PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2009, 01:01 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Iusacell

edgaracevedo is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM][KITCHEN] Juicy_RhodiumW_65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juicy47 View Post

Hi Juccy, do you know how can I make works the animated weather in todays screen?, my brother has the TP2, and with your rom it is posible, but I want to add this fantastic function to mi HTC Imagio, I dont know what to do, maybe I need Sense UI 2.1, or something else?, I hope you please help me. Thnx.
Old 11-28-2009, 01:03 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2 / Blackberry 9700
Carrier: TELUS Mobility
Threadstarter

Juicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation level
Re: [ROM] [11/23/09] Juicy Rhodium_W R4 (21876) [SENSE UI] [XDA_UC]

R5 - IN DEVELOPMENT
================================================== ====
[ ] CE OS 5.2.21882 Build 21882 AKU 5.0.84
[#] Telus Carrier Cab *thanks Juggalo_X* (TELUS users must install the cab now)
[#] Sprint Carrier Cab *thanks Juggalo_X*
[#] Verizon Carrier Cab *thanks Juggalo_X*
[#] USC Carrier Cab *thanks Juggalo_X*
[#] Generic Carrier Cab *thanks Juggalo_X*
[#] Fixed duplicate connections for VZW users
Old 11-28-2009, 01:06 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC T7380
Carrier: Sprint

Mutiny32 knows their stuffMutiny32 knows their stuffMutiny32 knows their stuffMutiny32 knows their stuffMutiny32 knows their stuffMutiny32 knows their stuff
Send a message via ICQ to Mutiny32 Send a message via AIM to Mutiny32 Send a message via MSN to Mutiny32 Send a message via Skype™ to Mutiny32

Been on R4 for awhile now. No offense to Juicy, but R4 is what we call in the Linux/software world a "regression." I'm on my phone, so correct me if I'm wrong, but it's most likely due to the switch to the USC 6.5 CDMA base. That's understandable.

If you guys want to revert to R3, I have it up on my mirror (that Juicy still won't use, his loss) :
http://ppc.mutiny32.com/JuicyROM/
Old 11-28-2009, 01:07 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Juicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny32 View Post
B

een on R4 for awhile now. No offense to Juicy, but R4 is what we call in the Linux/software world a "regression." I'm on my phone, so correct me if I'm wrong, but it's most likely due to the switch to the USC 6.5 CDMA base. That's understandable.

If you guys want to revert to R3, I have it up on my mirror (that Juicy still won't use, his loss) :
http://ppc.mutiny32.com/JuicyROM/
why was it a regression? care to explain? I know there are MMS and connection issues, which I said I would fix for R5.

Performance wise, R4 is better by far
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 11-28-2009, 01:08 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

ivwonka is keeping up the good workivwonka is keeping up the good workivwonka is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirkDiggler View Post
Looks good! And someone said it was worthless...LOL....what version of gyrator did you use? Can you post the cab?
I don't think he would like it if i posted the cab. i am using latest version found here:
http://gyrator.brins0.net/?page=downloads

Quote:
Originally Posted by fzrrich View Post
how did u get hd walls to work? can u post cab? i got a christmas theme cab from another thread and installed it to the device and nothing happened
you need an hd walls for manila 2.5 try these, though there are others and these are not in landscape yet:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=96977

Edit: and landscape still sometimes just shows a black screen. everything else still works when this is happening though. oh well landscape is still very beta

Last edited by ivwonka; 11-28-2009 at 01:11 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 11-28-2009, 01:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

937dytboi is a n00b

yes ive read through the thread and did everything for the mms to work and its still a no go.

sms tends to have issues itself
Old 11-28-2009, 01:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP Deuce

DirkDiggler is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivwonka View Post
In case anyone wants to know, I installed the landscape, maxmanila, and hd walls all on r4 and it is working & looking sweet! IMO anyway. It works well enough I even installed gyrator and just let it rotate everything!
Did you do anything special to get the wallpaper to go all the way across the screen in landscape? Mine is cutoff about leaving about 1/4 screen black?

