PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2010, 03:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Rhodium
Carrier: Sprint

Damionix is keeping up the good workDamionix is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Damionix Send a message via MSN to Damionix Send a message via Yahoo to Damionix
GPS Not Working At All

Quote:
Originally Posted by awenthol View Post
I have not been able to get GPS working...am I the only one? I've been searching the forums but am having no luck. The only locationing I'm getting is through AGPS. I've run the HTC GPS tool for an hour and Google maps until it gave an error...

Anyone have any tips/advice/help/cabs?
I am also having the same issues. I have updated my PRL,Radio, and installed every hack possible, but GPS is just not responding.

I run Quick GPS, HTC GPS Tool, and all that does not help. It just stays Open with no Satellites being picked up. Help us, anyone?

Thanks

"Computer Maintenance Technician, Houston, TX"
Old 04-15-2010, 04:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

likeminas is just getting started
Re: |R|6.5.5|ROM|WWE| ★ Energy Series 23557/21898 |Apr 13| ★ Sense 2.5 / 2.1 / Titani

I'm using the latest ROM 04/14 Home cookie.
and this is my experience so far.

After charging my phone all night and seeing the green light that indicates a full charged i headed out to work.
20 mins later of regular use, I notice the battery indicator dropped from 96 to 76%
That's a about 1% point per minute.

I said Ok, I guess there's a trade-off between good looking graphics and battery drain. So, No biggie there.,
Nonetheless, my biggest problem so far is that
after lunch, I realized I had 3 missed calls.
I was surprised, because I had the phone in my pocket, so I should've felt
at least the vibration.
Nope, No vibration or sound.
I called myself, and confirmed that the phone wouldn't ring or vibrate when receiving a call.

Anyone else having these issues?

I mean I could live with a high-drain ROM, but I need a phone that actually rings when somebody calls me!

Last edited by likeminas; 04-15-2010 at 04:07 PM.
Old 04-15-2010, 04:07 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

mardibob is a n00b
Re: |R|6.5.5|ROM|WWE| ★ Energy Series 23557/21898 |Apr 13| ★ Sense 2.5 / 2.1 / Titani

My quick links disappeared on my home screen. I had it set to 2 rows, but now can only view them when I swipe up to view all of them.
I've also noticed that cookie 1.7 is very, very buggy and sensitive.

Anyone have any solutions?
Old 04-15-2010, 04:44 PM
GTX Team Member
Pocket PC: Epic! (Evo and TP2 on standby)

Scientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

For those who are missing GTX since switching to Cookie 1.7, looks like Dark Ninja has them working together quite nicely!!

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=2504
Old 04-15-2010, 04:46 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Carrier: Verizon

Boushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Boushh Send a message via MSN to Boushh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damionix View Post
I am also having the same issues. I have updated my PRL,Radio, and installed every hack possible, but GPS is just not responding.

I run Quick GPS, HTC GPS Tool, and all that does not help. It just stays Open with no Satellites being picked up. Help us, anyone?

Thanks
Did you run the provisioning? I just checked my GPS and it's working perfect for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by likeminas View Post
I'm using the latest ROM 04/14 Home cookie.
and this is my experience so far.

After charging my phone all night and seeing the green light that indicates a full charged i headed out to work.
20 mins later of regular use, I notice the battery indicator dropped from 96 to 76%
That's a about 1% point per minute.

I said Ok, I guess there's a trade-off between good looking graphics and battery drain. So, No biggie there.,
Nonetheless, my biggest problem so far is that
after lunch, I realized I had 3 missed calls.
I was surprised, because I had the phone in my pocket, so I should've felt
at least the vibration.
Nope, No vibration or sound.
I called myself, and confirmed that the phone wouldn't ring or vibrate when receiving a call.

I mean I could live with a high-drain ROM, but I need a phone that actually rings when somebody calls me!
Have you checked the ringer settings to make sure the volume isn't set to silent or to make sure the incoming phone call is set to vibrate???

Re: The battery, it will get much better after a couple days, it just needs a couple days to reconfigure the battery memory.

LAWL
Old 04-15-2010, 04:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

sandfox24 knows their stuffsandfox24 knows their stuffsandfox24 knows their stuffsandfox24 knows their stuffsandfox24 knows their stuffsandfox24 knows their stuff

Anyone know the name of the lock program cookie uses. I want to add it as a shortcut instead of having it on the top of the screen.

thanks
Old 04-15-2010, 06:14 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G - TP2

Riptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to Riptide9

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocoabro View Post
Care to elaborate on the "several fixes from before" part? Mine MMS is still a bit finicky. Thanks.
On Sprint you dont need to provision or run any arcsoft cabs since NRGZ already did it for you... Just change the following 2 reg settings to enable mms and allow 5mb limit. When you make these changes just export the keys so that on the next flash you just need to import these and you will be all set.

HKLM\SOFTWARE\ArcSoft\ArcSoft MMS UA\Config\mm1\MMSCSetting\SampleMMSC
Change MmscURI key value to "http://mms.sprintpcs.com/servlets/mms" (without "")
Change all 4 WAP key values to "5120000" (without "")

HKLM\SOFTWARE\ArcSoft\ArcSoft MMS UA\Config\mm1\MMSCSetting\SampleMMSC2
Change MmscURI key value to "http://mms.sprintpcs.com/servlets/mms (without "")
Change all 4 WAP key values to "5120000" (without "")
Hit the Thanks! or your phone will turn into an iPhone and all the other kids will point and laugh at you!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-15-2010, 06:19 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Boushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Boushh Send a message via MSN to Boushh

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandfox24 View Post
Anyone know the name of the lock program cookie uses. I want to add it as a shortcut instead of having it on the top of the screen.

thanks

It's manilalock.exe and can be found under the \Windows directory, just make a shortcut to your \Windows\Start Menu\Programs\ and you should be able to set it up as a quicklink or program it as your LSK.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-15-2010, 06:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

sandfox24 knows their stuffsandfox24 knows their stuffsandfox24 knows their stuffsandfox24 knows their stuffsandfox24 knows their stuffsandfox24 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boushh View Post
It's manilalock.exe and can be found under the \Windows directory, just make a shortcut to your \Windows\Start Menu\Programs\ and you should be able to set it up as a quicklink or program it as your LSK.

Thanks, I didn't know the actual name. But have already tried that exe and it doesn't run from total commader or as a quicklink.
Old 04-15-2010, 06:30 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: CDMA TP2
Carrier: telus

jregehr is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by likeminas View Post

I am having issues too. I flashed the April 14th GTX 23544 ROM and now it seems like sometimes the phone will ring but not vibe but nothing appears on the screen. The call doesn't show as a missed call in the log. When I've been doing test calls from my office it seems to work fine. I haven't nailed it down yet but I'm going to be doing something really drastic if I can't find a solution. I can put up with all kinds of things but my business can't have a phone not ringing in properly.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development