PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2009, 03:05 AM
HI Fly Guy
Pocket PC: TP2 Swimmin' w/ the Sharkie's
Carrier: On da NOW...4 NOW!

kjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] [11/28/09] Juicy Rhodium_W R5 (21882) [SENSE UI] [XDA_UC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by brol1k View Post
Use HD tweaks to disable it..its what i use bro, works flawlessly
thanks but i rather have the reg. cuz i then use import reg. w/ xda_uc instead b/c that way its already done and i dont have to go threw all the settings in hd tweak to find the 1 i need

i do appreciate it thou and still if any 1 can point me to that reg to stop sip auto pop up, thanks

EDIT: i found this on another thread, i had to make new key DWORD in hkcu\controlpanel\sip\TurnOffAutoDeploy set to 1, this key wasnt found on R5, and this reg. edit is for stopping sip from auto popping up

Last edited by kjhadfield; 11-29-2009 at 03:35 AM. Reason: found
Old 11-29-2009, 03:18 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

muzicman82 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to muzicman82 Send a message via MSN to muzicman82 Send a message via Yahoo to muzicman82 Send a message via Skype™ to muzicman82

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjhadfield View Post
best bet would to start looking into the reg. i posted a long time ago some manila settings found in the reg. search in this thread 'HKCU' and you will pull up some and look for my posts.

i been finding manila settings in ; hkcu\software\htc\manila -such as backround wall paper, weather cities & world clock, fahrenheit vs celcuis.

i think i just found twitter app settings in hkcu\software\htc\twitterapp ; dont see a long in thou.

dont know if this might be the people tab fav order, if you try it let me know if it works ; hkcu\software\htc\people\favoriteorder ;??? (i tried using that app back myfavs up and it restored but not in the same order and w/ duplicate contacts)

here agian is your 'me' contact card ; hkcu\software\htc\people\ownerinfo ;

maybe for facebook log in??? ; hkcu\software\microsoft\facebook

hklm\software\htc\manila\home ; possibly save home tab quick links???

hklm\software\htc\manila\internetpush\enabled ; internet tab push pages

edit: i think i found user name and passward/log in for facebook, twitter and youtube all in ; hklm\software\htc\htcaccountmanager

alright im done getting lost in the reg. sum1 else care to look further into useful reg. for saving info, pls share?
Yeah I found what looked like login info for Manilla's Facebook & Twitter, which I think is different than the Windows Mobile Facebook application, and Facebook seems to work by just importing the saved keys, but Twitter gives me errors. Something about being forbidden. If I logout, then re-enter my password to login, all is fine, but the point is not to have to. If anyone has any info on provisioning logins, please share!

On another topic, some CABs I install prompt for reboot after they are done. If I put them in XDA_UC for auto install, they still prompt. How can I prevent that so I don't have to hit cancel for the Customization to continue?
Old 11-29-2009, 03:30 AM
HI Fly Guy

kjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzicman82 View Post

On another topic, some CABs I install prompt for reboot after they are done. If I put them in XDA_UC for auto install, they still prompt. How can I prevent that so I don't have to hit cancel for the Customization to continue?
did you put those cabs (the ones that prompt you to soft reset) in XDA_UC\SD??? cuz if they are thats why it gives the prompt, anything in the SD part of the uc folder is user interactions (so you can choose install on sd) if you dont want the prompt then put them in the xda_uc folder not in sd and it shouldnt prompt for soft boot but it will not give you option of install either.

but when everything is installed you will need to soft reset in order for the changes to be made for those certain cabs.
Old 11-29-2009, 03:42 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G - Rooted

El Ha$oN is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via MSN to El Ha$oN
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.7 (WindowsMobile; PPC; Opera Mobi/35541; U; en; Presto/2.1.1))

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisCicc
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivwonka View Post
if you r referring to the bsb gconfig app, i tried it once but didnt give it much of a chance. i already know all my settings for gyrator (and you don't even know its there if u make it exclusive n task manager, except takes 2% of your mem), but maybe i will revisit sometime. any tips?
See my post here for an explanation. Works great, and saves battery life and memory.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...2&postcount=31
hey thanks for this, now i am interest in doing the samething for a different program i have installed on my storage card, how would i go about adding the string value and wat to call tbe values that need to be created.
Old 11-29-2009, 03:44 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

out3rheaven is becoming a great contributor

Can anyone direct me to the landscape cab/ tread.. i found the one at xda but i kno theres one here on ppcgeeks.

