PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2011, 05:23 PM
mariano3113

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: |CR|6.5.1|ROM|WWE| ★ EnergyROM "Leo" (23081/21864) ★ |Oct 25| ★ Latest Manila 2.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longview View Post
chunnel,

Sounds like a bad flash as mine is working perfectly.

Try a Task29 and reflash.
Either a Bad Flash - or did you import some settings you had backed up from Mighty ROM???
Old 05-19-2011, 09:47 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Merge
Carrier: US Cellular

spacious is keeping up the good workspacious is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |ROM|¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |May 14| 21916|29020 * Sense 2021 + flavors

I'm on Energy.RHODCDMA.29020.Sense2.5.Cookie.2.0.DinikGla ss.May.15 and everything seems to be working the same as it always does: Excellent but not quite perfect. Plenty good enough for me.

I have noticed that RAM seems to get eaten up much more on the last few builds I've used than on the March builds which seemed to be the best builds for RAM usage that I've used so far, with the 28244 builds close in second for that.
The newest builds have page pool 19 while the March builds I used had 18, as did the 28244 builds I tried in November, and then when they came back again in February.
My phone has been sitting with around 64,000 k free with pp19 as opposed to around 85,000 with pp18. Those numbers would leave me to believe that there's something else going on besides the page pool difference. I've read a bunch about page pool and it seems like I'm loosing ten thousand k somewhere, or am I missing something?

I've also noticed that the 29020 builds I've tried (April 29 and May 15) leave quite a bit less storage space after I install all the same cabs as I always do.
Old 05-20-2011, 02:45 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Sprint

PurplePiss is a n00b

I am running the May 15th version of Energy/Dinik and I can no longer control the audio tracks on my S9-HD headset. I can change the volume, but play doesn't take you to the htc media player and tracks do not work. I have paired it and checked all the settings.

Also, the media player is not seeing my music files and updating the library.
Old 05-20-2011, 06:01 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

jerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurplePiss View Post
I am running the May 15th version of Energy/Dinik and I can no longer control the audio tracks on my S9-HD headset. I can change the volume, but play doesn't take you to the htc media player and tracks do not work. I have paired it and checked all the settings.

Also, the media player is not seeing my music files and updating the library.
You know I am in the process of restoring my system after my S9 hung this AM and the Media Library seemed to get corrupted! I installed the Energy ROM a couple days ago and was enthusiastic until this AM.

Before I restored, I used WMP to rebuild the media library, but that did not help. After the restore, I had the same problem. This is a major issue and essentially the phone now gets inoperative when you try to run a media file.

I guess I will now remove all the files and try to rebuild the library.... If that does not work, time for another ROM.

PS A lingering problem I had/have with the install is that the ArcSwitch Task manager does not work. When I hit the task bar, I get the application but all is blank. I wonder if this is a major problem. I think this CAB was in the ROM and is unremovable.
Old 05-20-2011, 09:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: VX6900
Carrier: Verizon

chunnel is just getting started
Re: |CR|6.5.1|ROM|WWE| ★ EnergyROM "Leo" (23081/21864) ★ |Oct 25| ★ Latest Manila 2.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariano3113 View Post
Either a Bad Flash - or did you import some settings you had backed up from Mighty ROM???
I erased the phone and reset it. That problem with the Sense resetting has now gone away. However, I now have a different problem. I have multiple email addresses and what is happening is that they work fine for awhile, then they stop. All I see is a perpetual, "connecting". Turning the phone off worked once, but usually not. I have reset the data connection. And I have verified over and over the that I do have a solid data connection.
Old 05-21-2011, 03:40 AM
mariano3113

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunnel View Post
I erased the phone and reset it. That problem with the Sense resetting has now gone away. However, I now have a different problem. I have multiple email addresses and what is happening is that they work fine for awhile, then they stop. All I see is a perpetual, "connecting". Turning the phone off worked once, but usually not. I have reset the data connection. And I have verified over and over the that I do have a solid data connection.
When you say "erased" - you do mean Task 29, right?

I am assuming you did the "Task 29" in between the Mighty ROM and your chosen Flavor of Energy.

I am also assuming you are on the latest Profile & PRL.

I would check in "Advanced Config" under Network and Make sure the TCP Windows size - is 65536.

Other than the above, the only two things I can assume or reccomend, since I am not seeing anyone else with similar symptoms, is that A) You have a slighty corrupt download of the ROM or B) You have a hardware issue that was not present before.

Hopefully someone can chime in and point you towards a 'Favorable' fix.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-21-2011, 10:12 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
When you say "erased" - you do mean Task 29, right?

I am assuming you did the "Task 29" in between the Mighty ROM and your chosen Flavor of Energy.

I am also assuming you are on the latest Profile & PRL.

I would check in "Advanced Config" under Network and Make sure the TCP Windows size - is 65536.

Other than the above, the only two things I can assume or reccomend, since I am not seeing anyone else with similar symptoms, is that A) You have a slighty corrupt download of the ROM or B) You have a hardware issue that was not present before.

