also TellMe....Running Panel Start menu replacement, I note when Voice command executes to call someone Panel start menu appears. I also noticed that when TellMe is launched, my in call phone screen appears behind the TellMe screen before any command is issued to TellMe.
tellme has always had a crappy semi transparent background.. if it's a darker screen you can see it better... the ONLY thing I use tellme for anymore is voice to text text messaging (and it's poor at best), everything else is incorporated into Bing now.. which works MUCH better.. All my web searches (google) I do with bing via voice... why type?!
re. panel... yea, sometimes I've had it pop up at a strange time also! TE seemed to have an issue with it..

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffkip911 View Post
I can confirm samsung tellme does have a background on it. It is usually the last program I was running. haven't noticed any issue with the function of tellme--just some background graphics
+1

Quote:
*jumps off the 0 PP bandwagon* Titanium + SPB Not really working for me, seems like when I open things then close them I never get the MB back. After texting, internet, and phone calls I am at 54MB free and it never goes back up. Just put PP back up to 18 to see how that works.
That seems way wrong.. flash, bad DL, etc.. shouldn't be that low, but.. I've written about this months ago when first started to get into zero.. back then the RAM was too little & would bottom out, not giving it back, dead. Make sure you're using startmenu replacement.. summary of what i wrote months ago, the OS will keep & use more but give it up when needed... the RAM you see isn't all you get, RAM will appear lower, but as pp of zero is managed by the OS... the OS (Windows obviously) seems to keep & use it more until it's needed by programs, making menus & program calls quick & snappy. (imho)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooxteme View Post
Saw that but IMO it doesnt look much different from 3.5.5 to me. Im not a huge fan of the carousel but thats just me.
Got some real cool looking stuff... I'm usually not a graphics guy, but that carousel is just too easy, smooth, fast, etc.. LOVE IT!! AND, i just bumped into the contacts carousel while messing with W7... wowsers again!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffkip911 View Post
ya'll run spb, im on TX with 102 free 11/13 TOG cht2f no lockups---have no idea why ya'll are having issues, but running great right now
TX, TE... Yes, very cool, I do like it. Multiple screens of widgets/quick links/icons are missing. Yes, easy enough to hit programs & what you want, but different.. My mind is bent with excitement, so many great options now! There are most certainly some small issue one can live with, live backgrounds acting strange, not covering whole screen, etc.. but not show stoppers.
BTW I checked the RAM... AWESOME! 113 MB for me!! Will be messing with it more...

Quote:
Originally Posted by puff601 View Post
hey are any of you guys running android on energyrom? i was using "project android" on sprint 6.5 now i cant get it to work on nov 13th 6.5 dinik/cht 2.0. what are you guys using?
Click on the Android link in my sig below, mods made it a sticky, simple guide.. more direct answer: RENAME YOUR windows/startup directory & reboot. A lot of crap in your startup has an effect on droid running (especially Windows Overclocking, but that's not the only thing..). Also, redump the droid cab on a newly reformatted 1, 2, 4 gig SD & if it works fine, it's your SD card.. which then needs to be backed up & reformatted... "it's in there"... in the simple guide in my sig that is..

Quote:
Ok so I just did the following tests:
-clean install of Nov 12 (28244) titanium (0 pagepool) & SPB mobile shell 3.5.5, compact start menu

Fresh bootup = 104,180 k of free memory
-Opened Opera 10 = now 72,452 k of free memory
-minimized Opera 10 & also opened resco explorer = now 70,267 k of free memory
-minimized Opera 10 & Resco ex. and now opened Tomtom = 57,096k of free memory
- closed tomtom = 70,080 k of free memory
-closed resco explorer = 71,496k of free memory
-closed Opera 10 = 102,716k of free memory

It should be noted I choose the programs exit function and did not force close. ...It appears that memory loss (if existant) is little. You do regain your ram when you close programs. My guess is probably you're losing that little bit due to caching (normal)
"It should be noted I choose the programs exit function and did not force close."
+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by madkoopa View Post
I had already done that. So I unstalled NRGZ28 Verizon, restarted it, and reinstalled it. It still doesnt work. No matter what way I go about it (from inside a message or from the picture itself or through an email even and selecting picture message or MMS) it just sits there like I hadn't selected "Insert Picture" or "Picture Message"
SO now I'm installing both the NRGZ28 Verizon and ArcsoftMMS things and then ill reinstall the carrier provision again....
in the FAQ, under "T" (text messaging) or M (MMS).. ck kiowa's sig.. mine soon but now leads to xda gsm thread :>))

Quote:
I think I had it backwards.... dumped roms relock your phone ANYWHO... back on topic
glad you caught it b4 I did :>)) not even sure a dumped one does, but I know a stock doesn't!

*edit*
UC & Sashimi discussion..
I'd be using UC if Sashimi hadn't come out first! (or at least it was bigger faster..)
Either way, I've got all my stuff on Sashimi & just need to take 1/2 an hour & copy the crap over (mostly cabs) into the proper directories in UC (using post 4 of this thread as a guide. Why change? After a flash you don't have to do anything, NRG has UC auto start & run in background.. wala... done

Also:
wipe, task29, stock, task29, wipe, etc.. gezzzzzz, sounds like a toddler going to the bathroom! :>))
Most of the time you don't need any of that stuff, flash on a new ROM & restore, will work fine.
SOMETIMES: you may have to do some of that... I've only "had" to 2 times in a 100 + flashes. Good to do if flashing a new OS series (21xxx to 28xxx), a new sense, switching ROM series, etc.. even then a wipe, task29, flash, wipe, should be more than enough! (imho)

*edit 3*
madkoopa below... you now have rep, thanks for the info

Last edited by teradog; 11-17-2010 at 02:36 PM.
This post has been thanked 7 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development