PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2010, 11:54 PM
Switching to Android
Pocket PC: SameSung S3, (retired)HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Big Red.. Unless they piss me off!

clueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |R|6.5.5|ROM|WWE| ★ Energy "Leo" 23541/21892 |Feb 26| ★ Sense 2.5.2012 / MaxMani

You can try and reflash a rom, Put your phone in airplane mode though leasat thats what I do..

It might have been just a quirk. Redownload the energy rom you wanted to use just incase it was a bad file or flash. Starting fresh never hurts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead_Cow View Post
Okay, well, I flashed back tot he stock ROM and the problem is gone.

It's possible that my issue is arising out of the fact that this is a 1st 1st gen TP2 (one of the ones from the initial batch that VZW released before they took them off the market for a time period). Who knows. This really sucks. I guess I could give Mighty Rom a try. I really thought that someone here or over on XDA would have an idea about this. I'm no dummy when it comes to stuff like this, but this totally stumps me.

Wonder what would happen if I loaded up the ROM, then gave VZW support a call?

If Someone has helped you, don't forget to thank them.
Old 03-03-2010, 11:57 PM
Switching to Android

clueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuff
Re: |R|6.5.5|ROM|WWE| ★ Energy "Leo" 23541/21892 |Feb 26| ★ Sense 2.5.2012 / MaxMani

1x is for phone calls, you can alo drop into 1x when its having a hard time keeping a good signal. But 1x you will always see for making phone calls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by herbster View Post
What were the original settings? After 3 days I still cant get mms to find the storage card so trying to restore settings back. Also having an issue with battery after many tweeks and 1x and evdo switching back and forth on this rom only. I think that is a result of some of the battery tweeks.
Old 03-04-2010, 12:02 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

herbster is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riptide9 View Post
I dont know why anyone is using a provisioning cab... you dont need to provision on Sprint... Verizon can by doing the *228 or something like that. With Sprint you could just update your prl if needed but its not necessary unless you are traveling.

For Sprint users to get MMS working?

HKLM\SOFTWARE\ArcSoft\ArcSoft MMS UA\Config\mm1\MMSCSetting\SampleMMSC
Change MmscURI key value to "http://mms.sprintpcs.com/servlets/mms" (without "")
Change all 4 WAP key values to "5120000" (without "")

HKLM\SOFTWARE\ArcSoft\ArcSoft MMS UA\Config\mm1\MMSCSetting\SampleMMSC2
Change MmscURI key value to "http://mms.sprintpcs.com/servlets/mms (without "")
Change all 4 WAP key values to "5120000" (without "")

That simple. Dont even have to install the new Arcsoft or anything.

PS - PUNCH ROM!!!!!
Can anyone help with the original settings before this reg edit?
Old 03-04-2010, 12:06 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

herbster is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by clueless25 View Post
1x is for phone calls, you can alo drop into 1x when its having a hard time keeping a good signal. But 1x you will always see for making phone calls.
I realize it will be in 1x when making a call. I am at a home location that other roms had in evdo or 3g. The location is the same and it has been this way for three days so I don't think the closest tower is having issues either. Anyone have the original settings before the mms regedit from above?
Old 03-04-2010, 12:06 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

Dead_Cow is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by clueless25 View Post
You can try and reflash a rom, Put your phone in airplane mode though leasat thats what I do..

It might have been just a quirk. Redownload the energy rom you wanted to use just incase it was a bad file or flash. Starting fresh never hurts
Well, no, I've redownloaded, tried different versions, etc etc. I did NOT put it in airplane mode for the flash, but I can't see what difference that would make since it is in bootloader mode during the flash.

I've started fresh SO many times. I'm just glad that all my contacts and mail and everything is stored on a server, rather than the phone. It makes this pretty painless.

The weird thing about this is that I CAN call out to 611. I can also receive calls, so it's obviously not a radio problem. Something in software is f'ing up and not letting the dialer step over the data. No idea.

