PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-19-2010, 07:53 PM
Elite PPCGeeks Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Fido(Can), Alfa(Leb), Jawal(Ksa)

bteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Sep 18| 21916|23138 * Sense 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by japper88 View Post
if qmenu doesnt show certain shortcuts you can just make new shortcuts and put it in "\windows\startmenu\" then it will show up in the qmenu
JAPP

WELCOME ABOARD
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 09-19-2010, 08:03 PM
SUPER GADGET ADDICT!!!
Pocket PC: Samsung GS2 Epic 4G Touch
Carrier: Sprint

japper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIP
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Sep 18| 21916|23138 * Sense 2018

It's good to be back. With the settings importer I'm ready to flash every time NGRZ comes out with a new release.

Again, does anyone know the proper registry settings to change the icons for the shortcuts in the QMenu? The registry entry for changing icons is for the regular startmenu doesn't change the icons in the QMenu...

Please remember to THANK me if I helped you!
Old 09-19-2010, 10:04 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid Incredible, touch pro 2, xv6900, x50v
Carrier: verizon

suntopper is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuntopper is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuntopper is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuntopper is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuntopper is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

OK, I feel like a newb all over again. I've searched and looked at DaveTN's faqs and fixes links with no luck. Please help me Obi Wan!!!

I'm on verizon and cannot hook up to the internet via WIFI router (either Comm Mgr or the WIFI router in tools folder). I can connect but no joy when I try to access the internet on my laptop. I've tried using "verizon wireless" and "my connection" but it doesn't work. What am I missing?

TIA,
ST
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-19-2010, 10:11 PM
Android Soldier
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S4
Carrier: The Can You Hear Me Now Network

KIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTN View Post
For those interested in battery life on the 9/18 ROM, I have been running the 9/18 23xxx CHT version since yesterday and the first thing I noticed that it settled in quite nicely on the first day AND today has been great. Been running "off the wall" since 9am and have used it a bit more than usual today and I am at 80%! Not bad for the first day after a fresh flash.

Also just got a text message that I was one of the winners for the PPCGeeks.com Win-X DVD Giveaway!! SWEET! Thanks PPC Geeks!

David
I'm running the same rom and it's been doing pretty damn good, took it off the charger this morning about 9am and i'm still at like 90%, although i haven't done any talking or texting on it today, just turned it on a few times to check time and weather and used the camera a couple of times so i'm happy with the battery.

I tried to use the Q menu but didn't like it so i switched back to the regular menu, personally i'm not all that worried about how much more ram it gives as i'm not a power user and on the phone all the time, just some text messages and a few calls during the day is about it, plus i run cleanram to freshen things up during the day and recover lost ram.

Congrats on winning the Win-X DVD, did you enter the contest or was it just a random thing that you won?
Old 09-19-2010, 10:22 PM
Android Soldier

KIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by suntopper View Post
OK, I feel like a newb all over again. I've searched and looked at DaveTN's faqs and fixes links with no luck. Please help me Obi Wan!!!

I'm on verizon and cannot hook up to the internet via WIFI router (either Comm Mgr or the WIFI router in tools folder). I can connect but no joy when I try to access the internet on my laptop. I've tried using "verizon wireless" and "my connection" but it doesn't work. What am I missing?

TIA,
ST
I'm a little confused, are you saying that you want to use the internet from you phone on your laptop? if so all you should have to do <i'm on sprint and all i did was go into settings>wireless controls>turn on internet sharing and then set-up your laptop to connect to Energy connection and enter the WEP key and then surf away.
Old 09-19-2010, 10:48 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid Incredible, touch pro 2, xv6900, x50v
Carrier: verizon

suntopper is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuntopper is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuntopper is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuntopper is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuntopper is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

thanks for the response KIOWA.

When I go into internet sharing, the only option on PC connection is USB. The network connection is set to "phone as modem". (status says "check USB cable connection") When I turn on the WIFI router, it turns on the "internet sharing" button in comm mgr. I've tried using verizon wireless as my internet connection with similar results. It seems it's missing the connection to the internet??? I can connect to the laptop via wifi just fine!

Edit: when i access the internet sharing tab in comm mgr it opens up WIFI router?? I should mention I'm running the Sept 13 cookie version.
ST

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIOWA69 View Post
I'm a little confused, are you saying that you want to use the internet from you phone on your laptop? if so all you should have to do <i'm on sprint and all i did was go into settings>wireless controls>turn on internet sharing and then set-up your laptop to connect to Energy connection and enter the WEP key and then surf away.

Last edited by suntopper; 09-19-2010 at 10:56 PM.
Old 09-19-2010, 10:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch pro 2

Sixfoota21 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSixfoota21 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSixfoota21 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agentz919 View Post
Is there a way to change the background of the new quick menu?

EDIT: Found it, sorry!

Please share..i've tried to no avail.
Old 09-19-2010, 11:03 PM
SUPER GADGET ADDICT!!!
Pocket PC: Samsung GS2 Epic 4G Touch

japper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixfoota21 View Post
Please share..i've tried to no avail.
in the QuickMenu go to "QuickMenu" and selection options, and in the view options you can change the background to whatever you want.
Old 09-19-2010, 11:04 PM
Android Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by suntopper View Post
thanks for the response KIOWA.

When I go into internet sharing, the only option on PC connection is USB. The network connection is set to "phone as modem". (status says "check USB cable connection") When I turn on the WIFI router, it turns on the "internet sharing" button in comm mgr. I've tried using verizon wireless as my internet connection with similar results. It seems it's missing the connection to the internet??? I can connect to the laptop via wifi just fine!

Edit: when i access the internet sharing tab in comm mgr it opens up WIFI router?? I should mention I'm running the Sept 13 cookie version.
ST
ok here's what i do, i got into comm manager>wireless controls>then i hit internet sharing and then it starts up, which automatically enables wifi router and then i can connect my laptop to the "Energy wifi" and surf the internet, now when i try to turn off the internet sharing is when i get the pc connection is by usb and network connection is phone as modem, but like i said that's after i have turned off the wifi, no idea why that comes up after i try to shut it down, but it does, and to actually turn off internet sharing i have to act like i am going to connect by usb and then disconnect before it turns off, a little weird, but i don't use it anyways and even if i did it would be something that i could live with, no idea why you would be having an issue getting it to work, what rom are you on? i'm on 23xxx, are you provisioned? what kind of cabs you have installed?
Old 09-19-2010, 11:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

lovingHDTV is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlovingHDTV is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlovingHDTV is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

OK I screwed up my quick menu from the start soft button. I was looking at the x-button app, and don't believe I changed anything, but I did a save and restart AMeBA. Now when I hit the start soft button nothing happens.

I can make changes to x-button, like setting it to open quick menu, but that just makes it start arkswitch

I switched back to the original start menu, and switched back, but still no quick menu love. It does come up when I hit the start menu hard button.

Anyone know how I can get this working again without a reflash?

thanks,
dave

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development