View Single Post
Old 02-06-2010, 01:56 PM
clueless25
Switching to Android

clueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [Verizon] how to send multimedia through MMS

I seem to remember yesterday being B** at for posting that.. now your going to copy as your own?? WTF... looking for some thanks i guess.. geezz. and i thought you were kinna hip!

Posted http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...postcount=9074 there are additional setting for verizon users

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShade001 View Post
Yes, another post about how to fix the mms issue. The only reason i wanted to post this is because none of the other posts fixed the issue of not being able to send pics through MMS for me.

I have a Verizon TP2 and it was much simpler to fix than any of the posts i have seen. Hopefully this will help anyone with this issue. Unfortunately, it is unlikely that this will help Sprint users.

All i had to do was:
  • Flash the Feb 4th build.
  • Go to the Messages tab and select All Messages
  • Select Menu/Settings/Options
  • Select Menu/MMS Server
  • Leave SampleMMSC as the default and select it.
  • I left the port number at 8080
  • server address: http://mms.vtext.com/servlets/mms?X-VZW-MDN=1xxxxxxxxxx (x’s should be your 10 digit phone number)
  • Connect via: Change to "My ISP"
  • Message size limit: Change to "1024kb"
  • WAP version: Change to "None."
  • Soft reset
I did not need to install any fixes or any cabs. All i had to do was make these minor changes in the setting and now i can send receive pics and multimedia with mms.

Hope this takes some of the headaches out of trying to get this going for some of you.

This ROM rocks!

If Someone has helped you, don't forget to thank them.

Last edited by clueless25; 02-06-2010 at 02:00 PM.