PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2009, 12:12 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: RazrMaxx
Carrier: vzw

cbreze is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcbreze is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcbreze is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thumbs down Re: |CR|6.5.1|ROM|WWE| ★ EnergyROM "Leo" (23081/21864) ★ |Oct 25| ★ Latest Manila 2.5

First of all I'm not cutting down NRG's expertise at rom cooking at all and I've found his energy roms a real treat on my gsm pro and touch HD. I used them exclusively on both those devices. But,I've been trying out the nov 3 v. of the 21864 and find lots of issues. Was wondering if others are having these as I have not seen them mentioned with all the other more common probs.
1. When my screen rotates to landscape 9 times out of 10 tries it goes blank. I would just disable screen rotation but under tf3d options I do not find it, although it was on the stock rom.
2. The verizon keyboard fix cab has no effect and my symbols are still all f'd up and hit/miss. Some letters also.
3. When I go to my mail and press option for new, it just stays on the main inbox screen and I cannot send mail at all as it won't give me the correct screen. Same when I try to enter email client from the action button option.
4. My received emails don't scroll with a finger flick like on the stock. I kinda miss that feature.
I know there are lots of tweaks floating around for certain issues, some work , some don't. I've tried some and don't want to spend all the neccessary time to hunt down the rest that may or may not work.
Some things work, some things don't. This is just my $.02
Battery life btw is not terribly bad , but def not as good as stock. I know the energy roms are tweaked for speed so as far as that goes the battery life is probably acceptable.
There were several other smaller issues, I won't get into. I know alot of you out there are big into custom roms, as I am, but it basically comes down to what works for ya and what you need to work reliably.
I dig the overall eyecandy appeal. I'm not cutting the rom down for certain issues I'm having, but I think I'll go back to stock. For once verizon has hit a home run with a stock release rom and stability is rather high on my list and a nice feature. So I'm going to go back to stability land and maybe check out some more custom stuff later down the road.
Cheers,
Old 11-06-2009, 12:21 PM
GTX Team Member
Pocket PC: Epic! (Evo and TP2 on standby)
Carrier: Sprint

Scientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: |CR|6.5.1|ROM|WWE| ★ EnergyROM "Leo" (23081/21864) ★ |Oct 25| ★ Latest Manila 2.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbreze View Post
First of all I'm not cutting down NRG's expertise at rom cooking at all and I've found his energy roms a real treat on my gsm pro and touch HD. I used them exclusively on both those devices. But,I've been trying out the nov 3 v. of the 21864 and find lots of issues. Was wondering if others are having these as I have not seen them mentioned with all the other more common probs.
1. When my screen rotates to landscape 9 times out of 10 tries it goes blank. I would just disable screen rotation but under tf3d options I do not find it, although it was on the stock rom.
There is no landscape for manila 2.5 (with the exception of the music & photos tab)...that's why your screen goes blank. Nothing can be done about this if the rom includes manila 2.5
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 11-06-2009, 12:27 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

Boushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Boushh Send a message via MSN to Boushh
Re: |CR|6.5.1|ROM|WWE| ★ EnergyROM "Leo" (23081/21864) ★ |Oct 25| ★ Latest Manila 2.5

Quote:
2. The verizon keyboard fix cab has no effect and my symbols are still all f'd up and hit/miss. Some letters also.
3. When I go to my mail and press option for new, it just stays on the main inbox screen and I cannot send mail at all as it won't give me the correct screen. Same when I try to enter email client from the action button option.
4. My received emails don't scroll with a finger flick like on the stock. I kinda miss that feature.
I know there are lots of tweaks floating around for certain issues, some work , some don't. I've tried some and don't want to spend all the neccessary time to hunt down the rest that may or may not work.
Some things work, some things don't. This is just my $.02
Battery life btw is not terribly bad , but def not as good as stock. I know the energy roms are tweaked for speed so as far as that goes the battery life is probably acceptable.
There were several other smaller issues, I won't get into. I know alot of you out there are big into custom roms, as I am, but it basically comes down to what works for ya and what you need to work reliably.
I dig the overall eyecandy appeal. I'm not cutting the rom down for certain issues I'm having, but I think I'll go back to stock. For once verizon has hit a home run with a stock release rom and stability is rather high on my list and a nice feature. So I'm going to go back to stability land and maybe check out some more custom stuff later down the road.
Cheers,
1. Manila 2.5 does not support landscape mode in any tab except for pictures and music.

