PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2010, 03:50 PM
VIP MVP
Pocket PC: TP Dos/OG Epic/Touch
Carrier: Sprint

masetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuff
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |RHODIUM CDMA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Nov 19| 21916|23148 * Sense 20

t-bob what differences are there between the two roms

Old 11-20-2010, 04:03 PM
Unlimited is um, limited
Pocket PC: Razr MAXX
Carrier: Verizon

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Re: |RHODIUM CDMA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Nov 19| 21916|23148 * Sense 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by RexRzr View Post
Hi everyone, noob here. I guess I'm asking an old question and I might probably find the answer by searching the net but am a bit nervous now to do so. I just flashed my Sprint Touch Pro 2 with the NRG Nov 13 28244 Cookie 2.0 ROM (this was my first flash and I did do the HSPL unlocking successfully before that). I didn't face any error in the process and after 100% completion the phone rebooted and the regular white "HTC" screen showed up. But after that it's doing nothing. Just keeping that screen on only. Did a hard reset...yet the same. I've kept it on for 15 mins constantly but nothing's happening. The bootloader is opening and it's not showing any 'error' messages though. I hope my phone is not bricked.

Can someone please shed any light on it? Will be much appreciated...

Remove the SD card and try again.

Sometimes bad SD cards can cause problems with booting after a fresh ROM flash.

David
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-20-2010, 04:11 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG LS855

t-bob is a VIPt-bob is a VIPt-bob is a VIPt-bob is a VIPt-bob is a VIPt-bob is a VIPt-bob is a VIPt-bob is a VIPt-bob is a VIPt-bob is a VIPt-bob is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by masetas View Post
t-bob what differences are there between the two roms
I haven't found anything different yet, but haven't really looked for any differences either.
Old 11-20-2010, 04:21 PM
jhr
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: alltel touch pro
Carrier: alltell

jhr is keeping up the good workjhr is keeping up the good work

have you redownloaded the rom, or even tried to download a different version...might be a bad download. also are extracting the file win win rar or 7zip? It is a 7zip file use that program to extract it.

Also Energy made a suggestion to flash from the 28244 to his latest. Try there first. Good luck and post your findinds

I am selling some devices check my link at XDA
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=656109
Old 11-20-2010, 04:44 PM
Unlimited is um, limited
Pocket PC: Razr MAXX
Carrier: Verizon

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhr View Post
Also Energy made a suggestion to flash from the 28244 to his latest. Try there first. Good luck and post your findinds
Thats a bit misleading. His suggestion was that if you are running 28244 then you SHOULD flash to the newer ROMS as he was very unhappy with 28244.

David
Old 11-20-2010, 05:12 PM
I MADE IT!!!
Pocket PC: MIUI Powered 3VO, MikFroyo'd EVO & Energized Pro 2

ooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to ooxteme

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTN View Post
Thats a bit misleading. His suggestion was that if you are running 28244 then you SHOULD flash to the newer ROMS as he was very unhappy with 28244.

David
Agree "The 28xxx series is dead from here on out"

TEAM MiK
Member Since 12/30/10
Old 11-20-2010, 05:14 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Airtel

RexRzr is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim8181 View Post
If it was me... I'd run Task29 and then I'd pick a different rom to flash. Some people had issues with 28XXX roms (newer ones are out). And since you're new, I'd pick a more stable rom - "A 21916 Build which is the most reliable and bug free release." And I'd just go with plain cookie to start with.
But a reflash seems in order, no matter how you go about it. Good luck!
I've reflashed the stock 6.5 ROM and at least that's working again. So my phone ain't bricked...phew.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTN View Post
Remove the SD card and try again.

Sometimes bad SD cards can cause problems with booting after a fresh ROM flash.

David
I did take the SD card as well as the sim card out before flashing (yeah I use a sim card...I'm actually not from the US).

Anyway...thanks to you both.
Guess I'll try flashing with some other ROM again tomorrow...
Old 11-20-2010, 05:21 PM
VIP Member - Retired
Pocket PC: Moto Flip>Smsng 8500>Razr v3m>Mogul>TP>3 TP2s+ ??
Carrier: Sprint Premier Gold- White Glove Status

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

NRG Twitter:

Patch for inoperable shutdown function in Nov 19 ROMs (quickshutdown patch...) http://digs.by/9vDJpz

Last edited by teradog; 11-20-2010 at 05:28 PM.
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 11-20-2010, 05:25 PM
VIP MVP
Pocket PC: TP Dos/OG Epic/Touch

masetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuff
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)

I click on the link and nothing downloads no file there.
Old 11-20-2010, 05:28 PM
VIP Member - Retired
Pocket PC: Moto Flip>Smsng 8500>Razr v3m>Mogul>TP>3 TP2s+ ??
Carrier: Sprint Premier Gold- White Glove Status

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by masetas View Post
I click on the link and nothing downloads no file there.
it's a pop up, disable your popup blocker, works fine

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development