PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2010, 06:46 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

DatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to DatBoiDame Send a message via MSN to DatBoiDame Send a message via Yahoo to DatBoiDame Send a message via Skype™ to DatBoiDame
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Aug 28| 21914|23127 * Sense 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacious View Post
So HTC is now telling me that HTCtweet is a twitter app, not an HTC app even though it came preloaded on my phone, but twitter claims to know nothing about it. Sounds like we're on our own.
Would still like to know if people using the newest packages from the Oboe (newest energy roms) are having these same troubles. Anyone?
Newest ROMs having the issue also.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 08-31-2010, 07:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

muzik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmuzik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmuzik is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to muzik
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Aug 28| 21914|23127 * Sense 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacious View Post
I think it's everyone not just energy rom users. The twitter person I contacted confirmed what I thought about the new OAuth for the twiitter API and HTCtweet so I'm going to contact HTC maybe and see what I can find out.

Twitter says they've announced this change since December and that developers should have been able to make the transition by now.

Anyone know if the newest versions of HTCtweet are working? I'm using Energy May 18 still because everything works perfectly for me up til today. I flashed a few later, but then flashed back. I'd flash latest if that was the solution.
One of my sons is a senior programmer for Twitter. He posted earlier today that the change was coming. I use Mo'tweets and it won't connect either....You'd think as the dad....oh well. (LOL)

EDIT: IT wouldn't work all day but just tried it after writing this and it updated (Mo'Tweets).

Last edited by muzik; 08-31-2010 at 07:31 PM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 08-31-2010, 07:50 PM
VIP Member

DatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to DatBoiDame Send a message via MSN to DatBoiDame Send a message via Yahoo to DatBoiDame Send a message via Skype™ to DatBoiDame

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzik View Post
One of my sons is a senior programmer for Twitter. He posted earlier today that the change was coming. I use Mo'tweets and it won't connect either....You'd think as the dad....oh well. (LOL)

EDIT: IT wouldn't work all day but just tried it after writing this and it updated (Mo'Tweets).
Thanks for passing the info! U've been thanked

EDIT: Glad Mo'Tweets is working but HTC Peep (Twitter Tab) is still a No-Go
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-31-2010, 08:14 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

PrsnlCrcl is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPrsnlCrcl is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPrsnlCrcl is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPrsnlCrcl is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPrsnlCrcl is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chasjr_72 View Post
Same for me. Even tried Mighty's ROM and back to stock sprint ROM then back to Energy. Still get the SOD after calls? Will not come out of sleep after phone call. Using 8.28. Tried everything I can think of.
I see I am not the only one having this issue. I have no other issues with the ROM, but having to reset after a phone call is getting old. Does anyone know how to resolve this? Thanks.
Old 08-31-2010, 08:30 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO/BOLD/Photon
Carrier: Sprint!

relisted is keeping up the good workrelisted is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to relisted Send a message via Skype™ to relisted

tap and hold on screen tap select. then highlight what you need

If someone helps you,click the "THANKS" button!
Or consider donating to chef or your rom!
Old 08-31-2010, 08:30 PM
Elite PPCGeeks Member
Carrier: Fido(Can), Alfa(Leb), Jawal(Ksa)

bteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIP

I have been having this problem and been able to replicate it in every rom with Oboe based packages.

Whenever I want to write a new SMS, I type the contact's name but the suggestion names doesn't come up. I have to backspace once to get the contact suggestions.

Anyone having this issue?
Old 08-31-2010, 08:41 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bteljuice View Post
I have been having this problem and been able to replicate it in every rom with Oboe based packages.

Whenever I want to write a new SMS, I type the contact's name but the suggestion names doesn't come up. I have to backspace once to get the contact suggestions.

Anyone having this issue?
I only have this issue when the Swype keyboard is selected. Its been an issue with that keyboard but all others work fine with contact suggestions
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 08-31-2010, 08:48 PM
Elite PPCGeeks Member
Carrier: Fido(Can), Alfa(Leb), Jawal(Ksa)

bteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatBoiDame View Post
I only have this issue when the Swype keyboard is selected. Its been an issue with that keyboard but all others work fine with contact suggestions
Oh good, so its just not me. you got thanks bro.

Well you cant get everything. Swype is the best keyboard software out there, but that's one downside we'll have to live with.

I heard Swype is bad ass with them 4.3" capacitive screens.
Old 08-31-2010, 08:55 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bteljuice View Post
Oh good, so its just not me. you got thanks bro.

Well you cant get everything. Swype is the best keyboard software out there, but that's one downside we'll have to live with.

I heard Swype is bad ass with them 4.3" capacitive screens.
Got ya back!
I must agree, texting is a breeze with swype and i dont mind that minor downside like u said. I used it once on a friend's hd2 and i am impressed.
Old 08-31-2010, 09:22 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: tp2
Carrier: boostmobile

marcoss is a n00b

hello i installed this rom Energy.RHODCDMA.21914.Sense2.5.Cookie.Aug.18. i am using tp2 on boostmobile. some times when i open msn messenger it automatically closed from task manager when i open another program like opera or internet explorer. do you know what rom do i need ? i don't want msn been closed everytime i open new program.
thank you.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development