PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-27-2010, 03:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: VZN

tyty1978 is keeping up the good worktyty1978 is keeping up the good worktyty1978 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: (¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- 'Energy' |May 16| 21903|23569 -.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jihadi View Post
Hmmmm, actually it couldn't have been the disable HTC messaging cab that messed it up because the problem existed BEFORE running said cab. I ran the cab hoping it would fix the issue. I hope hard reset isnt my only option. I have just spent SO MUCH time customizing and configuring. I would rather shoot myself in the leg than have to start all over again
honestly with a glitch like that i would task29 then reflash.... but make sure when you shoot your leg you use a bb gun or something lol
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-27-2010, 03:48 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G - TP2
Carrier: Sprint

Riptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to Riptide9
Re: (¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- 'Energy' |May 16| 21903|23569 -.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jihadi View Post
Hmmmm, actually it couldn't have been the disable HTC messaging cab that messed it up because the problem existed BEFORE running said cab. I ran the cab hoping it would fix the issue. I hope hard reset isnt my only option. I have just spent SO MUCH time customizing and configuring. I would rather shoot myself in the leg than have to start all over again
It has to be something that was installed... The sms works fine out of the box. If it didn't for you... then you might want to consider using Task29 before your next flash (Task29 attached) Video Demo

What does Task 29 do = It formats the partition drive of your device where the ROM resides.

Why use this = it is observed and several ROM cooks even advice to do this prior to flashing in the HD2 thread that it gives a thorough cleaning of the partition, removing any leftover junks thereby giving a fresh partition for the ROM to operate

Simple Step by Step:
  1. Connect to PC via Active Sync/WMDC.
  2. Execute Task 29.
  3. When phone boots to "Touch Pro 2" screen (or whatever your splash screen happens to be), I hold down the volume down button while hitting the reset button.
  4. Once I'm on the Bootloader screen, and it shows "USB", I flash the new ROM from the PC as I normally would.
  5. When the phone vibrates, indicating the ROM upgrade is complete, I disconnect the phone from the computer.
Also, if you flash alot... I mean who doesn't... You need to spend some time using something like Sashimi. It will install all your programs and settings for you after a flash. (see the link)

Here are some awesome video tutorials on Sashimi

Demonstration
01 Basics
02 Copying Files
03 Customizing Shortcuts

View these and spend some time and you won't ever care how many time or how often you want to flash a new rom.

BTW - Don't forget to use NRGZ Settings Exporter also
Attached Files
File Type: zip Task29.zip (452.9 KB, 169 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: cab SASHIMI AutoInstaller RAW 8.0.cab (3.06 MB, 87 views) Click for barcode!
Hit the Thanks! or your phone will turn into an iPhone and all the other kids will point and laugh at you!
This post has been thanked 11 times.
Old 05-27-2010, 04:12 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

Boushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Boushh Send a message via MSN to Boushh

Quote:
Originally Posted by arn24 View Post
Just flashed the Cookie ROM. Second flash ever, and this is very slick!

Couple of questions tho;

When I open 'Notifications', it says Sprint - Connected. I'm on Verizon. Is this normal? I didn't run any sort of 'Provisioning', yet everything works, including MMS.
For the life of me, I cannot find the setting for the keyboard backlight setting. Could someone point me to it?

I'm sure I'll have some other question once I've used this for a couple of days.

Thanks!

Aaron
Totally Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkennedy View Post
Another issue. I have experienced a couple BSOD's (Black screen of death's) with the May 22nd ROM. It happens after coming back from a locked screen and when I have emails waiting and notify is turned on or off it still happens.

Anyone else experiencing this? Also some random lock ups occurring.

Also, still no answer to my other question that Outlook email on this ROM is now blocking all attachments (ActiveSync Outlook) including attachments that have extensions that I completely made up....it is removing the files and not allowing them saying they are "unsafe"
Regarding your attachment issue, that's odd. I have gotten several emails today containing multiple attachments (.cabs and .txts) and I have been able to download them and open them without issue. Did you edit any of the attachment settings by chance?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtrush View Post
I just changed it to 0 so it is "off" I guess. It was a 1 before. Now if I only knew how to make a cab for it. LOL!
Ask and ye shall receive.
Attached Files
File Type: cab No.Note.On.Stylus.Removal-Boushh.cab (1.2 KB, 33 views) Click for barcode!

