PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2009, 08:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro2
Carrier: sprint

setox is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |CR|6.5.3|ROM|WWE| ★ EnergyROM "Leo" (28002/21869) ★ |Nov 20| ★ Latest Sense 2.5!

EnergyROM_21877_RHOD500_27.Nov.2009_StandardM2.5.r ar downloaded but the RHODIMG.nbh was currupt when doing unrar
Old 11-27-2009, 08:23 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

siraloz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsiraloz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsiraloz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsiraloz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: |CR|6.5.3|ROM|WWE| ★ EnergyROM "Leo" (28002/21869) ★ |Nov 20| ★ Latest Sense 2.5!

The problem is probably not the computer going into sleep mode then. I use chrome.

I tried both RHODIUM and RHOD500 a few times. The last time it worked was for the latter one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisloveskaos View Post
i have tried 3 times, no sleep . Using firefox
We have a new ROM now, give 28005 a try!
Old 11-27-2009, 08:38 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro 2

jwbmmqtg is a n00b

ok Gentlemen,

The Email problem has to do with NRG ROM. It did not exist prior to TP2. After 2 days of testing the following is the result:

Tested with Stock spring: OK
Tested with Mr. X ROM: OK
Tested With Jucy's ROM: OK

Insttalled NRG ROM Again and it started to deleting the emails from the server.

Deear NRG, I have been using your ROM for a long time. This is actually the only problem I CANNOT live with. Still I think that I rather go and use your ROM if you find out what the problem is.

This is the problem with the emails after installation:

Problem Specification
Each time TP2 connects to server and downloads new emails previouse emails get deleted. If the option "Keep emails on server" is selected deleted emails are purged into the Trash folder on the server side. Otherwise, the emails are completely deleted from the server.
For those, who are dealing with important emails this is a HUGE problem. If the email client is set to check for new emails every 15 minutes and you are sitting in a 2 hr meeting and cannot check your phone all the time, you may never see an important email since it was deleted.

Additional Information

Phone 2 units of TP2. 1 with stock Sprint ROM and the other eith NRG Leo (all versions and dates tested)

Stoch Sprint ROM: Problem does not exist
NRG ROM all versions and dates: All have the same problem

To create the problem you need to have a private domain with access to the server. You use the option "other" when you setting up your email.

If you have this problem connecting to GMAIL please google it. Gmail problem is connected to Google's setup of IMAP and POP3.

If you are using an exchange server, the problem can be identical.

Test History
Have tested with ONLY one emial client on the one TP2 running. No outlook from a PC has been connected. POP3 email is used (have not tested IMAP)

Considerations

Older NRG WM6.5 for TP1 did not have this problem. So we should probably exclude the WM6.5 issue.

Generally the email in the phone should not be deleted at all unless
1. You manually delete an email (therefore the choice to keep deleted emails on server or not)
2. You delete the email on the server directly by accessing the server or by using outlook or another client

Solutions such as changing the download size, changing the check server intervalls are not effective.

So I wounder if there is a registery setting somewhere that contains wrong value.

I have googled and found that the problem is not unique at all.
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Incredible and touch pro2
Carrier: Verizon

chrisloveskaos is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchrisloveskaos is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchrisloveskaos is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchrisloveskaos is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchrisloveskaos is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by siraloz View Post
The problem is probably not the computer going into sleep mode then. I use chrome.

I tried both RHODIUM and RHOD500 a few times. The last time it worked was for the latter one.
We have a new ROM now, give 28005 a try!
that is the new 6.5.3 build
21877 is 6.5 start menu button on top is more stable and is the one that has a corrupt file
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

inspiringdesigns is just getting started

First of all thanks for the Rom. i am still have the +1 problem making calls. if you could add this file it would fix it. i dont know what its called but here is where it is in other roms.....
in to the start menu
Go to the start menu
Settings
Personal folder
Phone
Go to the cdma services in the bottom
***Scroll to plus code dialing***
Press get settings
Enable it
Old 11-27-2009, 08:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro2
Carrier: sprint

setox is becoming a great contributor

downloaded again and it said the same thing its crc failed file is currupt

! C:\Downloads\EnergyROM_21877_RHOD500_27.Nov.2009_S tandardM2.5.rar: CRC failed in RHODIMG.nbh. The file is corrupt
Old 11-27-2009, 08:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

Tim Smith is keeping up the good workTim Smith is keeping up the good work

Same error for me.
Old 11-27-2009, 08:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: tp2
Carrier: verizon

sonificator is a n00b

Can anyone tell me if there is any difference between the 21869 and the 21877 ?
Old 11-27-2009, 09:06 PM
EnergyROMs chef :)
Pocket PC: All of them...
Carrier: TMobile
Threadstarter

NRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwbmmqtg View Post
ok Gentlemen,

The Email problem has to do with NRG ROM. It did not exist prior to TP2. After 2 days of testing the following is the result:

Tested with Stock spring: OK
Tested with Mr. X ROM: OK
Tested With Jucy's ROM: OK

Insttalled NRG ROM Again and it started to deleting the emails from the server.

Deear NRG, I have been using your ROM for a long time. This is actually the only problem I CANNOT live with. Still I think that I rather go and use your ROM if you find out what the problem is.

This is the problem with the emails after installation:

Problem Specification
Each time TP2 connects to server and downloads new emails previouse emails get deleted. If the option "Keep emails on server" is selected deleted emails are purged into the Trash folder on the server side. Otherwise, the emails are completely deleted from the server.
For those, who are dealing with important emails this is a HUGE problem. If the email client is set to check for new emails every 15 minutes and you are sitting in a 2 hr meeting and cannot check your phone all the time, you may never see an important email since it was deleted.

Additional Information

Phone 2 units of TP2. 1 with stock Sprint ROM and the other eith NRG Leo (all versions and dates tested)

Stoch Sprint ROM: Problem does not exist
NRG ROM all versions and dates: All have the same problem

To create the problem you need to have a private domain with access to the server. You use the option "other" when you setting up your email.

If you have this problem connecting to GMAIL please google it. Gmail problem is connected to Google's setup of IMAP and POP3.

If you are using an exchange server, the problem can be identical.

Test History
Have tested with ONLY one emial client on the one TP2 running. No outlook from a PC has been connected. POP3 email is used (have not tested IMAP)

Considerations

Older NRG WM6.5 for TP1 did not have this problem. So we should probably exclude the WM6.5 issue.

Generally the email in the phone should not be deleted at all unless
1. You manually delete an email (therefore the choice to keep deleted emails on server or not)
2. You delete the email on the server directly by accessing the server or by using outlook or another client

Solutions such as changing the download size, changing the check server intervalls are not effective.

So I wounder if there is a registery setting somewhere that contains wrong value.

I have googled and found that the problem is not unique at all.

Sounds like the problem is pretty unique to YOU. I've never heard of ANYONE say this ROM deleted their emails out of the blue. Chefs, in general, never touch the email application, because there really isnt' anything to tweak about it. It's the way it came from microsoft, therefore BONE STOCK. Therefore if my ROM doesn't work for you.. I'd say go use the ones that do. There's nothing I can do about this problem... because it's not a widespread "problem". Sorry...

If you liked what I cooked up for you and want to leave me a tip with Paypal > USD / EUR
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-27-2009, 09:07 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

BruceBanner is becoming a great contributor
Re: |CR|6.5.3|WWE| ★ EnergyROM "Leo" (28005/21877) ★ |Nov 27| ★ Latest Sense 2.5!★ |

downloading 11/27....looking forward to this one...well just as much as any other, lol

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development