PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2010, 08:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

ryanmv213 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularryanmv213 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularryanmv213 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularryanmv213 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |RHODIUM CDMA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Nov 13| 21916|28244 * Sense 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffkip911 View Post
HOLLY CHRIST. titanium with touch experience 125 free!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Are you on a different version then the last one I beta tested a couple months back? I think it was 3.0.3. TX was super glitchy, twitter and FB syncing wasn't operational, neither were many of the widgets, mp3 syncing would break the UI, and TX would completely crash randomly. I tried many different ROM's and only NRG's titanium, Mr.X's titanium, and the last silencerom worked with it. I liked the idea of it a long time ago when it was first demo'd but once schnaps gave me access to it almost a year ago I could never get it to run as a full time UI and development of the project was extremely slow due to the developer's health issues. I think the nail in the coffin for me on that UI was when NRG posted that he didn't like the UI either.

SPB for a long time on the other hand has been great for all my friends I have with a TP2 that could not stand the buggy winmo OS. I have literally flashed NRG titanium and SPB on over 10 devices! Other than the battery reporting issue noone has complained about it.

Back to the latest NRG rom. I am still getting freezing issues with and without my sd card in. This is even after a full flash dance with task 29, flash back to stock, and clear storage. I am using sencity 28244 cookie 2.0F. I noticed on here someone stating that the nuebattery cab may be causing the issue so I'll start over and not install that and see if I have the same issues.

Last edited by ryanmv213; 11-15-2010 at 09:08 PM.
Old 11-15-2010, 08:58 PM
I MADE IT!!!
Pocket PC: MIUI Powered 3VO, MikFroyo'd EVO & Energized Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

ooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to ooxteme
Re: |RHODIUM CDMA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Nov 13| 21916|28244 * Sense 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanmv213 View Post
Are you on a different version then the last one I beta tested a couple months back? I think it was 3.0.3. TX was super glitchy, outdated, and would completely crash after switching backgrounds or editing settings. I tried many different ROM's and only NRG's titanium, Mr.X's titanium, and the last silencerom worked with it. I liked the idea of it a long time ago when it was first demo'd but once schnaps gave me access to it almost a year ago I could never get it to run as a full time UI. I think the nail in the coffin for me on that UI was when NRG posted that he didn't like the UI either.

SPB for a long time on the other hand has been great for all my friends I have with a TP2 that could not stand the buggy winmo OS. I have literally flashed NRG titanium and SPB on over 10 devices! Other than the battery reporting issue noone has complained about it.

Back to the latest NRG rom. I am still getting freezing issues with and without my sd card in. This is even after a full flash dance with task 29, flash back to stock, and clear storage. I noticed on here someone stating that the nuebattery cab may be causing the issue so I'll start over and not install that and see if I have the same issues.

Same nonsense i got using TE i didnt like the setup of it either...

TEAM MiK
Member Since 12/30/10
Old 11-15-2010, 09:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Telus

frozenbutt is keeping up the good workfrozenbutt is keeping up the good work

I have the nov 13 rom flashed and everything is working fine after a few tweaks. If I want to try spb can I give it a try with this rom just disabling sense or should I flash titanium. I was hoping to just try spb for a few days without flashing again in case I don't like it.
Old 11-15-2010, 09:06 PM
I MADE IT!!!

ooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIP

yup disable sense and then install SPB
Old 11-15-2010, 09:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

Agentz919 knows their stuffAgentz919 knows their stuffAgentz919 knows their stuffAgentz919 knows their stuffAgentz919 knows their stuffAgentz919 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooxteme View Post
Same nonsense i got using TE i didnt like the setup of it either...
Yea i am not a big fan either. I only looked at pics but SPB looks SO much better! Loving how snappy it is with the new titanium ROM!

To get the real feel of SPB, run the titanium ROM with 0 PP. Its real nice! Be sure to disable everything in the today screen before you load SPB.
Old 11-15-2010, 09:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Telus

frozenbutt is keeping up the good workfrozenbutt is keeping up the good work

Pardon my ignorance - 0 PP???
Old 11-15-2010, 09:21 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: GALAXY NEXUS
Carrier: Verizon

shaolinsoldier79 knows their stuffshaolinsoldier79 knows their stuffshaolinsoldier79 knows their stuffshaolinsoldier79 knows their stuffshaolinsoldier79 knows their stuffshaolinsoldier79 knows their stuffshaolinsoldier79 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by frozenbutt View Post
Pardon my ignorance - 0 PP???
PP = page pool
Old 11-15-2010, 09:39 PM
I MADE IT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agentz919 View Post
Yea i am not a big fan either. I only looked at pics but SPB looks SO much better! Loving how snappy it is with the new titanium ROM!

To get the real feel of SPB, run the titanium ROM with 0 PP. Its real nice! Be sure to disable everything in the today screen before you load SPB.
Ya it works perfect with any of the NRG roms as long as you have sense turned off.
Old 11-15-2010, 09:52 PM
VIP Member - Retired
Pocket PC: Moto Flip>Smsng 8500>Razr v3m>Mogul>TP>3 TP2s+ ??
Carrier: Sprint Premier Gold- White Glove Status

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougw03 View Post
Is anyone still running out of memory? Opera still runs out of memory on Nov 13. Also I tried recording a 30 second video and when I went to play it back I ran out of memory! What's the deal?
start, settings, start menu layout switch, choose any of the last 3.

Want 50 MB MORE RAM & not run out?

Start Menu Replacements: Will save around 25 MB of RAM
1. Panel
2. Compact
3. Sense
4. Winstart

Sense (Today Home) Replacements: Will save around 25 MB of RAM
1. SPB
2. iPhone Today
3. Easy
4. Touch Experiance

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffkip911 View Post
really??? are you "X"ing out of TE??? the UI runs a bit different--back button is your friend. not one lock-up for me??

i ended up "x"ing out of TE causing me to stick for a minute. SR and an edit on the home page (removed top bar) so I don't x inadvertantly. very fast for me---really have to spend an hour learning the UI (just like when MaxSense came out)
re. back button, love it, how it should work... droid like
I think you were the first to mention Touch Experience here.. thanks/d, but you didn't give a link... :>)) was about to but I see oox did already.
It's fun.. more for the young crowd.. lots of live wallpapers, work well, fun stuff, works good for me... not quite as simple as SPB, great & powerful alternative! I'll run it for another day or 2...

Quote:
Originally Posted by alalor View Post
I was explained last year that EVDO Rev.0 is more or less 2.5G and EVDO Rev.A is more or less the CDMA equivalent of 3G in GSM.
EVDO Rev A is supposed to be 25% faster at downloading and up to 800% faster at uploading (and has lower latency).
EV IS the standard CDMA data icon for data... agree with your above analysis EVDO is CDMA 3G

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooxteme View Post
It freezes constantly on my phone....
What does?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agentz919 View Post
OK, NICE... gotta read back a few pages yet, but you loving it or what? I'm thinking OC'd you must have a rocket!!!

Last edited by teradog; 11-16-2010 at 12:48 AM.
Old 11-15-2010, 10:10 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

Comstar knows their stuffComstar knows their stuffComstar knows their stuffComstar knows their stuffComstar knows their stuffComstar knows their stuffComstar knows their stuff

Here's NRG's latest tweet
"So.. poll... Thinking about stopping the CHT "classic" ROMs and just doing CHT 2.0 ROM. Anybody still using the CHT 1.8.5 ROMs ?"

OH NOOOOOOOO - Please don't stop 1.8.5 - 2.0 Does not like my phone. 1.8.5 is so stable.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development