PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2010, 12:54 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: treowx
Carrier: sprint

derrickmd18 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to derrickmd18 Send a message via Yahoo to derrickmd18
Re: + [ROM] [01/13/10] JUICY ROM (21889.5.0.87) [Landscape Sense UI] [XDA UC]

ok before I go through flashing the rom does it a way I can disable htc messanging and reinable the old messanging there the text are threaded with sense 2.5?
Old 01-15-2010, 01:10 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo3D,Evo 4g,Rhodium,BBTour,Raphael,800W,Titan
Carrier: sprint 15 yrs

unsane is becoming a great contributor

This rom is wicked fast....however no data for sprint???? Ive installed three diff carrier cabs ....but still no luck......damn it!!!
Old 01-15-2010, 01:29 AM
JZ*
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: SPRINT

JZ* is keeping up the good workJZ* is keeping up the good workJZ* is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsane View Post
This rom is wicked fast....however no data for sprint???? Ive installed three diff carrier cabs ....but still no luck......damn it!!!
Hardreset, then try again...if problem still there then flash again if needed...

I have data and it works fine for me with Sprint.

Also...seperate note...I also just tried MaxManilla 2.8 beta...works super smooth with R8 (so far )
Old 01-15-2010, 07:28 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Imagio, TP2, BB Bold, Palm Pre, Droid, iPhone 3gs
Carrier: Verizon, ATT, Sprint

iLogiK is just getting started

So can anyone tell me why the screen turns white where the wallpaper is after deleteing some tabs? I reflashed and same thing happened again. Zero other software installed.
Old 01-15-2010, 07:31 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebmorgan View Post
How could it be the "user"? Flash to stock, clear mem, soft res, flash R8, clear mem, soft res....no ringer. Nothing installed yet. That is not "user"...that is the ROM. Doesn't happen to me with MightyROM, Energy, SSS, or self-cooked off of Caulkin kitchen.

So, what's your rational for claiming it a "user" problem?
Don't you love it when someone says this??

The problem doesn't happen in any other ROM, but when it happens with this one it's user error?? Give me a break.

I finally stopped using these ROMs after that ringer issue followed me through 4 different versions of this ROM. I have not had the problem since & I install EXACTlY the same cabs/apps etc in every single ROM I ever flash.

~John
Old 01-15-2010, 09:48 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint SERO

Hivez is becoming a great contributor

I can't seem to get Sprint MMS working on R8, nor can I add/modify server settings. Each time I send a MMS it says failed. Can anyone shed some light on this?
Thanks,
J
Old 01-15-2010, 09:50 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2!
Carrier: Sprint

pastert33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpastert33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpastert33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpastert33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I also think it's funny that I've never had the ringer issue nor the YouTube issue. So SOMETHING is causing these problems!
Old 01-15-2010, 10:23 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

slopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsane View Post
So can anybody detail a definative mms for sprint fix for R8? Is it still the disable htc messaging + arcsoft or what? Reg edits? Sorry I just dont have tthe time to read through 550 pages to find an answer...thanx
Quote:
Originally Posted by derrickmd18 View Post
ok before I go through flashing the rom does it a way I can disable htc messanging and reinable the old messanging there the text are threaded with sense 2.5?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hivez View Post
I can't seem to get Sprint MMS working on R8, nor can I add/modify server settings. Each time I send a MMS it says failed. Can anyone shed some light on this?
Thanks,
J
SEEEEEEEEAAAAARCHHHHHHH if you don't want to look through pages. Start with the posts when the new Update came out. But my coffee is extra good this morning so I will repost anyway:

If you want to go the old messanging style, disable HTC messanging cab first then use the Sprint 2.1 MMS fix cab. You don't have to edit any server settings or do any reg changes! See attachment for cabs.

You can still get to HTC messaging by clicking on the message from the Sense messaging screen. Or click ALL MESSAGES to go to old style. You can view your MMS within HTC messaging but cannot send (as always, still no fix for this on Sprint).

-Dave
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-15-2010, 10:32 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: iPhone 4G
Carrier: Telus

SmknJoe knows their stuffSmknJoe knows their stuffSmknJoe knows their stuffSmknJoe knows their stuffSmknJoe knows their stuffSmknJoe knows their stuff

I can confirm the You Tube issue with this ROM.

Audio works on the first video launched, but nothing after that. You have to close, reopen the app to hear the audio again.

I've installed:

Telus Provisioning
Qik
Resco Brain Games 2009
Skyfire

I flashed R8 from Stock and hard reset after.

.... Not a huge deal, really. More like a minor annoyance!
Old 01-15-2010, 10:46 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Treo 700wx/800w/HTC TP/TP2/HD2
Carrier: Sprint/Tmobile

Improve is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to Improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedoc View Post
hey what cab you used to get the font..can you post it please..thank!!
Sure Here you go. The 1st Cab for Hands Fonts is the one you see on my screen on the last page you quoted. There is only one problem, since the font is a little larger than normal (which I like) the only issue is on the weather tab you will not get the current temp. This does not bother me as I see it on my today page and prefer the larger font. However if this botheres you install the 2nd cab (Hall Felicia) over Hand Fonts and this will correct the problem.

All credit for the making of the cabs goes to Godzson over at XDA-DEVs if you guys would like more font options here you go. they are all safe on our TP2/Rhodiums and you can install one cab on top of the other they just overwrite eachother. Enjoy!
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=471604
Attached Files
File Type: cab GODZSON - Hand Fonts.cab (114.2 KB, 6 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: cab 2GOZSON-HALL FELICIA.cab (39.9 KB, 4 views) Click for barcode!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development