PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2010, 09:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

wherestheanykey is keeping up the good workwherestheanykey is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |R|6.5.5|ROM|WWE| ★ Energy "Leo" 23542/21892 |Mar 7| ★ Sense 2.5.2012 / MaxManil

Quote:
Originally Posted by yardizidifer View Post
If your data is working, then you are good to go. I posted that link to the cab for some folks that were having problems with running tools/carrier provisioning program. All the cab does is apply Sprint specific data profiles to your system. A lot of people including myself didn't have a problem running provisioning from the tools menu.
So when you all reference "running Provisioning"" on the phone, can you please verify what that means? You also reference "from the tools menu" however when I look in the "tools" folder in the start menu I don't see anything there. Are you talking about the "Update PRL" from the system settings, and doesn't it just reset your connection with Sprint data? And if you have the use of the phone, data, text and web, is there any need to perform the operation. My MMS however doesn't work but I don't think running provisioning will fix that.

Thanks,
Baseband: 2.15.00.11.19
Kernel: 2.6.32.17-gee557fd-htc-kernel@and18-2 #15
Old 03-08-2010, 09:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

websurf is just getting started
Re: |R|6.5.5|ROM|WWE| ★ Energy "Leo" 23542/21892 |Mar 7| ★ Sense 2.5.2012 / MaxManil

LOST INTERNET ACCESS:
Guys, After I flash March 7 Maxmanila I lost the data service. I'm unable to connect to the internet. I then reflashed the Feb 26 which used to work without any issue but now there is still no Internet after the reflash. I went to the Comm Manager to turn on the data connection and it tried but after a 5 to 10 sec it return error " Can not connect Dial #777 Your user name or password is wrong bla bla" I never have to setup anything. just turn on and it work but no more. My Wifi is working though. Can someone please give me an advice or tweak to get my internet back? or is it dead forever? PLEASEEEEEEEEEEE with out internet its only serve me 50% of my needs.
Old 03-08-2010, 10:02 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

Boushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Boushh Send a message via MSN to Boushh

Quote:
Originally Posted by websurf View Post
LOST INTERNET ACCESS:
Guys, After I flash March 7 Maxmanila I lost the data service. I'm unable to connect to the internet. I then reflashed the Feb 26 which used to work without any issue but now there is still no Internet after the reflash. I went to the Comm Manager to turn on the data connection and it tried but after a 5 to 10 sec it return error " Can not connect Dial #777 Your user name or password is wrong bla bla" I never have to setup anything. just turn on and it work but no more. My Wifi is working though. Can someone please give me an advice or tweak to get my internet back? or is it dead forever? PLEASEEEEEEEEEEE with out internet its only serve me 50% of my needs.
Sounds like your phone didn't program itself properly. Dial *228 and select option 1. That should sort you out.

LAWL
Old 03-08-2010, 10:06 PM
ACSyndicate.net
Pocket PC: Epic

flyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Skype™ to flyers2114

Quote:
Originally Posted by NRGZ28 View Post
!

3 is the "sleep of death" and I noticed it a couple times on the march 5th ROM but it hasnt happened at all on the March 7th ROM. I'm sure this is due to my switching to the verizon driverset for the ROM. If it continues to be a problem I'll be switching back to the USCellular driverset...

I am with ya on this NRGZ....the only time I had it happen to me was with the Verizon driverset....I think MM was running those drivers also when there were quite a few reports of SOD in his thread...
Old 03-08-2010, 10:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

I just did reprogram the phone and it said "Your phone has been programed successfully" STILL NO INTERNET. What can I do? anyone please help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boushh View Post
Sounds like your phone didn't program itself properly. Dial *228 and select option 1. That should sort you out.
Quote:
LOST INTERNET ACCESS:
Old 03-08-2010, 10:23 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

Boushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Boushh Send a message via MSN to Boushh

Quote:
I just did reprogram the phone and it said "Your phone has been programed successfully" STILL NO INTERNET. What can I do? anyone please help.
Can you place phone calls normally?
Old 03-08-2010, 10:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

conkid is keeping up the good workconkid is keeping up the good workconkid is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by larry6667 View Post
I can not seem to log on to skype or some other programs that use internet. Meh. But I get a error that comm manager can not turn on Bluetooth...March 7 max 542...just throwing it out there
if you used the B/T cab for the battery drain may be your problem... found out you gotta enable B/T before install -- shot in the dark if you used that
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-08-2010, 10:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Yes, phone call is working normally without any issue. just the internet connection is gone and i don't know what to do to get it back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boushh View Post
Can you place phone calls normally?
Quote:
Old 03-08-2010, 10:36 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt

TheSlyWolf is just getting started

Quote:
you probably lost your a-key during a reflash, I had to call verizon to have them setup a new one. According to them its a deal that has to be done within a certain window of them assigning you a new a-key. Last time i called while on the energy rom and they said nothing to me but I played dumb.

I've been having luck lately while flashing by putting the cell in airplane mode before the flash, going back to stock 6.5, check to make sure I'm still in airplane mode then reflash the new rom. Afterwards dialed the 228 number and selected option 1(repeated this programming option 3 times, dunno if it was unnecessary) but that all seemed to work fine for me and keep my data active as well as calls and no hassle with calling into verizon.

Quick ?, it seems I'm reading a lot of problems with the sprint carriers on the mar 7 version, how is it for all the verizon users out there? looking to update but a lil weary on what i've been reading
Old 03-08-2010, 10:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC EVO 4G

wherestheanykey is keeping up the good workwherestheanykey is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by clueless25 View Post
Walter, you can hook your phone to your computer, on your phones file sys, go to windows\startup and change around as you like them. Even create a folder for those you grab the most makes it easier to hit your 1 folder with everything in it if thats how you wish to use it
clueless25, I would love to use this option, but could you please explain how you browse the the startup folder since WMDC doesn't allow you to see the windows folder? And if I connect it via the "disk drive" I can't see anything but the SD card.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development