PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2010, 11:45 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G - Rooted
Carrier: Sprint

El Ha$oN is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to El Ha$oN
Re: + [ROM] [01/13/10] JUICY ROM (21889.5.0.87) [Landscape Sense UI] [XDA UC]

Just realized now, when i switch ringer profiles from ringer to vibrate, the icon on the top of the screen does not change when profile is changed....anyone else have this issue? i have tried reflashing to see if at first was just a bad flash but wasnt the case...any ideas?
Old 01-15-2010, 12:13 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Treo 700wx/800w/HTC TP/TP2/HD2
Carrier: Sprint/Tmobile

Improve is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to Improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Ha$oN View Post
Just realized now, when i switch ringer profiles from ringer to vibrate, the icon on the top of the screen does not change when profile is changed....anyone else have this issue? i have tried reflashing to see if at first was just a bad flash but wasnt the case...any ideas?
Hmm, thats a new one. Just tried it on my TP2 and when I switch ringer Profiles form ringer to vibrate the icon changes. Its on obvious question so please do not take offence, but do you clear storage before and after every flash? Did you flash back to stock Rom prior to flashing to R8? I almost always do to avoid strange bugs that can easily be avoided by doing it. Give these a try. Or mess around with the phone settings, hit your actual phone button>Menu>Options Scroll down to Vibrate, and try switching the vibrate option (I have it on).
Old 01-15-2010, 12:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Improve View Post
Hmm, thats a new one. Just tried it on my TP2 and when I switch ringer Profiles form ringer to vibrate the icon changes. Its on obvious question so please do not take offence, but do you clear storage before and after every flash? Did you flash back to stock Rom prior to flashing to R8? I almost always do to avoid strange bugs that can easily be avoided by doing it. Give these a try. Or mess around with the phone settings, hit your actual phone button>Menu>Options Scroll down to Vibrate, and try switching the vibrate option (I have it on).

I did perform a clear storage before and after the flash, but did not flash back to stock before flashing to R8. I usually do not do that and havent ran into any bugs up until now. I will definitely try going into the phone settings and try it that way if not then ill try flashing back to stock and then back to R8 if necessary but would want to avoid that. Thank you though!
Old 01-15-2010, 12:35 PM
JZ*
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: SPRINT

JZ* is keeping up the good workJZ* is keeping up the good workJZ* is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Ha$oN View Post
I did perform a clear storage before and after the flash, but did not flash back to stock before flashing to R8. I usually do not do that and havent ran into any bugs up until now. I will definitely try going into the phone settings and try it that way if not then ill try flashing back to stock and then back to R8 if necessary but would want to avoid that. Thank you though!
I have never cleared storage before a flash (I do after), nor have I ever flashed back to stock...I have not had adverse issues with flashing using the above. Each to their own...but I'm not sure I buy into the stock ROM thing...can't see how it could possibly make a difference...but hey, if you got the time to do it, great
Old 01-15-2010, 12:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JZ* View Post
I have never cleared storage before a flash (I do after), nor have I ever flashed back to stock...I have not had adverse issues with flashing using the above. Each to their own...but I'm not sure I buy into the stock ROM thing...can't see how it could possibly make a difference...but hey, if you got the time to do it, great

Neither have I, this would be my first time. I always did it the same way you explained, but I am not finding anything else that could possibly help me with this issue so i may need to give it a shot and see what happens. Thanks for the input.

Just as an update, i flashed back to stock, performed a clear storage, then back to R8, clear storage. and still the same bug. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by El Ha$oN; 01-15-2010 at 01:00 PM.
Old 01-15-2010, 01:03 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: sprint

kri kri is a n00b

Is there an easy way to backup sense ui and activesync to be used with xda_uc after a flash?
Old 01-15-2010, 01:09 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

Nygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuff

i have a comment, there r alot of individuals complaining about the ringer issue, my question is has anyone perform some specific testing ibsted if complaining, look a little deeper that simple stuff install, could be a combinatio or solely by installing the carrier cab, check it out and see, i personnaly have no ringer issue.
Old 01-15-2010, 01:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO 2

Dragon1587 is a n00b

juicy!!!! JUICY!!!! there are a few bugs!!!! But this is a great rom!!!!!! thanks for the hard work!!!!!!!
Old 01-15-2010, 01:15 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: PRO2/EVO4G
Carrier: SprinT

lipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIP

for peeps with the ringer issue on current and past juicy roms, is it just a random thing? or does the ringer always not work (once it starts acting up)? trying to figure out if i just havent come across it yet or if my setup doesn't cause it to happen... i wonder if it matters what ringer u pick lol
Old 01-15-2010, 01:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nygel View Post
i have a comment, there r alot of individuals complaining about the ringer issue, my question is has anyone perform some specific testing ibsted if complaining, look a little deeper that simple stuff install, could be a combinatio or solely by installing the carrier cab, check it out and see, i personnaly have no ringer issue.

the ringer works fine for me, it just the icon at the top that isn't changing when i switch the profile from ringer to vibrate. I did have this issue once before on R6 but after a clear storage the problem never came back. Now when i flashed to R8 i see the problem again so idk whats going on. The only thing i have installed in the carrier provisioning. thats it

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development