PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2010, 02:44 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Tilt
Carrier: At&T

wooties is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |R|6.5.5|ROM|WWE| ★ Energy "Leo" 23529/21891 |Feb 7| ★ Sense 2.5.2011 / MaxManil

Quote:
Originally Posted by wooties View Post
Hey all. -long time lurker here-

I loved the Feb 4th ROM it was very stable, and I'm always stoked for the new builds. I'm running the 7th 23529 MM. It seems the GSM Cellular connection option is missing from the modem selection on this build.

I use my Verizon phone on AT&T's network (changed jobs and didn't want to change phones at the time).

Connections > make a new connection > Select a Modem > There is no Cellular line (GSM) option. ..so I'm hosed in creating a data connection for wap.cingluar.

I'm sure this isn't isolated, unless I'm surrounded in brain fog today (wouldn't be the first time). I'm downloading the 21891 build now to see if it has the same issue.
NIX this. I'm a noob and didn't doublecheck my Phone settings. Looks like I slected CDMA only instead of GSM only in the Network settings.

The Brain fog wins.
Old 02-09-2010, 02:53 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO!!!!
Carrier: Sprint

Mazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuff
Re: |R|6.5.5|ROM|WWE| ★ Energy "Leo" 23529/21891 |Feb 7| ★ Sense 2.5.2011 / MaxManil

Quote:
Originally Posted by wooties View Post
NIX this. I'm a noob and didn't doublecheck my Phone settings. Looks like I slected CDMA only instead of GSM only in the Network settings.

The Brain fog wins.
Maybe its just me but I didnt know you could use a CDMA phone on a GSM network. Good to know.
Old 02-09-2010, 03:04 PM
GTX Team Member
Pocket PC: Epic! (Evo and TP2 on standby)

Scientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazzakre View Post
Maybe its just me but I didnt know you could use a CDMA phone on a GSM network. Good to know.
You can use your TP2 on GSM networks in other countries, just pop in the SIM card...here in the US, you can use whatever GSM network you want, as long as you unlock your SIM and radio...I've tested T-Mobile and AT&T..both work flawless!
Old 02-09-2010, 03:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

imacyou is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by joecooper84 View Post
I checked it out and set File Explorer to show All Files, but there is nothing at all in my Temp Folder on \My Device\Temp...
wierd! Actually no need to have it set to all files. correction, just check for folder fbimagecache under my device/temp. this worked for me to sync fb contacts

I've noticed it probably affects only those who you the windows fb app. I've now switched over to m.facebook and it doesn't seem to re-appear.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ScreenShot1.jpg (9.1 KB, 54 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg ScreenShot2.jpg (4.8 KB, 51 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by imacyou; 02-09-2010 at 03:21 PM. Reason: ....
Old 02-09-2010, 03:13 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: SPRINT HTC TOUCH PRO II
Carrier: Sprint PCS

gabbythe1 knows their stuffgabbythe1 knows their stuffgabbythe1 knows their stuffgabbythe1 knows their stuffgabbythe1 knows their stuffgabbythe1 knows their stuffgabbythe1 knows their stuff
Send a message via Yahoo to gabbythe1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hover-Shuttle View Post
You have to set the max zoom level in Opera options, I was havin' the same problem... screen tap & zoom bar wouldn't work, but both work now.

Sorry if someone has answered? I haven't caught up yet!

Raymond
Thank you dude. However, I am still having issue with Zoom Bar.
Old 02-09-2010, 03:13 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

piedra92 knows their stuffpiedra92 knows their stuffpiedra92 knows their stuffpiedra92 knows their stuffpiedra92 knows their stuffpiedra92 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scientific View Post
You can use your TP2 on GSM networks in other countries, just pop in the SIM card...here in the US, you can use whatever GSM network you want, as long as you unlock your SIM and radio...I've tested T-Mobile and AT&T..both work flawless!
Were you able to get data on both and what speeds? I have been considering getting a GSM SIM to play with so the answer will really help. TIA.

If I posted something thats helps don't forget to hit Thanks!
Old 02-09-2010, 03:18 PM
GTX Team Member

Scientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by piedra92 View Post
Were you able to get data on both and what speeds? I have been considering getting a GSM SIM to play with so the answer will really help. TIA.
Got data on both, but not 3G speeds...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-09-2010, 04:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

cantcme68 is a n00b
Question Re: |R|6.5.5|ROM|WWE| ★ Energy "Leo" 23529/21891 |Feb 7| ★ Sense 2.5.2011 / MaxManil

Does anyone else feel like they are cool with the rom they have but when a new rom comes out you need to upgrade because its new?....

On a side note I would like to know what everyone is using to get music dl's on you phone. The current "go to music store" takes you to amazon mp3 site. Is there a program like Imusic on the android that will allow you to dl music free? or a site that is more user friendly to a phone screen?
Old 02-09-2010, 04:32 PM
GTX Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cantcme68 View Post
Does anyone else feel like they are cool with the rom they have but when a new rom comes out you need to upgrade because its new?....

On a side note I would like to know what everyone is using to get music dl's on you phone. The current "go to music store" takes you to amazon mp3 site. Is there a program like Imusic on the android that will allow you to dl music free? or a site that is more user friendly to a phone screen?
Use nanogroove to stream music...whatever song you want, they got it!
Old 02-09-2010, 04:33 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO!!!!

Mazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scientific View Post
Use nanogroove to stream music...whatever song you want, they got it!
+1 on Nanogroove. Awesome and compatible with grooveshark.
Also, pandora is good if you want continuous music without having to pick songs.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development