LAWL
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 05-27-2010, 05:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Verizon via NRG

spambusterdave is keeping up the good workspambusterdave is keeping up the good workspambusterdave is keeping up the good work

4 days running 5/22 25xxx MaxManilla and not a single hangup and batt life is greatly improved from the previous ROM. Great job NRG, this one's a keeper.

Only minor glitch I can see is no visual notifications when a new text message comes in. EMail, phone and calendar ones work though.
Old 05-27-2010, 06:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint - SERO

Alpine- is keeping up the good workAlpine- is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by spambusterdave View Post
4 days running 5/22 25xxx MaxManilla and not a single hangup and batt life is greatly improved from the previous ROM. Great job NRG, this one's a keeper.

Only minor glitch I can see is no visual notifications when a new text message comes in. EMail, phone and calendar ones work though.

Sounds good! When flashing to May 22, we still need to run the Sprint MMS cab and the keyboard cab, right?

I'm tempted to go from May 16 build to 22 but I "just" got everything the way I like it. Will NRG settings export and XDA_UC allow me to restore "everything"?

Why hasnt he updated the thread with changelog and everything yet?

Update: Found changes @ XDA

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmedrano1977 View Post
Changelog

May 22nd, 2010

This ROM is built in a brand new kitchen. Everything was looked over and improved / fixed.

New ROM theme, new nexus start animation and wallpapers. Very similar to the 2008 them already in the ROM before.
Improvement to touch screen sensitivity to make typing on the screen better.
Opera 9.7 upgraded to latest available version. Splash screen removed for speed.
New ring script, call waiting notification fixed.
New android style analog clock in CHT version (thanks to Ovi!)
Updated CHT Editor to .2 latest version.
Bing with navigation is back in the ROM.
New GTX theme and graphics for GTX ROMs
Funky volume changing sounds.. hehe
Several tweaks and improvements over the last week working in the kitchen every day. Didn't keep track of everything.
Enjoy the speed !

Last edited by Alpine-; 05-27-2010 at 06:37 PM.
Old 05-27-2010, 07:43 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

tkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine- View Post
Sounds good! When flashing to May 22, we still need to run the Sprint MMS cab and the keyboard cab, right?

I'm tempted to go from May 16 build to 22 but I "just" got everything the way I like it. Will NRG settings export and XDA_UC allow me to restore "everything"?

Why hasnt he updated the thread with changelog and everything yet?

Update: Found changes @ XDA
If you know all the settings regedit for your programs and settings then yes, you can bring everything back to the way you had it in a few minutes. Though, you would have to do some homework before hand to know what to back up and where do they go. And yes you still need the MMS setting cab. I don't know about the keyboard fix being necessary or not.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 05-27-2010, 07:58 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G - TP2

Riptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to Riptide9

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkedch View Post
If you know all the settings regedit for your programs and settings then yes, you can bring everything back to the way you had it in a few minutes. Though, you would have to do some homework before hand to know what to back up and where do they go. And yes you still need the MMS setting cab. I don't know about the keyboard fix being necessary or not.
Keyboard fix is still and will always be needed... Unless you still have some liquid paper left over.

Psssst .............I almost forgot....... Punch Rom!

Last edited by Riptide9; 05-27-2010 at 08:08 PM.
This post has been thanked 5 times.
Old 05-27-2010, 07:59 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

tkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riptide9 View Post
Keyboard fix is still and will always be needed... Unless you still have some liquid paper left over.
hahahaha well, i don't use my PK much so i automatically zone out on PK related fixes i guess..........
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 05-27-2010, 08:12 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC TP, TP2, EVO 4G

Biofall is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
Well no kidding, but what good does that do anybody??

~John

Way to take that out of context...

That was just saying how the ROM itself itsn't at fault..
The Kernel.... HTC Supersecret Supersonic 3.28.651.1 - unreleased OTA (thanks flipzmod!)
Old 05-27-2010, 10:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

dadoc04 is keeping up the good workdadoc04 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to dadoc04 Send a message via Yahoo to dadoc04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riptide9 View Post
This is supposed to fix it...

Changes the following reg key value from 0= off to 1= on

"HKLM\Comm\BCMSDDHD1\Parms">
"HTCKeepWifiOnWhenUnattended" value="1" datatype="integer"

Edit: just tested by making the regedit and its works perfect... This reg is going into my Sashimi
good lookin out man

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development