PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2009, 04:05 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

daintyboy609 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] [12/27/09] Juicy Rhodium_W R7 (21887) [SENSE UI] [XDA_UC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilson View Post
I'm gonna stick to R6, seems like R7 was a balancing act like Juicy said and now that I've put in my 2 cents on issues, I'll go back to the most recent stable build and allow for Juicy to do his thing in getting an eventual R8 up and running.
+1 R6 has been flawless for me, everything from sprint tv to mms works with no problems. R6 has been the most stable of them all. Have a feeling i'm gonna be on this rom for a while until a more stable rom comes out.
Old 12-28-2009, 05:42 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

ivwonka is keeping up the good workivwonka is keeping up the good workivwonka is keeping up the good work

I'm back! Been using mostly your rom last couple months, but was out "experimenting" during r6 (please forgive my adulteress nature)! Ran the last 24 hours with r7 and really like it. The document tab is awesome! I have really been using it and there doesn't seem to be any bugs. A couple other roms have said they put it in already, but that it was very buggy. You the man juicey! I think it is a very functional tab. Mostly not for previewing, but the sub-tabs. You get to see a history, search, and look through a nicer list than thumbing through file explorer.

While I was "experimenting" I really got use to the newer windows builds. Any thoughts of trying 28011 or 28014? Maybe just as an option or a second project for you? At first I didn't like them, but with the xperia task manager that mighty used on impact it was really usable. Also, I don't know how, but David on the 7ppc rom gets apps to actually close when you touch "X." Either way, I will run this rom until somebody uses that new htc-made manila with landscape. This is noticeably more stable than anything I've been running recently.
Old 12-28-2009, 12:50 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC T7380

Mutiny32 knows their stuffMutiny32 knows their stuffMutiny32 knows their stuffMutiny32 knows their stuffMutiny32 knows their stuffMutiny32 knows their stuff
Send a message via ICQ to Mutiny32 Send a message via AIM to Mutiny32 Send a message via MSN to Mutiny32 Send a message via Skype™ to Mutiny32

I can still consistently reproduce the corrupted ringer issue by attempting to change my voicemail number in the phone settings menu. Sprint PCS.

I'm beginning to think that there may be some read-only file that shouldn't be cooked into the ROM or possibly a part of EPST is messed up. I recall there being two EPST-related executables in the stock Sprint ROM. Just throwing that one out there.

Then again, I DO have Opera 10u installed, but I broke my ringer before that was installed.

I'd really like to figure this out, as I'm expecting a lot of calls for interviews today and this week. In fact, I've already missed one today from Tampa. We have like a foot of snow in KC!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-28-2009, 12:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

craiggiarc is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by daintyboy609 View Post
+1 R6 has been flawless for me, everything from sprint tv to mms works with no problems. R6 has been the most stable of them all. Have a feeling i'm gonna be on this rom for a while until a more stable rom comes out.
+1 I agree, I like the new stuff in this ROM but having a working MMS is a requirement for me so I'm rolling back to R6 for now!
Old 12-28-2009, 01:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro2

iknowsingh is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by craiggiarc View Post
+1 I agree, I like the new stuff in this ROM but having a working MMS is a requirement for me so I'm rolling back to R6 for now!
Amen to that... and Windows Messaging is much faster than HTC Messaging... so what if it doesn't look as nice.

It works, plain and simple. I'll be sticking to R6 myself for now.. and would like to be able to strip out HTC Messaging in future revisions.. maybe an included .CAB or something. If there IS a .CAB out there (I probably missed it in this thread), just link me and I'll save it
Old 12-28-2009, 01:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

jaytv is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juicy47 View Post
Did you install Opera 10 BetaU ?
Thanks for asking, and all your hard work, but...

No, I installed nothing but your Sprint provisioning and set up gmail push (to have contacts to set ringtones for). Even before syncing with gmail, I would get "ringtone is corrupted" errors randomly in phone/options when changing from the default wm ringer.

I know not to report a bug without testing a clean rom first...that's why I said there was no consistency I could find as to the ringer bug.

Also, it was strange, but at times I would get a corrupted sound when selecting ringers in the sound tab in manilla, that sounded like pcm noise, or random bursts of static, pulsed. That was rare, however.

Last edited by jaytv; 12-28-2009 at 01:26 PM.
Old 12-28-2009, 01:41 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro
Carrier: sprint

rhogue is a n00b

Is there a way to get the upload pictures to Windows Live, similar to uploading pictures to facebook? When I go to the Windows Live application and try to upload pictures, it always fails.

Just curious if I am doing something wrong?
Old 12-28-2009, 03:10 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

FAST5 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowsingh View Post
Amen to that... and Windows Messaging is much faster than HTC Messaging... so what if it doesn't look as nice.

It works, plain and simple. I'll be sticking to R6 myself for now.. and would like to be able to strip out HTC Messaging in future revisions.. maybe an included .CAB or something. If there IS a .CAB out there (I probably missed it in this thread), just link me and I'll save it
So just to confirm, R7 now uses the HTC messaging client? I prefer Windows as well, and am running R6. I don't want to do the R7 if it has HTC messaging.

Just as an FYI, this is the most stable ROM out there, it is everything that one could want. And I've tried them all.
Old 12-28-2009, 03:11 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

fr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIP

Here is the cab to disable the crappy HTC messaging and enable WM native.
Attached Files
File Type: cab Zenyee Disable HTC Messaging 1.2.CAB (21.7 KB, 31 views) Click for barcode!
Old 12-28-2009, 03:23 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

I am still running R3 as absolutely EVERYTHING (including MMS send/receive etc) was working perfectly.

Just lately however, I started getting the "no ring on incoming call" problem. I really haven't changed anything in the system & this is kinda puzzling.

I did a hard reset last night & restored an SPB Backup from 12/20 as the ringer was working fine at that point. The ringer immediately started working & I figured "great, the problem is fixed".

The problem is, it happened again today at work. I have the phone set to ring & vibrate. It ALWAYS vibrates, but some of the time it only vibrates & fails to ring (& it never gives any kind of error)

Is there any fix for this?? I really love my current setup & REALLY don't want to go to a different ROM just to fix one single problem......

~John

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development