PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2010, 01:43 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint

Nickodemus is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |R|6.5.5|ROM|WWE| ★ Energy "Leo" 23519/21891 |Feb 4| ★ Sense 2.5.2011 ★

just loaded up the feb 4th rom. so far I miss the start menu that I used a task manager on the feb 1 version
Old 02-06-2010, 01:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Motorola Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

TheShade001 knows their stuffTheShade001 knows their stuffTheShade001 knows their stuffTheShade001 knows their stuffTheShade001 knows their stuffTheShade001 knows their stuffTheShade001 knows their stuff
[Verizon] how to send multimedia through MMS

Yes, another post about how to fix the mms issue. The only reason i wanted to post this is because none of the other posts fixed the issue of not being able to send pics through MMS for me.

I have a Verizon TP2 and it was much simpler to fix than any of the posts i have seen. Hopefully this will help anyone with this issue. Unfortunately, it is unlikely that this will help Sprint users.

All i had to do was:
  • Flash the Feb 4th build.
  • Go to the Messages tab and select All Messages
  • Select Menu/Settings/Options
  • Select Menu/MMS Server
  • Leave SampleMMSC as the default and select it.
  • I left the port number at 8080
  • server address: http://mms.vtext.com/servlets/mms?X-VZW-MDN=1xxxxxxxxxx (x’s should be your 10 digit phone number)
  • Connect via: Change to "My ISP"
  • Message size limit: Change to "1024kb"
  • WAP version: Change to "None."
  • Soft reset
I did not need to install any fixes or any cabs. All i had to do was make these minor changes in the setting and now i can send receive pics and multimedia with mms.

Hope this takes some of the headaches out of trying to get this going for some of you.

This ROM rocks!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-06-2010, 01:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

TheShade001 knows their stuffTheShade001 knows their stuffTheShade001 knows their stuffTheShade001 knows their stuffTheShade001 knows their stuffTheShade001 knows their stuffTheShade001 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickodemus View Post
just loaded up the feb 4th rom. so far I miss the start menu that I used a task manager on the feb 1 version
I am not sure if you are talking about the window key (hardware key) opening Quick Menu, but i love that too (if that is what you are referring to).

It was easy to get back with the cab i attached. This cab allows you to remap any key you want (including all of your keyboard keys). You can remap the windows key to launch Quick Menu like in the Feb 1st version. That's what i did. Love it.

Hope this helps.
Attached Files
File Type: zip RhodiumKbdControl_CDMA_1.4.zip (153.3 KB, 104 views) Click for barcode!
Old 02-06-2010, 01:56 PM
Switching to Android
Pocket PC: SameSung S3, (retired)HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Big Red.. Unless they piss me off!

clueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuff
Re: [Verizon] how to send multimedia through MMS

I seem to remember yesterday being B** at for posting that.. now your going to copy as your own?? WTF... looking for some thanks i guess.. geezz. and i thought you were kinna hip!

Posted http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...postcount=9074 there are additional setting for verizon users

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShade001 View Post
Yes, another post about how to fix the mms issue. The only reason i wanted to post this is because none of the other posts fixed the issue of not being able to send pics through MMS for me.

I have a Verizon TP2 and it was much simpler to fix than any of the posts i have seen. Hopefully this will help anyone with this issue. Unfortunately, it is unlikely that this will help Sprint users.

All i had to do was:
  • Flash the Feb 4th build.
  • Go to the Messages tab and select All Messages
  • Select Menu/Settings/Options
  • Select Menu/MMS Server
  • Leave SampleMMSC as the default and select it.
  • I left the port number at 8080
  • server address: http://mms.vtext.com/servlets/mms?X-VZW-MDN=1xxxxxxxxxx (x’s should be your 10 digit phone number)
  • Connect via: Change to "My ISP"
  • Message size limit: Change to "1024kb"
  • WAP version: Change to "None."
  • Soft reset
I did not need to install any fixes or any cabs. All i had to do was make these minor changes in the setting and now i can send receive pics and multimedia with mms.

Hope this takes some of the headaches out of trying to get this going for some of you.

This ROM rocks!

If Someone has helped you, don't forget to thank them.

Last edited by clueless25; 02-06-2010 at 02:00 PM.
Old 02-06-2010, 01:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by clueless25 View Post
I seem to remember yesterday being B** at for posting that.. now your going to copy as your own?? WTF... looking for some thanks i guess.. geezz. and i thought you were kinna hip!
uh, what? Like i said, the others did not work for me. Installing the supposed fix cabs kept screwing things up.

Am i taking the credit for someone else? Do you need a hug?

Is it possible that i missed a post in a 1,000 post thread? Relax or go away.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-06-2010, 02:00 PM
DV8
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2

DV8 is keeping up the good workDV8 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by kashabrown View Post
"Install the MMS Fix (Valkyrie) (attached) and let the phone reset

After phone comes back up, go to the messaging tab and click on "all messages"

Click on "Menu"

Click on "Settings"

Click on "Options"

Click on "Menu" again

Click on "MMS Server"

Click on "VZW"

Set the following:

Server Address: http://mms.vtext.com/servlets/mms?X-VZW-MDN=(10 digit phone number)

Connect Via: My ISP

Send Limit: 1024 KB

WAP Version: None

Then make sure that VZW is set as the default (it should be already from installing the MMS fix)

I used those steps and can send and receive all messages through HTC messaging."

I can confirm that this works on my phone with Verizon - perfectly.
Mine works also but I can't receive any videos they just show up as slideshows with audio. My wife has the EnV Touch and if she sends me a video taken with her phone all I get is a slideshow of the same picture and the audio, but with using arcsoft I get the video. Anyone else having this problem?
Old 02-06-2010, 02:00 PM
GTX Team Member
Pocket PC: Epic! (Evo and TP2 on standby)
Carrier: Sprint

Scientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by clueless25 View Post
Another useless post...where is the roll eyes smilies when you need it?

LOL
Old 02-06-2010, 02:01 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: GALAXY NEXUS

shaolinsoldier79 knows their stuffshaolinsoldier79 knows their stuffshaolinsoldier79 knows their stuffshaolinsoldier79 knows their stuffshaolinsoldier79 knows their stuffshaolinsoldier79 knows their stuffshaolinsoldier79 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickodemus View Post
when you open quick menu options, you can have it "register win key of devise" and that will map to windows button, I have it set like that and have the little arrow hidden..

NRGZ, downloading 2/6 now! you're a BEAST! THANKS!

is there a change log floating around?
Old 02-06-2010, 02:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro1/Touch Pro2/Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

el1nc0mparabl3 is keeping up the good workel1nc0mparabl3 is keeping up the good work

NEW ROM 23529 UP downloading now!!
Old 02-06-2010, 02:03 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Mesmerize
Carrier: USCC

murducky is halfway to VIP status based on repmurducky is halfway to VIP status based on repmurducky is halfway to VIP status based on repmurducky is halfway to VIP status based on repmurducky is halfway to VIP status based on repmurducky is halfway to VIP status based on repmurducky is halfway to VIP status based on repmurducky is halfway to VIP status based on repmurducky is halfway to VIP status based on repmurducky is halfway to VIP status based on rep

new ROM is up
Energy.RHOD500.23529.Leo_06.Feb.2010.rar

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development