Juicy Rom FTW!

Juicy Rom R2 = 9/10
MightyRom = 9.5/10
Energy Leo Rom =7/10
Reflections Rom = 1/10 (bootleg - thought i bricked my phone)

LA LAKERS HD WALLPAPER
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...1&postcount=27
Old 11-29-2009, 03:51 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Send a message via AIM to muzicman82 Send a message via MSN to muzicman82 Send a message via Yahoo to muzicman82 Send a message via Skype™ to muzicman82

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjhadfield View Post
did you put those cabs (the ones that prompt you to soft reset) in XDA_UC\SD??? cuz if they are thats why it gives the prompt, anything in the SD part of the uc folder is user interactions (so you can choose install on sd) if you dont want the prompt then put them in the xda_uc folder not in sd and it shouldnt prompt for soft boot but it will not give you option of install either.

but when everything is installed you will need to soft reset in order for the changes to be made for those certain cabs.
Yeah, they are just in XDA_UC, not the SD folder.
Old 11-29-2009, 04:00 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scientific View Post
I DID NOT have to install the arcsoft cab file to send/receive MMS...here's all I did:

made the registry edit:

HKLM\System\Inbox\ExternalAccounts and changing the name of the SMS key to SMS.htc

And updated the MMS server settings in HTC messaging

Thats it...can receive MMS in htc messaging, still need to send MMS through WM interface.
OK, I did this, now where can I find the server settings for Sprint for MMS? I've gone back a few pages and don't see any. All I see is the above registry fix and more of those Arcsoft cabs, which I haven't installed based on reports that I don't need it.
Old 11-29-2009, 04:11 AM
HI Fly Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzicman82 View Post
Yeah, they are just in XDA_UC, not the SD folder.
i dunno then, cuz it doesnt do that 4 me. like the rhodiumkbcontroler.cab; on normal install it will ask 4 you 2 soft reset. but i have that cab in my xda_uc folder and it never has prompt me to soft reset. so since i know it needs to be done in order 2 work after the uc is complete i soft reset everytime, just gotten used to that as a habit now.
Old 11-29-2009, 04:13 AM
JZ*
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: SPRINT

JZ* is keeping up the good workJZ* is keeping up the good workJZ* is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scientific View Post
I DID NOT have to install the arcsoft cab file to send/receive MMS...here's all I did:

made the registry edit:

HKLM\System\Inbox\ExternalAccounts and changing the name of the SMS key to SMS.htc

And updated the MMS server settings in HTC messaging

Thats it...can receive MMS in htc messaging, still need to send MMS through WM interface.
So are you talking about these sprint settings?:
IP Address: blank
Port number: 80
Server address:
http://mms.sprintpcs.com (note: ignore the /servlets/mms at the end which a lot of people are saying. That may work too, but I flashed back to stock and took a look and they do not use it on the address)
Connect via: Sprint (assumes you completed provisioning, TELUS otherwise)
Send limit: 1024 KB
(note: can be changed in registry, but doesn't matter yet as sending isn't working)
WAP version: none
(note: this is key!!!! will not work on other WAP versions)

Old 11-29-2009, 05:54 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

out3rheaven is becoming a great contributor

Im having an issue with the stock manila 2.5 weather tab. My current default location is wrong. My gps location in google maps is correct but not on weather tab. Can anyone else verify is this is an issue with R5

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development