PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-2010, 08:43 PM
Elite PPCGeeks Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Fido(Can), Alfa(Leb), Jawal(Ksa)

bteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Aug 13| 21911|23129 * Sense 2018

I remember in the 10/8 , we had to delete the HTC folder on the SD card due to freezes and lags

Do we need to do that on the 13/8 as well?

Plus whenever i go to tools > City ID. It always displays "unable to start, please reset device"

Last edited by bteljuice; 08-14-2010 at 08:45 PM.
Old 08-14-2010, 08:44 PM
Unlimited is um, limited
Pocket PC: Razr MAXX
Carrier: Verizon

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Aug 13| 21911|23129 * Sense 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarAxe View Post
I've never heard of 0 (dynamic) page pool? Can anyone compare it to standard page pool "static" sizes?
This may be going back to my mogul or TP1 days but I remember reading somewhere that setting the page pool to zero makes WM adust it on the fly as needed.

So far, for me, everything is working great that way.

Since there is not a choice in page pool changer for zero, I just enter it manually in the box.

David
This post has been thanked 5 times.
Old 08-14-2010, 08:46 PM
Unlimited is um, limited

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by bteljuice View Post
I remember in the 10/8 , we had to delete the HTC folder on the SD card due to freezes and lags

Do we need to do that on the 13/8 as well?
I haven't had to (actually forgot to) but I will if things slow down. That'd probably be the first thing I do.

David
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 08-14-2010, 08:50 PM
Elite PPCGeeks Member

bteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTN View Post
I haven't had to (actually forgot to) but I will if things slow down. That'd probably be the first thing I do.

David
Thanks bro. How about City Id, getting "Unable to start, restart device"
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-14-2010, 08:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: US Cellular

iowabassplayer is becoming a PPCGeeks regulariowabassplayer is becoming a PPCGeeks regulariowabassplayer is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarAxe View Post
I've never heard of 0 (dynamic) page pool? Can anyone compare it to standard page pool "static" sizes?
When you use the pagepool tool and change the page pool to 0, the page pool becomes "dynamic", in other words, the page pool changes based on the needs of the ROM at any given moment. There isn't a specific amount of RAM set aside for it to use (like 20MB or 16MB, etc).

Some folks swear by a 0 page pool, and i have tried it before, with varied results.

About 2 hours ago, i flashed the 8/13 Cookie 2.5 21911 and set the pagepool to 0. It's using more ram than i like (132.52 out of 199.27 after a fresh reset), but it seems stable and snappy.

i guess if i start to run into low memory errors, esp when using Opera, i'll set it back to 16 and reflash...

Last edited by iowabassplayer; 08-14-2010 at 09:08 PM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 08-14-2010, 08:55 PM
mp1
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

mp1 knows their stuffmp1 knows their stuffmp1 knows their stuffmp1 knows their stuffmp1 knows their stuffmp1 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyblack View Post
Man... Just when I thought NRG's ROM was all good, I started getting the sleep of deaf, COMA! Even when XDA is running. Da mutha***** Goes into a COMA!

Sounds like you need to delete SD/Application Data BEFORE you Re-download and Re-flash. I swear I haven't had one SOD in the past 2 weeks but I always delete that folder and build everything from scratch (no XDA-UC import) when I know we are using a different Sense version.
Old 08-14-2010, 09:05 PM
Unlimited is um, limited

Quote:
Originally Posted by bteljuice View Post
Thanks bro. How about City Id, getting "Unable to start, restart device"
Just read your other post and checked it on mine and its working for me.

Just to make sure you are talking about the city id application in the tools folder, right? I can enter a phone number into it and it tells me almost exactly where its from. For instance, I live in a town called Concord. If I put in my area code and the first three digits of my phone number, it tells me "Concord, TN".

I haven't gotten any phone calls today (LOL) to test the caller ID.

And although I haven't made any calls today I've done a bit of surfing and texting and of course goofing around with it and battery life is INSANELY good. I charged up to 100% before I flashed around noon today and I'm at 89%. Still gonna give it some time though before I give it three thumbs up though. Things are looking good though.

David

Last edited by DaveTN; 08-14-2010 at 09:09 PM.
This post has been thanked 5 times.
Old 08-14-2010, 09:05 PM
Elite PPCGeeks Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowabassplayer View Post
When you use the pagepool tool and change the page pool to 0, the page pool becomes "dynamic", in other words, the page pool changes based on the needs of the ROM at any given moment. There isn't a specific amount of RAM set aside for it to use (like 20MB or 16MB, etc).

Some folks swear by a 0 page pool, and i have tried it before, with varied results.

About 2 hours ago, i flashed the 8/13 Cookie 2.5 21911 and set the pagepool to 0. It's using more ram than i like (131.34 out of 199.27 after a fresh reset), but it seems stable and snappy.

i guess if i start to run into low memory errors, esp when using Opera, i'll set it back to 16 and reflash...
Small question:

Since I OCed my Rhodium, do I really need PP = 0. I mean it is very fast, no need for snappiness. Please correct me If I am wrong, still learning about PP
Old 08-14-2010, 09:09 PM
Elite PPCGeeks Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTN View Post
Just read your other post and checked it on mine and its working for me.

Just to make sure you are talking about the city id application in the tools folder, right? I can enter a phone number into it and it tells me almost exactly where its from. For instance, I live in a town called Concord. If I put in my area code and the first three digits of my phone number, it tells me "Concord, TN".

I haven't gotten any phone calls today (LOL) to test the caller ID.

David
Yes, that is it. When I try to open the application, it gives me that error. But I just received a phone call a min ago and it indicated the area. Seems to work fine, but I wonder why it tells me that everytime I try to open the application.

Oh well, who cares, it seems to be doing its proper job and thats all it matters.

Thanks dave for the quick reply.

OC OC OC OC OC ( I am gonna keep on sending this propaganda till you do it ) lol
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-14-2010, 09:13 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch pro 2/ EPic
Carrier: sprint

bobbyblack knows their stuffbobbyblack knows their stuffbobbyblack knows their stuffbobbyblack knows their stuffbobbyblack knows their stuffbobbyblack knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by mp1 View Post
Sounds like you need to delete SD/Application Data BEFORE you Re-download and Re-flash. I swear I haven't had one SOD in the past 2 weeks but I always delete that folder and build everything from scratch (no XDA-UC import) when I know we are using a different Sense version.
Okayt I'll give it a shot... Thanks

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development