Edit: How did you fix this issue?

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...9&postcount=41

Last edited by DirkDiggler; 11-28-2009 at 01:44 PM.
Old 11-28-2009, 01:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

crookdbill is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcrookdbill is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcrookdbill is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcrookdbill is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcrookdbill is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Man, I really don't know what is going on here. I have R4 installed on 2 phones and they both run flawlessly. In fact, there is a big difference in speed between R3 and R4 the latter being the faster. I don't how I can get "lucky" twice as people are calling it, and getting R4 to work on both phones with no hick ups. I haven't soft resetted either phone in over 3 days. The issues are well documented with HTC sms being s-l-o-w, but that is part of living with 2.5, you don't like it remove it and using WM native app. I am sure that the freezing of phones people are speaking about are due to software they have loaded on the phones. I have had not had any of my phones freeze with either R3 or R4. As for the sprint users, if you can't get mms to work, you abviously are not good at following directions. I can't be that lucky to have gotten it to work on two phones on both R3 and R4 the first time. I even started a thread on it with step by step directions. As far as this quote goes "Been on R4 for awhile now. No offense to Juicy, but R4 is what we call in the Linux/software world a "regression."...Have you read what you posted, because it WAS offensive. You think you can do better Linux guy, go for it. Juicy and many others take time out of their lives to develop these roms and SHARE them with the community and I don't think trying to bash them is a proper thank you. Thank you Juicy for the most stable 2.5 BETA!!! out there. For all those disappointed in this rom, you should look up the definition of BETA for a good starting point. Ok, I feel better now.
Old 11-28-2009, 02:00 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by crookdbill View Post
Man, I really don't know what is going on here. I have R4 installed on 2 phones and they both run flawlessly. In fact, there is a big difference in speed between R3 and R4 the latter being the faster. I don't how I can get "lucky" twice as people are calling it, and getting R4 to work on both phones with no hick ups. I haven't soft resetted either phone in over 3 days. The issues are well documented with HTC sms being s-l-o-w, but that is part of living with 2.5, you don't like it remove it and using WM native app. I am sure that the freezing of phones people are speaking about are due to software they have loaded on the phones. I have had not had any of my phones freeze with either R3 or R4. As for the sprint users, if you can't get mms to work, you abviously are not good at following directions. I can't be that lucky to have gotten it to work on two phones on both R3 and R4 the first time. I even started a thread on it with step by step directions. As far as this quote goes "Been on R4 for awhile now. No offense to Juicy, but R4 is what we call in the Linux/software world a "regression."...Have you read what you posted, because it WAS offensive. You think you can do better Linux guy, go for it. Juicy and many others take time out of their lives to develop these roms and SHARE them with the community and I don't think trying to bash them is a proper thank you. Thank you Juicy for the most stable 2.5 BETA!!! out there. For all those disappointed in this rom, you should look up the definition of BETA for a good starting point. Ok, I feel better now.
thank you, but i took no offense to that poster's comment... just seekign clarity, as a blanket statement like "it's a regression" doesn't help me advance my work
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 11-28-2009, 02:05 PM
GTX Team Member
Pocket PC: Epic! (Evo and TP2 on standby)

Scientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juicy47 View Post
R5 - IN DEVELOPMENT
================================================== ====
[ ] CE OS 5.2.21882 Build 21882 AKU 5.0.84
[#] Telus Carrier Cab *thanks Juggalo_X* (TELUS users must install the cab now)
[#] Sprint Carrier Cab *thanks Juggalo_X*
[#] Verizon Carrier Cab *thanks Juggalo_X*
[#] USC Carrier Cab *thanks Juggalo_X*
[#] Generic Carrier Cab *thanks Juggalo_X*
[#] Fixed duplicate connections for VZW users
If you need someone to test MMS for sprint, lemme know!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development