While I'm typing this, I wonder if it's 11 digit dialing. I have all my number programmed with a "1" in front. That works for the stock ROM, but I wonder if that is translating and that's been removed somehow from the custom ROMs. It would explain why 3 digit numbers work..... hmm... maybe a few more flashes to test.
Old 03-04-2010, 12:17 AM
Switching to Android

I dont remember what the exact issue was bust someone had a problem with the phone putting a 1 infront of all the numbers. If you already have the 1 in front and its adding? check phone settings & see if its inserting to add the +1 feature. Cant remember where i seen this though...

Quote:
Well, no, I've redownloaded, tried different versions, etc etc. I did NOT put it in airplane mode for the flash, but I can't see what difference that would make since it is in bootloader mode during the flash.

I've started fresh SO many times. I'm just glad that all my contacts and mail and everything is stored on a server, rather than the phone. It makes this pretty painless.

The weird thing about this is that I CAN call out to 611. I can also receive calls, so it's obviously not a radio problem. Something in software is f'ing up and not letting the dialer step over the data. No idea.

While I'm typing this, I wonder if it's 11 digit dialing. I have all my number programmed with a "1" in front. That works for the stock ROM, but I wonder if that is translating and that's been removed somehow from the custom ROMs. It would explain why 3 digit numbers work..... hmm... maybe a few more flashes to test.
Old 03-04-2010, 12:22 AM
Switching to Android

Tower issues can be random, I get this issue of 1x atleast 2 times a month. and it is a pain as call quality sucks then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by herbster View Post
I realize it will be in 1x when making a call. I am at a home location that other roms had in evdo or 3g. The location is the same and it has been this way for three days so I don't think the closest tower is having issues either. Anyone have the original settings before the mms regedit from above?
Old 03-04-2010, 12:23 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon

TheSlyWolf is just getting started

Quote:

I've been running into this a couple times so far...what happens is your A-Key gets wiped out when you flash for some reason. The first time I flashed back to the stock 6.5 rom and called verizon from another phone but I experienced the symptoms your talking about, mine got worse over the period of a couple to a few hours and i lost everything including data. Couldn't even call the 611 or 8899 or 228 so I had to call from another phone. Anyways it seems that every time your A-key gets wiped out, version has to assign a new one and its a time sensitive window from what they told me.

The last time I flashed though was after switching to another of mikes roms and the same problem occurred, voice but no data, I just called verizon, while still on the custom rom, blamed it on the 6.5 upgrade and they gave me a new A-key. Seems like a pain, I'm thinkin about trying an energy rom and I hadn't heard the airplane mode trick yet, I may give it a whirl next. It would be nice to know if there's a for sure way to avoid this problem but I haven't seem to find one yet, please correct me if I'm wrong.
Old 03-04-2010, 12:28 AM
Switching to Android

Putting your phone in airplane mode puts it in unlock mode.. Had I known I coulda just used the hrdspl without unlocking the the other. I would have done soo.. I know you can tell on stock. dont know if it shows for you to check it out on custom roms.

when your using #228, it writes to your radio rom etc. You see it unlocks while on call.. Putting phone in airplane mode does the same.

I put in airplane mode to be sure my local wifi theif isnt on when i flash..

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSlyWolf View Post
I've been running into this a couple times so far...what happens is your A-Key gets wiped out when you flash for some reason. The first time I flashed back to the stock 6.5 rom and called verizon from another phone but I experienced the symptoms your talking about, mine got worse over the period of a couple to a few hours and i lost everything including data. Couldn't even call the 611 or 8899 or 228 so I had to call from another phone. Anyways it seems that every time your A-key gets wiped out, version has to assign a new one and its a time sensitive window from what they told me.

The last time I flashed though was after switching to another of mikes roms and the same problem occurred, voice but no data, I just called verizon, while still on the custom rom, blamed it on the 6.5 upgrade and they gave me a new A-key. Seems like a pain, I'm thinkin about trying an energy rom and I hadn't heard the airplane mode trick yet, I may give it a whirl next. It would be nice to know if there's a for sure way to avoid this problem but I haven't seem to find one yet, please correct me if I'm wrong.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-04-2010, 12:34 AM
Switching to Android

Dead_Cow : if you didnt unlock your radio.. i just remembered how could tell. I think lol.. while phone is on, check your sim card.. then put in airplance mode & check again.. I think thats the function i deiscovered,, didnt know till later you dont have to unlock radio unless you plan on upgrading radio

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development