View Single Post
Old 11-09-2009, 09:34 PM
ChrisCicc
PPCGeeks Regular

ChrisCicc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularChrisCicc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularChrisCicc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularChrisCicc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularChrisCicc is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] Juicy Rhodium_W R2 [SENSE UI][XDA_UC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by marketingdesigner View Post
Very true... I was all excited to have MMS working and to be able to still use HTC/Manila 2.5 even though manila is a bit laggy when responding (and annoying to back out of to get out of txting mode). The more I've had to go back and forth to receive/send pics... the less exciting this fix has become.

Attaching the photos is a headache, it uses the older type photo album. The messages aren't threaded and later in the day, someone will respond to a MMS I sent and I totally forget since it isn't in the HTC thread. That's my only gripe so far, which really isn't juicy's fault, I'm thinking I have a faulty TP2 though, the signal is horrible sitting next to my old treo and my work phone (imagio).

This is an excellent rom, I started liking the TP2 after Juicy's rom was installed.
Personally, MMS is in the nice to have category for me. I never use it to send (just default to email), and hardly anyone sends them to me despite healthy SMS usage.

Also, two phones of different models can have different reception characteristics. I still remember back in the PPC-6700 days there was an antenna stub on the top because HTC couldn't figure out how to build an all inclusive antenna. That's just to say how much variation there is in the technology from phone to phone, and how the phone reports it to the user.

Rely on dropped calls and overall data throughput to determine whether your phone is quality or not, or, direct TP2 to TP2 comparison of course

If I helped you, please remember to press thanks!
This post has been thanked 1 times.