Hopefully someone can chime in and point you towards a 'Favorable' fix.
Sorry, should have used the correct terms. Yes, I have now used Task29 twice since leaving Mighty ROM. The first time before the first installation of Energy and just now before the previous re-install of Energy. Because Task29 doesn't allow a boot up afterward, I used bootloader to install the nbh file for Energy in both circumstances.

I'm not sure what you mean though by latest "Profile and PRL".

Yes, TCP is set properly.

Perhaps I need to install this via Windows rather than just through the nbh file. But when I try that, I get an error message that the update utility cannot open the requested file. Maybe I have a corrupted download.

[UPDATE: I have downloaded Energy.RHODCDMA.29020.Sense2.5.May.14 and extracted it. Yet when I try to run it, even though I have an active sync window open and the phone is synced, I continue to get the same error message, "Error [208] File Open. The update utility cannot open the requested file...". I have tried rebooting my windows 7 machine just in case and still get the same error message.]

[2nd UPDATE: I had Energy "Cookie" before. Now I have installed, via nbh Energy "Standard". I am currently syncing my 7,000 plus contacts via exchange. Then I will test out the multiple email addresses to see if they have the same problems. I do want to know how to get the Lock that slides down to come up automatically in the Standard ROM. It is available, but only if I select it manually in Tools. FOUND LOCKDEVICE_v1.6

Even after flashing the new ROM and rebooting my Win 7 Machine, I still cannot use RhodCDMA_SoftwareUpgrade. I still get the above 208 error message. However, I was able to use Task29 via the Windows Link.]

[3rd UPDATE: Mail still hangs. Just says "Connecting". It is clear it has logged on, because it has downloaded some mail. And I have downloaded and installed "NRGZ28 HTC Messaging Client (All Sense 2.5 ROMs)".

[4th UPDATE: I guess you guys are watching someone figure this out on their own. I found that there is an additional step besides the Verizon Carrier cab. When setting up the email address, you need to also select the connection source, thus you need to select Verizon Wireless as the default connection. I had not seen this before, having used custom ROM's on everything since a HTC Touch, to a Touch Pro to a TP2. It appears to be working now. Will update if not.]

Last edited by chunnel; 05-21-2011 at 01:45 PM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 05-21-2011, 02:27 PM
mariano3113

Quote:
[4th UPDATE: I guess you guys are watching someone figure this out on their own. I found that there is an additional step besides the Verizon Carrier cab. When setting up the email address, you need to also select the connection source, thus you need to select Verizon Wireless as the default connection. I had not seen this before, having used custom ROM's on everything since a HTC Touch, to a Touch Pro to a TP2. It appears to be working now. Will update if not.]
THE Profile and PRL deal more with Coverage and Newtork configuration - but configuring your data to use Verizon (Must have been an oversight when making the provisioning cab) is understandable. (Valiant effort on being determined to find a fix for your e-mail.) Odd that you are getting the [208] Error even with a ROM installed, booted and connected. - Maybe you should ask your devices to play nicely - LOL

Last edited by mariano3113; 05-21-2011 at 02:30 PM.
Old 05-21-2011, 10:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
THE Profile and PRL deal more with Coverage and Newtork configuration - but configuring your data to use Verizon (Must have been an oversight when making the provisioning cab) is understandable. (Valiant effort on being determined to find a fix for your e-mail.) Odd that you are getting the [208] Error even with a ROM installed, booted and connected. - Maybe you should ask your devices to play nicely - LOL
Yeah, I can't figure out the 208 error. No idea why it's happening.

Ok, now I've screwed up CHT. I have all my links set, but somehow the display is all screwed up. The calendar is over some of the links. And when I go down, the screen is blank. And it seems I have 4-5 levels beneath the first page. Then I go down twice, and BEHOLD! all my links are there. Is there a way to reset this CHT to the original settings? I should say also, that I've gone back to Cookie, obviously.

[UPDATE: I will not be having any success figuring this out. CHT seems completely random and as soon as I get it better, then I make it completely worse and am farther away from getting back to the original settings. This is absolutely hopeless]

Last edited by chunnel; 05-22-2011 at 12:03 AM.
Old 05-22-2011, 02:07 AM
mariano3113

Quote:
Yeah, I can't figure out the 208 error. No idea why it's happening.

Ok, now I've screwed up CHT. I have all my links set, but somehow the display is all screwed up. The calendar is over some of the links. And when I go down, the screen is blank. And it seems I have 4-5 levels beneath the first page. Then I go down twice, and BEHOLD! all my links are there. Is there a way to reset this CHT to the original settings? I should say also, that I've gone back to Cookie, obviously.

[UPDATE: I will not be having any success figuring this out. CHT seems completely random and as soon as I get it better, then I make it completely worse and am farther away from getting back to the original settings. This is absolutely hopeless]
In CHTeditor, hit menu, select Import settings, should default to Program Files\CHTEditor\
Stock ROM Layout

And try starting over from there.....

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development