PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2010, 07:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 HD
Carrier: Verizon

JukEboX is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to JukEboX Send a message via MSN to JukEboX Send a message via Yahoo to JukEboX Send a message via Skype™ to JukEboX
Re: |R|6.5.5|ROM|WWE| ★ Energy "Leo" 23542/21892 |Mar 7| ★ Sense 2.5.2012 / MaxManil

Quote:
Originally Posted by JukEboX View Post
First of all NRGZ this is the best build so far!!!! Its fast, smooth and almost no problem especially for me who is a power phone user. I do have one problem that has yet to be fixed.

Notice anything wrong? Again the Systray is taking over again. Anything you can do? To move the slider you have put your finger where the menu SHOULD be, not where it is.
Bump! Anyone know whats going on here?
Old 03-11-2010, 07:33 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung epic + Samsung galaxy Tab
Carrier: sprint

ajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuff
Re: |R|6.5.5|ROM|WWE| ★ Energy "Leo" 23542/21892 |Mar 7| ★ Sense 2.5.2012 / MaxManil

Quote:
Originally Posted by smu View Post
You're beta testing it, lol...and so are we all. =D>
well damn we should have separate thread or something to report issues lol
Old 03-11-2010, 07:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

Overproof is keeping up the good workOverproof is keeping up the good work

Ok after having some problems initially I have this ROM running perfectly now, for some reason the provisioning wasn't playing nice with the USC 2.18WV radio I like to use on my phone, after flash I would be in 3G but after provisioning I would get stuck in 1X..I thought it was my programming at first but it took 3 hard resets and flashing back to stock to pinpoint the problem, but it looks like all that flash dancing made it run a whole lot more stable, I was getting the SOD while using opera after the first couple flashes but that has not been an issue anymore.
Old 03-11-2010, 07:39 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G - TP2
Carrier: Sprint

Riptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to Riptide9

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenwill View Post
Ok, I have a battery question, but I'm afraid I'll get PUNCH ROM'd!!! But it's a specific question, so I think I am within the rules.

My own experience with this ROM has been perfectly acceptable battery life. I drive 1 hour to/from work, and charge both ways, so I rarely have any issue. It's definitely not a high-priority concern for me.

However, the one time I have a problem, and I think it would happen on stock too, is when I spend a few hours in one of the below-ground conference rooms at my company, where I have no signal at all. If I forget to turn on airplane mode, my battery bleeds to death in no time.

I'm assuming the phone is constantly polling for a tower, and finding nothing, but killing the battery. Anyone know of a setting or cab that would help with this?

That is exactly what is happening.... here is a link to an article in the NYTimes today called "Tricks to Keep you Devices Battery Going" and they mention that same thing. They also point out that CDMA uses more power than GSM.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/03/11/te...er=rss&emc=rss

BTW - don't worry, getting "Punch Rom'd" doesn't really hurt.... much
Hit the Thanks! or your phone will turn into an iPhone and all the other kids will point and laugh at you!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-11-2010, 07:57 PM
N00b

planetbrian is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to planetbrian

I need some help with syncing my TP2 and WMDC/Sync Center. I have my phone and Dell E6400 paired but, I cannot get it to sync and I have setup Activesync on my phone to sync via Bluetooth and WMDC/Sync Center to sync via Bluetooth. I am running NRGZ 23544 3-9-10 and also Win 7 Ultimate. Any ideas?
Old 03-11-2010, 07:58 PM
aliens50

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmcourir View Post
Am not able to sync completely with Active Sync on Energy.RHODCDMA.23544.Sense2.5_with_Cookie_HomeTab .Mar.09.7z. It does stop in the middle of the way and stay there hours and hours. Think to go back to the March 7th.
Have wipe device about 3 times, retry the sync and does always the same thing.

Any other having this issue ?

Thanks to help !
I'm not having this problem, but...
  1. Active Sync via USB to your computer? or OTA (over the air)?
  2. Do you ever get an error code (perhaps you see an "attention required" message in Active sync on your phone? Post the error code if you get one
  3. Try Active sync via both USB and OTA (if you are connecting to your work email/ exchange server)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AB_ View Post
I'm still on March 5th, and it still wont launch sense. I've rebooted a few times, and still can't get it to work. This never happened to me on any previous NRG rom. (I HAVE hit the Start Menu icon, sense still won't launch.)

