PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2010, 07:02 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc
Carrier: uscellular

f29pc is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: (¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- 'Energy' |May 16| 21903|23569 -.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.

Real noob here, did my first flash with this latest ver. WOW great work it's like a brand new phone that is actually user friendly and a joy to use, THANK YOU !!
Now here is the question, on the stock rom (usc 6.5) I tethered to my netbook via my bluetooth connection, with this rom I can't. When I select "share internet connection" under bluetooth networking, it will show "connecting phone as a modem" and will not connect. I have deleted the connection (in the netbook), and paired the phone with the new rom a few times with no luck. I can connect and file share via bluetooth no problem, and other connections (hands free and audio) work fine. The Wi-Fi router works great.
Any help in setting up a bluetooth tether in this rom would be great.
Thanks Again.
Old 05-21-2010, 07:07 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

mebedaman is a n00b
Re: (¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- 'Energy' |May 16| 21903|23569 -.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.

Sorry, one more question that I never got answered:

In Opera, when I try to go to a mobile version of a website, it redirects me to the regular, full HTML site. Also, if I go to a site like slacker.com, it doesn't recognize the device as a mobile phone. Any setting I can change for this? If I use Internet Explorer, it will go to the correct page.

I thought the version of Opera that was on the stock rom and Mighty's rom was better, but I like the other aspects of Energy's rom, which is why I'd like to stick with it. Any chance I can get the old Opera back?

Also, when I try to add a bookmark to the today screen, it doesn't list the bookmarks I've already set for Opera for some reason. Instead, I have to create another bookmark for the site I want to quicklink.

Thanks for any help!
Old 05-21-2010, 08:25 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2

yaboyease is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to yaboyease

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsarlo View Post
I want pandora. I thought TP2 wasn't compatible. Do you have the inside track or what?
No jus a memory card full of collected cabs. Its attached.
Attached Files
File Type: cab Pandora (TP2).cab (843.6 KB, 161 views) Click for barcode!
Old 05-21-2010, 09:17 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G - TP2

Riptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to Riptide9

Quote:
Originally Posted by mebedaman View Post
Sorry, one more question that I never got answered:

In Opera, when I try to go to a mobile version of a website, it redirects me to the regular, full HTML site. Also, if I go to a site like slacker.com, it doesn't recognize the device as a mobile phone. Any setting I can change for this? If I use Internet Explorer, it will go to the correct page.

I thought the version of Opera that was on the stock rom and Mighty's rom was better, but I like the other aspects of Energy's rom, which is why I'd like to stick with it. Any chance I can get the old Opera back?

Also, when I try to add a bookmark to the today screen, it doesn't list the bookmarks I've already set for Opera for some reason. Instead, I have to create another bookmark for the site I want to quicklink.

Thanks for any help!
You need to go into Opera settings and select mobile mode. Here is the latest SlackerMobile app for you. Slacker Rocks!
Attached Files
File Type: cab SlackerRadio.CAB (928.0 KB, 105 views) Click for barcode!
Hit the Thanks! or your phone will turn into an iPhone and all the other kids will point and laugh at you!

Last edited by Riptide9; 05-21-2010 at 09:31 AM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 05-21-2010, 09:41 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: VZN

tyty1978 is keeping up the good worktyty1978 is keeping up the good worktyty1978 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riptide9 View Post
You need to go into Opera settings and select mobile mode. Here is the latest SlackerMobile app for you. Slacker Rocks!
+1 on slacker rocking.... i like the layout of slacker better than pandora (but i still have pandora loaded... gotta have my options lol)
Old 05-21-2010, 09:44 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G - TP2

Riptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to Riptide9

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyty1978 View Post
+1 on slacker rocking.... i like the layout of slacker better than pandora (but i still have pandora loaded... gotta have my options lol)
I was using pandora... until I tried Slacker Radio. I have never even installed Pandora since.
Old 05-21-2010, 10:02 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

mebedaman is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riptide9 View Post
I tried Settings>Display>Mobile view (check) and this did not work. Are you talking about another setting? Typing espn.com into the browser is the perfect example. This used to take you to the mobile site automatically.

I eventually got Slacker on the device by using IE. Definitely awesome.

Thanks.

Last edited by mebedaman; 05-21-2010 at 10:06 AM.
Old 05-21-2010, 10:09 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: SPRINT HTC TOUCH PRO II
Carrier: Sprint PCS

gabbythe1 knows their stuffgabbythe1 knows their stuffgabbythe1 knows their stuffgabbythe1 knows their stuffgabbythe1 knows their stuffgabbythe1 knows their stuffgabbythe1 knows their stuff
Send a message via Yahoo to gabbythe1

I changed my left soft-key to Contacts and haven`t been able to use it since. Does anyone else have the same problem with their left soft-key not working?
Please report or share any solution you may have found.
Thanks
Old 05-21-2010, 11:13 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

moebravo is a n00b

I'd recomend downloading the new Opera 10 and set that as your browser. It works very well.
Old 05-21-2010, 11:17 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

tkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by f29pc View Post
Real noob here, did my first flash with this latest ver. WOW great work it's like a brand new phone that is actually user friendly and a joy to use, THANK YOU !!
Now here is the question, on the stock rom (usc 6.5) I tethered to my netbook via my bluetooth connection, with this rom I can't. When I select "share internet connection" under bluetooth networking, it will show "connecting phone as a modem" and will not connect. I have deleted the connection (in the netbook), and paired the phone with the new rom a few times with no luck. I can connect and file share via bluetooth no problem, and other connections (hands free and audio) work fine. The Wi-Fi router works great.
Any help in setting up a bluetooth tether in this rom would be great.
Thanks Again.
try turning off your data connection under comm manager then run the internet sharing, while you are connected via BT. See if that helps.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development