PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2009, 09:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

tsantacruz is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to tsantacruz
Re: [ROM] [11/28/09] Juicy Rhodium_W R5 (21882) [SENSE UI] [XDA_UC]

I installed R5 and changed registry key to SMS.htc but when I go into sms inbox and into cdma settings, the settings box is empty. There isn't a server listed in there.

Tony
Old 11-29-2009, 09:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo / TP / TP2

JohnBecker is keeping up the good workJohnBecker is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by t0mmyr View Post
how can i backup my start menu folders/shortcuts/ renaming?

should i just copy my entire /windows/start menu/programs structure to sd card and delete the new one and copy it back over when i restore?
What I have done is I backup the \windows\start menu\programs folder to my SD card. I delete the old standards like calendar, contacts and the stuff that comes on every ROM. After flashing to a new rom, I just copy the shortcuts back. Nearly all of my apps are installed on the SD card anyway, so they are always found.

It's not recommended to overwrite the new ROM's start menu. It can leave some things not working properly. I did that once and it didn't work. If you've organized your programs into folders, you may end up with a few duplicates. Those can be deleted after you have made sure everything is working.

EVO 4G ... after 8 years of Windows Mobile devices, I've given up on WM toys and switched to Android. This is the way mobile should have been!
Old 11-29-2009, 09:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

nbaj2k is a n00b

Can someone post a link to Juicy R3? I'm trying to determine if the USC core which was added in R4 is causing the bluetooth issues I am having with my Parrot 3200 bluetooth car kit.

If that does fix the issues after talking to someone in another thread it looks like the bluetooth drivers are built in so I'd be out of luck from this point forward unless anyone knows of anyway to switch the drivers.

~J
Old 11-29-2009, 09:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

muzicman82 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to muzicman82 Send a message via MSN to muzicman82 Send a message via Yahoo to muzicman82 Send a message via Skype™ to muzicman82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nygel View Post
what all have you done so far, by installing another arcsoft program it will launch thru photo but like it is set now it will not
I tried the steps in the following posts... not all together...

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...postcount=3021

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...postcount=3097

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...postcount=3217

There's more posts, but they're all more of the same.
Old 11-29-2009, 09:51 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

davidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to davidetkin511

when i press the button on the top to turn the screen off it wont turn back on, i did a hard reset and it worked for about 5 hour then started doing it again. HELP!!!!!!!

Old 11-29-2009, 09:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HD2, Touch Pro 2, Touch Pro
Carrier: T-Mobile

coreyharris2008 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcoreyharris2008 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcoreyharris2008 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcoreyharris2008 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by t0mmyr View Post
i can help with 2 of your questions.... the backgrounds can be found @ /my documents/my wallpapers (its probably the stock hero one you're mentioning)

& install this cab to re-enable the owner information shorcut in your settings>personal screen. soft-reset to apply the changes

thankyou much, this helped, i knew it was somebody out here and i didnt know the wallpapers was in such an obvious place, i looked everywhere else
Old 11-29-2009, 09:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

quazimodem is keeping up the good workquazimodem is keeping up the good work

I'm curious if anyone has run any benchmarks on those vulcan drivers to see the difference in performance? Please post before/after if possible...
Old 11-29-2009, 09:58 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: SPRINT

Nygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzicman82 View Post
I tried the steps in the following posts... not all together...

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...postcount=3021

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...postcount=3097

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...postcount=3217

There's more posts, but they're all more of the same.
they all worked what are you trying or your steps
Old 11-29-2009, 10:00 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro and Touch Pro 2

cflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

As always it seems different phones give different results. Why, I have no clue. The ONLY thing I did to get MMS working on my Sprint phone was Flash R5, chose Sprint on the provisioning screen, rebooted. Then did registry change renaming SMS to SMS.htc and that's it. All the SMS.htc does is show the WM MMS/SMS screen in your inbox. I edited NO servers etc. My CDMA Servers tab has nothing in it. But yet I can send and receive, tested multiple times with my son. Don't know why some have issues. Hopefully ya figure it out.

You won't be able to send via the HTC Messenger you will still have to goto the Mail tab, tap inbox, slide to the SMS/MMS box and you can tap Menu and New and select Picture message. You can also goto album and select the picture from there select send via mail and select Picture message there as well.

I did not install any other Arcsoft, the new one Juicy included worked for me.

Good Luck.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-29-2009, 10:04 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

davidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to davidetkin511

what are the verizon server settings, i looked on google and in the forums but i cant find what i put in "ip address"

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development