PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2009, 11:43 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

mjodotcom is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |CR|6.5.1|ROM|WWE| ★ EnergyROM "Leo" (23081/21864) ★ |Oct 25| ★ Latest Manila 2.5

First off, love the flashyness of the rom. I have noticed that it is a bit sluggish, is this just due to the fact that it is make for a 1ghz snapdragon phone? Are there some 3D drivers people recommend getting to improve performance?

Also, with regards to the my location weather, does that constant polling of the GPS wear down the battery?

Finally, I saw there are keyboard fix cabs out there for Verizon phones. I am currently on sprint, is there anything that needs to be done for that carrier to get things up and running (besides the often talked about MMS deal =P)

Thanks!
Old 11-01-2009, 11:51 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: tp2
Carrier: sprint

egolabbakhsh is a n00b
Re: |CR|6.5.1|ROM|WWE| ★ EnergyROM "Leo" (23081/21864) ★ |Oct 25| ★ Latest Manila 2.5

ace I am trying to talk about stuff that you might fix and make this thing even better:

1-There is no options to hide the virtual keyboard in a lot of the interfaces on the phone, what I mean is after the keyboard pops up there is no way to put it back down again, and sometimes the keys to get out of that specific screen is to click on an icon under the keyboard, (changing a parameter in regedit when the save button is hidden behind the keyboard)

2-some of the options in the phone tab has gone and not accessible anymore, changing some of the very basic options for the dial pad or vibration on the call connections,

3-The clock going 62 minutes back every time you go to the start menu (I know its a part of 6.5 but the can to fix it in 6.5 does not work for 6.5.1)

4-MMS that of course you know it.

5- I don't if its possible or not but with your good job of bringing all the needed buttons down in the reach of the thumb if you can also bring the lock slider down too that would be awesome.

6-The option for flashing the led after receiving a new text is set only for 5 and it would be nice to have more options.

7-Every time I click on the start button I have a vibration there too also when I close the same start window.

8- I don't know if everybody has this problem or its just me, all the icons in my task bar are just white and no spice, except the wireless coverage.

I thinks that's bout what I can find
thanks for all you've done,
have a good time
Old 11-01-2009, 11:53 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

Boushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Boushh Send a message via MSN to Boushh

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjodotcom View Post
Finally, I saw there are keyboard fix cabs out there for Verizon phones. I am currently on sprint, is there anything that needs to be done for that carrier to get things up and running (besides the often talked about MMS deal =P)

Thanks!
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...6&postcount=18 this post has a keyboard fix for Sprint as well as some Sprint specific applications.... oh, and the FAQ.... enjoy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by egolabbakhsh View Post
ace I am trying to talk about stuff that you might fix and make this thing even better:

1-There is no options to hide the virtual keyboard in a lot of the interfaces on the phone, what I mean is after the keyboard pops up there is no way to put it back down again, and sometimes the keys to get out of that specific screen is to click on an icon under the keyboard, (changing a parameter in regedit when the save button is hidden behind the keyboard)

2-some of the options in the phone tab has gone and not accessible anymore, changing some of the very basic options for the dial pad or vibration on the call connections,

3-The clock going 62 minutes back every time you go to the start menu (I know its a part of 6.5 but the can to fix it in 6.5 does not work for 6.5.1)

4-MMS that of course you know it.

5- I don't if its possible or not but with your good job of bringing all the needed buttons down in the reach of the thumb if you can also bring the lock slider down too that would be awesome.

6-The option for flashing the led after receiving a new text is set only for 5 and it would be nice to have more options.

7-Every time I click on the start button I have a vibration there too also when I close the same start window.

8- I don't know if everybody has this problem or its just me, all the icons in my task bar are just white and no spice, except the wireless coverage.

I thinks that's bout what I can find
thanks for all you've done,
have a good time
It sounds like the majority of your problems stem from the fact that you're running a very early beta of Windows Mobile 6.5.1, you might want to try the more stable 6.5 ROM instead, the only real problem I've run into is the MMS problem...

Last edited by Boushh; 11-01-2009 at 11:57 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-01-2009, 11:53 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touchpro 2
Carrier: verizon

jdifiore1 is a n00b

im sorry if i missed it but i still havent seen a response to the "animated wallpaper" problem...
does it just not work at all or is there a way of activating it. My animated weather IS working.
Old 11-01-2009, 11:54 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Also, I noticed in the taskbar the icon that is supposed to show my signal strength is just a generic icon with an X on it. Any idea how this can be fixed?
Old 11-02-2009, 12:12 AM
Jailbroken and rooted
Pocket PC: ET4G/Thrive/iPad (original)
Carrier: Sprint and AT&T

amw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

On "task bar" icons...