2. It's worked for most of us. Did you use the one that NRG posted on the second page??? If you try and use MightMike's on this ROM it will not work. Did you soft reset after you installed it?

3 + 4. are you using Manila messenger or the default old windows tmail program? If you're using Manila messenger I suggest disabling it nor will I try and sort out any problems with it (sorry, I just don't think it's worth it for such an unstable client anyway), but I can't help with those until I know which one your using.

As posted in the first post, this is a beta version of Manila so this ROM will be buggy, but it's the price for the bleeding edge. I highly recommend NRGZ photon ROM if you want something rock solid stable with good all around qualities, battery life and still something new and running windows mobile 6.5. Seriously, flash that and run it for 12 hours before you go back to stock. Thanks for posting!
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 11-06-2009, 12:34 PM
Regular 'Geeker

cbreze is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcbreze is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcbreze is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scientific View Post
There is no landscape for manila 2.5 (with the exception of the music & photos tab)...that's why your screen goes blank. Nothing can be done about this if the rom includes manila 2.5
Thanks, That clears that up.
Old 11-06-2009, 12:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

fryjr82 is keeping up the good workfryjr82 is keeping up the good work

My Verizon Keyboard Fix works for my Nov 3rd 21864 build!!!
Old 11-06-2009, 12:39 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boushh View Post
As posted in the first post, this is a beta version of Manila so this ROM will be buggy, but it's the price for the bleeding edge. I highly recommend NRGZ photon ROM if you want something rock solid stable with good all around qualities, battery life and still something new and running windows mobile 6.5. Seriously, flash that and run it for 12 hours before you go back to stock. Thanks for posting!
Thanks, I'm hip to bleeding edge.Lol. But I will try the photon on my way out the door. I was maybe under the wrong impression, but thought it was the beta not this one. Thanks for that tip.
Old 11-06-2009, 12:39 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: verizon

arod23 is a n00b

nice work!!!!
I have a quick question and don't know if it was answered. Why every time I tried to set up my LIVE email account it's sending me to the hotmail site instead of sending the email to my phone? can this be fixed?
Old 11-06-2009, 12:50 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Boushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Boushh Send a message via MSN to Boushh

Quote:
Thanks, I'm hip to bleeding edge.Lol. But I will try the photon on my way out the door. I was maybe under the wrong impression, but thought it was the beta not this one. Thanks for that tip.
no, the 21864 build of the photon ROM is not beta, rock solid. the 23xxx build is a beta build of windows mobile 6.5.1, but I've heard good things about it, not tried it myself though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arod23 View Post
nice work!!!!
I have a quick question and don't know if it was answered. Why every time I tried to set up my LIVE email account it's sending me to the hotmail site instead of sending the email to my phone? can this be fixed?
are you using the mail setup wizard to setup your live email account or are you using the live app/widget thing?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-06-2009, 01:00 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: verizon

arod23 is a n00b

I'm using the mail setup wizard. i was able to set it up the first time. I deleted it because I was not getting emails on time. when I tried to set it up agian I clicked on manual set up, since them it has been taken me to the website instead of setting it up in the phone. hope it makes sence.
Old 11-06-2009, 01:13 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

mjmellin is a n00b

I just tried to send a text message and it will not allow me to go the messaging screen. I ran the MMS fixes for the Verizon TP2 did I miss a fix?

Thanks.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development