I figured I could just upgrade, but then I'll be in the group of people who continuously get the SOD.
Flash dance back to original then back to NRG rom, and do not auto install via UC or sashimi or other first. Your cabs could be the problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSlyWolf View Post
Played around with footprints but my gps seems to be lagging, i'll have to play around with it some more before I realy get a feel for it.
Verizon GPS users:
  1. Windows Menu --> Settings --> AGPS --> Enable AGPS
  2. Windows Menu --> GPS --> QuickGPS --> Check "Download satellites automatically", and/or click "Download" to make sure you have the satellite list downloaded
  3. Test in google maps (Open google maps --> Menu --> Options --> Use GPS; and then see how long it takes to aquire satellites. Should be fairly quick like less than 15 seconds)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JukEboX View Post
Bump! Anyone know whats going on here?
Are you autoinstalling settings / cabs via UC or Sashimi? I am guessing they are your problem. If all else fails, flash dance back to OEM rom, then back to NRGZ
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-11-2010, 07:59 PM
N00b

planetbrian is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to planetbrian

Quote:
Originally Posted by planetbrian View Post
I need some help with syncing my TP2 and WMDC/Sync Center. I have my phone and Dell E6400 paired but, I cannot get it to sync and I have setup Activesync on my phone to sync via Bluetooth and WMDC/Sync Center to sync via Bluetooth. I am running NRGZ 23544 3-9-10 and also Win 7 Ultimate. Any ideas?

Oh yeah...It syncs just fine with usb.

Love the ROM.
Old 03-11-2010, 08:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: sprint

roofus3000 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by NRGZ28 View Post
You're really having some fun with this.. arent ya.... LOL!

Aaaaanyway....

I've been reading reports of the "sleep of death". It's due to the Verizon driver set I've switched to for the last couple of ROM releases. Now, I switched back to the USC driverset and I havent had any "sleep of death" issues. Sooo.... are you guys up to a refresh of ALL the TP2 CDMA ROMs with this USC driverset ? I guess you only have to reflash if you have this problem, although I woudl recommend doing so, because having your phone die on you in your pocket and you not even knowing about it, really sucks...
While the USC driverset is a tiny bit older, it's obviously better for this ROM. I dont see any speed differences either...

So.. opinions ?
So does this mean that we have to redownload this rom with the updated driverset and if so is it up yet?
Old 03-11-2010, 08:44 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt

TheSlyWolf is just getting started

Ah...remembered APGS but totally forgot about quickGPS, trying out now, thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliens50 View Post
I'm not having this problem, but...
  1. Active Sync via USB to your computer? or OTA (over the air)?
  2. Do you ever get an error code (perhaps you see an "attention required" message in Active sync on your phone? Post the error code if you get one
  3. Try Active sync via both USB and OTA (if you are connecting to your work email/ exchange server)

Flash dance back to original then back to NRG rom, and do not auto install via UC or sashimi or other first. Your cabs could be the problem.

Verizon GPS users:
  1. Windows Menu --> Settings --> AGPS --> Enable AGPS
  2. Windows Menu --> GPS --> QuickGPS --> Check "Download satellites automatically", and/or click "Download" to make sure you have the satellite list downloaded
  3. Test in google maps (Open google maps --> Menu --> Options --> Use GPS; and then see how long it takes to aquire satellites. Should be fairly quick like less than 15 seconds)
Are you autoinstalling settings / cabs via UC or Sashimi? I am guessing they are your problem. If all else fails, flash dance back to OEM rom, then back to NRGZ
Old 03-11-2010, 08:55 PM
ACSyndicate.net
Pocket PC: Epic

flyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Skype™ to flyers2114

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajac View Post
what cab is for bubble SMS that this rom used to use I liked it and would like it back!
If you like those here are some others....

http://www.reinout.info/xda/

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development