PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2009, 01:06 AM
VIP Duck
Pocket PC: RAPHAEL / TOPAZ / RHODIUM
Carrier: Verizon

NinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] [11/23/09] Juicy Rhodium_W R4 (21876) [SENSE UI] [XDA_UC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2k4mach View Post
no issues. i have 10gb's of mp3's on my sd card and the only time it skips is when i utilize the long end key to activate the device lock. and its maybe a 2second skip then it plays steady as always.
I experienced problems playing music as well. The trigger seemed to be putting a headset in or out while playing music. It would then just freeze.
Old 11-29-2009, 01:10 AM
Android Convert
Pocket PC: Epic 4g
Carrier: Sprint

1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to 1999TL
Re: [ROM] [11/28/09] Juicy Rhodium_W R5 (21882) [SENSE UI] [XDA_UC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by godslunatk View Post
how did you get mms to work on R5? did you install the arcsoft cab? or When i go into poutlook/cdma servers there is nothing there. in GSM servers it says sprint. I flashed twice and got the same results each time.
I installed this cab, which I also install on Mighty's. NRG uses a different MMS sprint fix cab though.
Old 11-29-2009, 01:12 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

godslunatk is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1999TL View Post
I installed this cab, which I also install on Mighty's. NRG uses a different MMS sprint fix cab though.
ok thanks. I have that one too. i was under the impression we didn't need it. Thanks for the clarification.
Old 11-29-2009, 01:14 AM
JZ*
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: SPRINT

JZ* is keeping up the good workJZ* is keeping up the good workJZ* is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by godslunatk View Post
ok thanks. I have that one too. i was under the impression we didn't need it. Thanks for the clarification.

Me too...so this is still needed...or just the registry edit?
Old 11-29-2009, 01:17 AM
Android Convert

1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JZ* View Post
Me too...so this is still needed...or just the registry edit?
Both.

I zipped up the reg file that I exported earlier.
Attached Files
File Type: zip SMS.htc.zip (356 Bytes, 81 views) Click for barcode!
Old 11-29-2009, 01:19 AM
JZ*
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: SPRINT

JZ* is keeping up the good workJZ* is keeping up the good workJZ* is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Both.

I zipped up the reg file that I exported earlier.

So why not just cook this in, cause its' intended to be temporary?

DO you just unzip this and throw into XDA_UC?

Last edited by JZ*; 11-29-2009 at 01:21 AM.
Old 11-29-2009, 01:33 AM
GTX Team Member
Pocket PC: Epic! (Evo and TP2 on standby)

Scientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

I DID NOT have to install the arcsoft cab file to send/receive MMS...here's all I did:

made the registry edit:

HKLM\System\Inbox\ExternalAccounts and changing the name of the SMS key to SMS.htc

And updated the MMS server settings in HTC messaging

Thats it...can receive MMS in htc messaging, still need to send MMS through WM interface.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-29-2009, 01:40 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro and Touch Pro 2

cflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Guess that's what I was wondering. No big deal now that I know. But we should have had the option to just see Text messages.

On another not, I have to get used to not sliding open the keyboard when replying to a msg after i open HTC messaging. it locks up the device.
Pretty sure you can keep it from locking up as long as you make sure the SIP is closed before you slide open the hardware keyboard. Works for me at least.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-29-2009, 01:43 AM
Android Convert

Quote:
Originally Posted by cflynt View Post
Pretty sure you can keep it from locking up as long as you make sure the SIP is closed before you slide open the hardware keyboard. Works for me at least.
Good to know.
Old 11-29-2009, 03:01 AM
HI Fly Guy
Pocket PC: TP2 Swimmin' w/ the Sharkie's
Carrier: On da NOW...4 NOW!

kjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzicman82 View Post
Wow, just got my phone setup after flashing to R4. Now I'm going to start on R5.

How do I save preferences to the Sense UI to be restored via XDA_UC? I'd also like to know how to export/restore things like logins to Facebook, Twitter, Google Maps, Telenav and my registration info for Sprite Backup and Kinoma Play.

Any help would be great!
best bet would to start looking into the reg. i posted a long time ago some manila settings found in the reg. search in this thread 'HKCU' and you will pull up some and look for my posts.

i been finding manila settings in ; hkcu\software\htc\manila -such as backround wall paper, weather cities & world clock, fahrenheit vs celcuis.

i think i just found twitter app settings in hkcu\software\htc\twitterapp ; dont see a long in thou.

dont know if this might be the people tab fav order, if you try it let me know if it works ; hkcu\software\htc\people\favoriteorder ;??? (i tried using that app back myfavs up and it restored but not in the same order and w/ duplicate contacts)

here agian is your 'me' contact card ; hkcu\software\htc\people\ownerinfo ;

maybe for facebook log in??? ; hkcu\software\microsoft\facebook

hklm\software\htc\manila\home ; possibly save home tab quick links???

hklm\software\htc\manila\internetpush\enabled ; internet tab push pages

edit: i think i found user name and passward/log in for facebook, twitter and youtube all in ; hklm\software\htc\htcaccountmanager

alright im done getting lost in the reg. sum1 else care to look further into useful reg. for saving info, pls share?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development