PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2009, 08:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: ⒽⓉⒸ ⓉⓅ₂
Carrier: Sprint

ChrisCicc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularChrisCicc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularChrisCicc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularChrisCicc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularChrisCicc is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] Juicy Rhodium_W R2 [SENSE UI][XDA_UC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by marketingdesigner View Post
I have Verizon and have had both running since Sunday (Finally MMS).

Juicy, will your R3 fix allow threaded on the arcsoft / winmo side of things? If MMS and SMS will work out of manilla then you don't even have to answer my question I'd prefer just using the manilla for all.
reread my post then reread his response that you quoted...

If I helped you, please remember to press thanks!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-09-2009, 09:10 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP2 & Imagio
Carrier: VZW

marketingdesigner is a n00b

It says "lets both run side by side" I'm not quite sure that means mms works in both. I'm new to winmo world. If that is what Juicy meant, that's great news. The reason I ask, the current fix that works for Verizon still forces the use of winmo side to send MMS but it allows manila 2.5 to work for regular sms. Thus it is working side by side for me, just not all inclusive. (I'm not talking about the first fix which was to downgrade, there has been a newer arcsoft release fix).
Old 11-09-2009, 09:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

ChrisCicc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularChrisCicc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularChrisCicc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularChrisCicc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularChrisCicc is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
It says "lets both run side by side" I'm not quite sure that means mms works in both. I'm new to winmo world. If that is what Juicy meant, that's great news. The reason I ask, the current fix that works for Verizon still forces the use of winmo side to send MMS but it allows manila 2.5 to work for regular sms. Thus it is working side by side for me, just not all inclusive. (I'm not talking about the first fix which was to downgrade, there has been a newer arcsoft release fix).
I have not seen any fix to get MMS working in the HTC app, so if SMS is working in both side by side, MMS likely isn't. I think what he meant was exactly what you have working now. SMS in HTC and MMS in WM. But I admit on second read it's a lot less clear...

Another thought is from my experience you don't want to be messing with text msgs outside the HTC app if you are using that, at least based on it's inability to handle restored messages.
Old 11-09-2009, 09:17 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

d-kahn is becoming a great contributor

Have any of you tried the latest max manila with this rom? I have and it is a great addition. Not that the rom needs it.
Old 11-09-2009, 09:28 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP2 & Imagio
Carrier: VZW

marketingdesigner is a n00b

Very true... I was all excited to have MMS working and to be able to still use HTC/Manila 2.5 even though manila is a bit laggy when responding (and annoying to back out of to get out of txting mode). The more I've had to go back and forth to receive/send pics... the less exciting this fix has become.

Attaching the photos is a headache, it uses the older type photo album. The messages aren't threaded and later in the day, someone will respond to a MMS I sent and I totally forget since it isn't in the HTC thread. That's my only gripe so far, which really isn't juicy's fault, I'm thinking I have a faulty TP2 though, the signal is horrible sitting next to my old treo and my work phone (imagio).

This is an excellent rom, I started liking the TP2 after Juicy's rom was installed.
Old 11-09-2009, 09:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Very true... I was all excited to have MMS working and to be able to still use HTC/Manila 2.5 even though manila is a bit laggy when responding (and annoying to back out of to get out of txting mode). The more I've had to go back and forth to receive/send pics... the less exciting this fix has become.

Attaching the photos is a headache, it uses the older type photo album. The messages aren't threaded and later in the day, someone will respond to a MMS I sent and I totally forget since it isn't in the HTC thread. That's my only gripe so far, which really isn't juicy's fault, I'm thinking I have a faulty TP2 though, the signal is horrible sitting next to my old treo and my work phone (imagio).

This is an excellent rom, I started liking the TP2 after Juicy's rom was installed.
Personally, MMS is in the nice to have category for me. I never use it to send (just default to email), and hardly anyone sends them to me despite healthy SMS usage.

Also, two phones of different models can have different reception characteristics. I still remember back in the PPC-6700 days there was an antenna stub on the top because HTC couldn't figure out how to build an all inclusive antenna. That's just to say how much variation there is in the technology from phone to phone, and how the phone reports it to the user.

Rely on dropped calls and overall data throughput to determine whether your phone is quality or not, or, direct TP2 to TP2 comparison of course
Old 11-09-2009, 10:46 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evotastic

scheel78 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularscheel78 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularscheel78 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularscheel78 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juicy47 View Post
R3 - IN DEVELOPMENT
================================================== ====
[ ] CE OS 5.2.21876 Build 21876 AKU 5.0.72
[+] Arcsoft_MMS_WM65 5_2_0_43
[#] Task_Manager 2_1_19203725_21
[#] YouTube Tweaks
[#] MMS Fix *thanks JMZ*
Thanks Juicy, patiently waiting for your next release
Old 11-09-2009, 10:56 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint TP2
Carrier: Iusacell_Mexico

LeonMx is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzed26 View Post
Anyone have luck with Sprintnav cab installation? I can't get it to install on R2 (didn't try R1). It just says "Install Unsuccessful"

Any help would be appreciated!
Hello.
I had the same issue with Cash Organizer. I tried everything....with no results, but.....I used another MSD and voilá.......I was using 16GB Sandisk MSD, and changed to 8GB Sandisk MicroSD...
Old 11-09-2009, 11:15 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

ivwonka is keeping up the good workivwonka is keeping up the good workivwonka is keeping up the good work

Anybody use their zoom bar in opera in R2? It zooms, but it also pans all the way up and left. Not very usable. Suggestions for setting changes? There are options in opera:config but its a bit much for me.
Old 11-09-2009, 11:20 PM
VGhhbmtzIGZvciBwbGF5aW5nI
Pocket PC: Omnia II
Carrier: Telus

CovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-kahn View Post
Have any of you tried the latest max manila with this rom? I have and it is a great addition. Not that the rom needs it.
Came across it at the weekend. Excellent add-on features to sense ui. I love the extra home tab shortcuts, and although the notifications aren't quite as tidy as those you can add in SPB MobileShell, it's great to have them on the home tab!

Last edited by CovKid66; 11-09-2009 at 11:46 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development