PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2009, 11:29 PM
VGhhbmtzIGZvciBwbGF5aW5nI
Pocket PC: Omnia II
Carrier: Telus

CovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] Juicy Rhodium_W R2 [SENSE UI][XDA_UC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_c_s View Post
Thx, made this reg edit and still get vibration on screen taps even after soft reset...is anybody else having this issue on Juicy? I've now changed two settings and made a reg edit, none of which appear to help. Any other overrides I can try?
Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
see if start/settings/menu/all settings/system then touch options icon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by a_c_s View Post
yep, had tried that previously... the box is definintely unchecked...
Quote:
try checking it, mines checked but doesnt vibrate. lol im not kidding.
Perhaps it's carrier specific but I tried all of these options too, and can confirm that I was unable to turn off the phone app vibrate feature too.

EDIT: Okay, just catching up from the last pages I had bookmarked, and didn't see the following post. This one did the trick! Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidMernin View Post
To disable the phone keypad vibration try:
HKLM\Software\HTC\PHONE\PhoneExtendSetting\KeyPadVibration = 0

Last edited by CovKid66; 11-09-2009 at 11:41 PM.
Old 11-09-2009, 11:29 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivwonka View Post
Anybody use their zoom bar in opera in R2? It zooms, but it also pans all the way up and left. Not very usable. Suggestions for setting changes? There are options in opera:config but its a bit much for me.
just dl 9.7 that has zoom, worked for me.
Old 11-09-2009, 11:33 PM

CovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdawg17 View Post
It's interesting how our phones can be so different...

I started with MM and although battery life was fine it didn't seem too different from stock...I've been VERY happy with Juicy's ROM and can get through the day with 70-80% battery left vs. stock/MM around 50%...and I don't notice the lag on Juicy's ROM that some of you have mentioned...

I don't know if it matters but I have not installed any kind of custom taskbar, etc so maybe that makes a difference...
I have to agree too. I have absolutely no issues with battery life on this ROM. I charge my phone overnight anyway, but on the odd occassion I've forgotten to plug it in I was surprised to find I could get it to last the next day too.

Lag has not been an issue either -even with max manilla.

It has to be related to extra apps and/or taskbars that cause the inconsistent results from user-to-user regarding performance/lag/battery.
Old 11-09-2009, 11:48 PM

Quote:
just dl 9.7 that has zoom, worked for me.
R2 comes with opera 9.7 though. I can confirm that the zoom does zoom in and out, but does pan up and to the left of the page, and does not wrap the page to the zoomed size. Personally I just use the double tap feature instead.

Last edited by CovKid66; 11-09-2009 at 11:50 PM.
Old 11-09-2009, 11:51 PM
acs tester

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by CovKid66 View Post
R2 comes with opera 9.7 though.
theres more than one 9.7 build.
Old 11-10-2009, 12:00 AM

Quote:
theres more than one 9.7 build.
Gotcha. And does the latest build not zoom to the top left as the OP mentioned? If so I'll give it a shot.
Old 11-10-2009, 12:25 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: ⒽⓉⒸ ⓉⓅ₂
Carrier: Sprint

ChrisCicc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularChrisCicc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularChrisCicc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularChrisCicc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularChrisCicc is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivwonka View Post
Anybody use their zoom bar in opera in R2? It zooms, but it also pans all the way up and left. Not very usable. Suggestions for setting changes? There are options in opera:config but its a bit much for me.
you could also double click on what you want to zoom in on

If I helped you, please remember to press thanks!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-10-2009, 12:33 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

da1stprince is keeping up the good workda1stprince is keeping up the good work

hey Juicy, got a real problem...first off let me say that this is my rom of choice with only a few minor issues to be addressed. I am currently on vacation in Jamaica, (sprint sim & sprint carrier settings installed) called sprint to subsribe to $4.99 international plan with unlimited data for $7 for 5 days (prorated) and am having problems trying to get the phone to work properly on both cdma and gsm networks. for cdma, i can connect and use data but no incoming calls while connected and dropped calls while connected to data. Gsm yields similiar results just opposite of cdma.. i manually connect to gsm network out here (digicell)-can make and recieve voice calls with no problem, but cannot connect to data- tries to dial #777 for gsm, but settings are wrong..any idea what i can do? my intentions were to flash stock rom before i left to go on vacation, but totally forgot..
Old 11-10-2009, 01:02 AM
acs tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by CovKid66 View Post
Gotcha. And does the latest build not zoom to the top left as the OP mentioned? If so I'll give it a shot.
it has the magnifying glass on left side that works like the 9.5 builds did, i think its a beta build.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-10-2009, 01:07 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2 / Blackberry 9700
Carrier: TELUS Mobility
Threadstarter

Juicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by da1stprince View Post
hey Juicy, got a real problem...first off let me say that this is my rom of choice with only a few minor issues to be addressed. I am currently on vacation in Jamaica, (sprint sim & sprint carrier settings installed) called sprint to subsribe to $4.99 international plan with unlimited data for $7 for 5 days (prorated) and am having problems trying to get the phone to work properly on both cdma and gsm networks. for cdma, i can connect and use data but no incoming calls while connected and dropped calls while connected to data. Gsm yields similiar results just opposite of cdma.. i manually connect to gsm network out here (digicell)-can make and recieve voice calls with no problem, but cannot connect to data- tries to dial #777 for gsm, but settings are wrong..any idea what i can do? my intentions were to flash stock rom before i left to go on vacation, but totally forgot..
#777 setting is a CDMA only setting

CDMA is restricted to voice OR data, not both at the same time. Hence EVDO; the last two letters are Data Only

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development