Those are still the 'ole black and white...due to the fact that 6.5.1 have not been officially released. It has been mentioned that it is in its beta form. With that being said...installing ANY taskbar icon packs will break some of the functionality of the 6.5.1 drop down menu associated for the taskbar. I know this because I tried and had to hard reset to gain those drop downs.

I and several others mentioned using the D3D enhancement driver from the tweaks sticky...from my experience, it got Coreplayer to play nicely with this ROM. I still notice the "sluggish" display when the weather animations is running esp. the sunshine.

The same issues have been brought up time and again, and its been answered quite patiently by ace...if you're new to flashing ROM's...then know that updates do come out and fixes for specific bugs may get addressed. However, search before you ask...or else this thread will get so jumbled that it'll be hard to follow...case in point (MMS issue)

Not trying to offend anyone, and I'll get off my soap box...but I did notice lots of "newer" folks flashing ROM's and may not understand how things work. So pls don't flame...just want to part some knowledge that I learned the hard way.

BTW...love the ROM...would like to have some way to find OUT the percent of RAM in usage. I had a out of memory notification (a la Mogul) shutting down my voice command.

also, had to install ICS WModem fix cab to get internet sharing working. No big deal...but want to pass on this info.

Also, if you search "other" forums...such as XDA or everything TP/Diamond...you might find what you're looking for.

Last edited by amw1972; 11-02-2009 at 12:17 AM.
Old 11-02-2009, 12:13 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: tp2,hero
Carrier: sprint

jocampo86 is just getting started

hey guys so far loving the 2186y4 leo rom...but cant find a way to acces all the programs..any ideas..??
Old 11-02-2009, 12:15 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by amw1972 View Post
On "task bar" icons...

Those are still the 'ole black and white...due to the fact that 6.5.1 have not been officially released. It has been mentioned that it is in its beta form. With that being said...installing ANY taskbar icon packs will break some of the functionality of the 6.5.1 drop down menu associated for the taskbar. I know this because I tried and had to hard reset to gain those drop downs.

I and several others mentioned using the D3D enhancement driver from the tweaks sticky...from my experience, it got Coreplayer to play nicely with this ROM. I still notice the "sluggish" display when the weather animations is running esp. the sunshine.

The same issues have been brought up time and again, and its been answered quite patiently by ace...if you're new to flashing ROM's...then know that updates do come out and fixes for specific bugs may get addressed. However, search before you ask...or else this thread will get so jumbled that it'll be hard to follow...case in point (MMS issue)

Not trying to offend anyone, and I'll get off my soap box...but I did notice lots of "newer" folks flashing ROM's and may not understand how things work. So pls don't flame...just want to part some knowledge that I learned the hard way.

BTW...love the ROM...would like to have some way to find OUT the percent of RAM in usage. I had a out of memory notification (a la Mogul) shutting down my voice command.

Also, if you search "other" forums...such as XDA or everything TP/Diamond...you might find what you're looking for.
Thanks for the response, I just didn't know if the tweak was part of the ROM package or not. What I am refering to in the taskbar is the icon itself that is supposed to tell me what my signal strength is. It appears to basically be a broken icon, as it is just a static image with an X in the corner. I was wondering if anyone else noticed this issue. I have done a hard-reset but no dice yet. I am using the normal 6.5 build.
Old 11-02-2009, 12:16 AM
Jailbroken and rooted
Pocket PC: ET4G/Thrive/iPad (original)
Carrier: Sprint and AT&T

amw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jocampo86 View Post
hey guys so far loving the 2186y4 leo rom...but cant find a way to acces all the programs..any ideas..??
They're in there...check all the folders when you hit the "start" button. Any program that you installed yourself will usually show in the start menu...games will be in the games folder...etc.
Old 11-02-2009, 12:20 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjodotcom View Post
Thanks for the response, I just didn't know if the tweak was part of the ROM package or not. What I am refering to in the taskbar is the icon itself that is supposed to tell me what my signal strength is. It appears to basically be a broken icon, as it is just a static image with an X in the corner. I was wondering if anyone else noticed this issue. I have done a hard-reset but no dice yet. I am using the normal 6.5 build.
My appologies if I was not clear in my earlier posting, it's just as if the taskbar associated with this ROM did not fully install correctly.

Last edited by mjodotcom; 11-02-2009 at 12:34 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development