PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2010, 11:12 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Motorola Electrify
Carrier: USCC

swlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: (¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- 'Energy' |Apr 20| 21899|23563 -.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobius999 View Post
Has anyone figured out how to make the ereader tab useful? I searched back, and all I could find is that the Borders ereader cooked in is missing a part that allows it to search the SD card for books. Wondering if anyone has found a fix. Would be nice to actually use the tab. Currently the only way to read a book with it is going in Total Commander and clicking the epub file.

It works, but having my library on the tab would be sweet.
forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=635947

Try this. It has an indexer that is supposed to work. Let us know, I have been meaning to try but haven't gotten to it. (look like your going to have to cut and paste this one , sorry)b

Last edited by swlaraut; 04-23-2010 at 12:01 PM.
Old 04-23-2010, 11:17 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

mrstak is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: (¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- 'Energy' |Apr 20| 21899|23563 -.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.

Would installing this cab fix the issue with internet sharing not working right? I don't know if it will since that just changes the registry to enable tethering and it seems like the "waiting for network" issue is something different. Wouldn't hurt to try though. If someone could test it out that'd be great...I can't do it right now since I'm at work. Soonest I can do it is later this evening.

ftp://ppcgeeks.com/Touch%20Pro%202/U...odem%20Fix.cab
Old 04-23-2010, 12:35 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

maxwellsmart is a n00b

I wanted to thank you for your excellent work, I've been using your ROMs since October and loved everyone of them. I have caught the Android bug and ordered an HTC Incredible so ROMs are not in my future.

For anyone that might be thinking about using a custom ROM, I HIGHLY recommend you get them right here! You will not be disappointed!
Old 04-23-2010, 01:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO

Iron.Wraith is keeping up the good workIron.Wraith is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstak View Post
Would installing this cab fix the issue with internet sharing not working right? I don't know if it will since that just changes the registry to enable tethering and it seems like the "waiting for network" issue is something different. Wouldn't hurt to try though. If someone could test it out that'd be great...I can't do it right now since I'm at work. Soonest I can do it is later this evening.

ftp://ppcgeeks.com/Touch%20Pro%202/U...odem%20Fix.cab
I just tried the patch and it works fine now. Thanks !

Just a thought...was that patch made after the last "fix" by the oem's to prevent tethering ? I may be racking up some data charges right now. Not sure it would even matter though. Maybe a cook can comment.
Old 04-23-2010, 01:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

sandfox24 knows their stuffsandfox24 knows their stuffsandfox24 knows their stuffsandfox24 knows their stuffsandfox24 knows their stuffsandfox24 knows their stuff

Quote:
Has anyone figured out how to make the ereader tab useful? I searched back, and all I could find is that the Borders ereader cooked in is missing a part that allows it to search the SD card for books. Wondering if anyone has found a fix. Would be nice to actually use the tab. Currently the only way to read a book with it is going in Total Commander and clicking the epub file.

It works, but having my library on the tab would be sweet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolffer691 View Post
+1 here too havent figured this out yet kinda sucks going into my sd card all the time i even downloaded 17000 books lol!!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by swlaraut View Post

Try this. It has an indexer that is supposed to work. Let us know, I have been meaning to try but haven't gotten to it. (look like your going to have to cut and paste this one , sorry)b

I have been using the indexer. The tab will only show 20 books though. 17000 books - wow!

EbookIndexer_04.CAB
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=635947

Last edited by sandfox24; 04-23-2010 at 01:52 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-23-2010, 02:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

mrstak is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron.Wraith View Post
I just tried the patch and it works fine now. Thanks !

Just a thought...was that patch made after the last "fix" by the oem's to prevent tethering ? I may be racking up some data charges right now. Not sure it would even matter though. Maybe a cook can comment.
I believe that cab was made when the TP2 first came out to enable stealth tethering. I think all that cab does is edit those 3 registry entries to enable tethering via Sprint PCS and not require the PAM plan add on.

Did you have the same problem that I had before? With the "waiting for network" issue when trying to tether? If so and this cab fixes it, that's great news! Hopefully other people can report back with more success stories. I'll be trying this cab once I get to my gf's house tonight. If I post later tonight, hopefully it'll be through the desktop via my phone's connection! =D>

Now if only I knew what the deal was with google sync not acting properly...although now it seems to be pushing email on time. I'll try sending that cab to myself via email.
Old 04-23-2010, 02:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2

mobius999 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by swlaraut View Post

Thanks!

Funny thing is I've been to that thread before, looked at the books, and missed the cab at the bottom. Heh. The link just to download the indexer is broken, but people have listed mirrors deeper in the thread to get books+indexer as one zip.

Going through that thread I found mention of a solution that looks even better. Gonna try this first. Check it out.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=632517
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 04-23-2010, 02:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

sandfox24 knows their stuffsandfox24 knows their stuffsandfox24 knows their stuffsandfox24 knows their stuffsandfox24 knows their stuffsandfox24 knows their stuff

Quote:
Thanks!

Funny thing is I've been to that thread before, looked at the books, and missed the cab at the bottom. Heh. The link just to download the indexer is broken, but people have listed mirrors deeper in the thread to get books+indexer as one zip.

Going through that thread I found mention of a solution that looks even better. Gonna try this first. Check it out.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=632517

Sweet, Im going to try that out. I included the indexer a couple posts up.
Thanks
Old 04-23-2010, 02:20 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 EnrgyRom
Carrier: Cricket MMS, WAP, Youtube

1eyebandit is just getting started

Does anyone have a fix for the twitter home tab? Everytime I try to login it says "There was a connection error while attempting to login." Everything else work as it's supposed to. Facebook, Myspace, Youtube, etc....
Old 04-23-2010, 02:24 PM
Lurker

Markbfay is a n00b
Re: |RHODIUM|6.5|ROM|WWE| ★ EnergyROM "Leo" (23016) ★ |SOON| ★Latest Manila 2.5!★ |

EnergyROM Chef,
I want you to know that I have flashed about every ROM on this forum and I keep coming back to you! You whip up a clean, stable and classy blend of "herbs and spices" that include all the extras I love. As soon as I'm a little more flush, I'll say it with cash instead!

Just came off of GTX to your new 1.7 Cookie...De-lish!

Last edited by Markbfay; 04-23-2010 at 02:25 PM. Reason: spelling

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development