PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2010, 03:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

redlegend is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to redlegend Send a message via MSN to redlegend
Re: |R|6.5.5|ROM|WWE| ★ Energy "Leo" 23541/21892 |Feb 26| ★ Sense 2.5.2012 / MaxMani

As much as I love NRGZ ROMs, the bubble windows native SMS was driving me nuts. Here's a link to someone who helped get it back to the original.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...1&postcount=12
Old 03-03-2010, 03:33 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

Boushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Boushh Send a message via MSN to Boushh
Re: |R|6.5.5|ROM|WWE| ★ Energy "Leo" 23541/21892 |Feb 26| ★ Sense 2.5.2012 / MaxMani

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead_Cow View Post
I have to load a certificate which, when I sync to my corporate mail server enforces security on the device. Do you have to do that too? This problem ONLY has occurred to me with the NRG rom. Unfortunately, it's my favorite ROM to date.

I would put money on it being the security certificate you have to install. Due to that being my guess I would also recommend you post a question about this in the TP2 forums or maybe the General WM forums so you get more views. I haven't heard anyone having this problem on this ROM before. Best of luck to you.

LAWL
Old 03-03-2010, 03:53 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

Dead_Cow is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boushh View Post
I would put money on it being the security certificate you have to install. Due to that being my guess I would also recommend you post a question about this in the TP2 forums or maybe the General WM forums so you get more views. I haven't heard anyone having this problem on this ROM before. Best of luck to you.
If it was a certificate/security issue, and not an NRG issue, it would occur no matter what ROM I flashed. It does not. Certainly, TP2 and General WM forum frequenters will point me right back to the ROM when I state that.
Old 03-03-2010, 05:09 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Carrier: Sprint Advantage Club

neudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on rep

The company I work for has the same thing. The security policy requires that you set a 4 digit pin to unlock your phone. This is so someone does not pick up your phone and see confidential information. This is a server rule, it is checking your device for compliance before syncing.

I would be interested to see what ROM's you have used that the security policy was not applied and you could still sync your email. Maybe it will work for mine too!!
Old 03-03-2010, 05:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch PRO 2
Carrier: Sprint

sha04 is a n00b

is anyone elses ear speaker crackling. it just started in the past rom but I might have some how blown my ear speaker.
Old 03-03-2010, 05:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2, Samsung Moment & HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint

Ragster is keeping up the good workRagster is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to Ragster Send a message via MSN to Ragster

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocoabro View Post
Did you check your backlight settings? Did you try uninstalling SmartLock to see if the problem persists?
Uninstalled and the problem vanished.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenwill View Post
I've always had trouble getting SmartLock to work correctly. It seems buggy to me. Sometimes it would just stop locking, but I wouldn't know, and would get random keypresses. I've always end up back on S2U2, which seems more solid, even if it doesn't have as much of a stock feel.
http://s2u2.ac-s2.com/

cmylxgo has even created an energyrom theme for S2U2:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...&postcount=972
I don't really like S2U2 lol :P I just used Smartlock because it was already integrated with WinMo's lock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riptide9 View Post
When you install smartlock you need to change the default settings for it to act right. Check the folowing settings in smartlock

*WM6.5 new lock "checked" (not checked by default)
*Stand-by trigger lock screen "checked" (this is so you can lock the screen by hitting the power button on top, if backlight is checked (default) your phone will keep locking when your screen so much as dims and get anoying)
*In call lock "checked" (so your face doesnt start evything on the phone while you are talking)
*Outcall connected lock "checked"
*Keep enable when charging "checked" (I do this so the screen is locked at night and when the alarm goes off in the morning you get the nice slide to stop or snooze screen which you won't get if the lock isn't on) PS check to make sure you have checked the box in alarms (setting>Clocks & Alarms>Alarms)to sound alarm even when device is set to silent... so you can set the phone to silent so email alerts and other stuff wont keep waking you up but the alarm will.
*Lock screen and then stand-by "checked"
*enable lock sound "checked" (so you know it locked)
*disable hardkeyboard when using telephone "checked"
*Delay time "120 seconds" (I do this so that you can watch youtube or anything else with out it keep locking in the middle of things)

If I didn't mention it then I have it unchecked.... I hope this helps
You answered my question, I set delay time to 5 seconds haha
I thought it meant that the screen would turn off in 5 seconds if the lock was on, not lock itself in 5 seconds Thanks!

With that being said, is it possible to do that with the default winmo lock?

Also on another note, fixed my camera problem, seems like my SD Card is broken because when I save to main memory it works fine, I think it broke when my SD Card erased everything itself..
Old 03-03-2010, 06:28 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch
Carrier: cingular

aznajoe is a n00b

Hello was wondering if anyone had problems with the home screen loading (htc sense) on the htc touch pro 2 using energy rom. Mines seems to not want to load up a bunch of times. Thanks in advance
Old 03-03-2010, 06:35 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: VZW TP2

TreoTouchPro is a n00b

Im still running NRGz 2.1 sense rom and but im thinking of flashing to this one but i dont want the incredible lag with sms that the previous builds had.

So how is the sms/mms on this build and can you still utilize pocket outlook for sms?

thanks
Old 03-03-2010, 06:59 PM
Switching to Android
Pocket PC: SameSung S3, (retired)HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Big Red.. Unless they piss me off!

clueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuff

I have a feeling your issue may stem from the provisioning cab. Try setting it up manually & see if you still have this issue..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead_Cow View Post
I'm not sure where to post a serious problem I'm having with this ROM. Anyhow, here goes.

I have a Verizon TP2

I'm using (or rather TRYING to use) Energy.RHOD500.23541.Sense2.5_with_MaxManila.Feb.2 6.7z

Here's my symptom:

When Data and Activesync are enabled on the phone, I can no longer dial out. I get "The Network is Busy, Please Try Again Later".

If I do not enable activesync, I can use the data and place calls fine. Once I've enabled activesync, I cannot use the phone for outbound calls until I reflash the phone. No amount of turning off the data connection and rebooting, hard resetting, etc will allow me to make calls. I should say, that for a SHORT (like MAYBE 10 minutes) after I enable activesync, I can dial out and sync the phone.

I can receive calls fine. It's like the dialer cannot properly interrupt the data connection to make the call.

Maybe unrelated, but going to wireless controls > 3G >and trying to select a band results in the error "You have an ongoing voice call and the band cannot be changed now. Please try again later". I should note that in the "Network type" there is NOTHING selected (not even auto). I can force WCDMA and then back to auto by going into airplane mode. It does not resolve my dial-out problem.

So far, to try and resolve this, I've:
  • Reflashed and reprovisioned.
  • Hard reset and reprovisioned.
  • Reinstalled the base ROM, reprovisioned, reinstalled Energy.RHOD500.23541.Sense2.5_with_MaxManila.Feb.2 6.7z and reprovisioned
  • Reflashed, reprovisioned and tried the MRX_Verizon cab
  • Asked the phone what it's problem is
  • Cursed at the phone.
As you can see, I'm nearing wit's end.

If there's any input anyone can give me, I'd really appreciate it. I'd love to be able to call people AND use this ROM. I feel like I should create a new thread for this, but I don't know where would be best without it being ignored.

If Someone has helped you, don't forget to thank them.
Old 03-03-2010, 07:00 PM
Switching to Android
Pocket PC: SameSung S3, (retired)HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Big Red.. Unless they piss me off!

clueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuff

I have found this minor issue with last couple of roms.. Hit your start menu & then close it.. It seems to be a simple hang although rather annoying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aznajoe View Post
Hello was wondering if anyone had problems with the home screen loading (htc sense) on the htc touch pro 2 using energy rom. Mines seems to not want to load up a bunch of times. Thanks in advance

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development