PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2010, 03:41 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 =D
Carrier: Sprint

zangetsu is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to zangetsu Send a message via Yahoo to zangetsu
Re: [ROM] [02/21/10] Juicy R10 (21892.5.0.89) [Sense UI 2.5.2012] [XDA UC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilbearNY View Post
Ok Never meant to mislead anyone. HTC Mess is still not working. This is only a native mms fix for Sprint. However many peeps having trouble with finding the correct settings for native mms and my post simply guides you and gives you the right cabs and setup to get the NATIVE MMS working. Sorry for any misleading info.
i tried your steps and followed to a T. i could not access any of my previous texts, the view list was there but i couldn't click them, and using new compose etc did nothing. it was like i was clicking on nothing. after uninstalling all of it the regular texting that came with r10 worked (dunno if its native htc or if juicy put something else in it) but your 'fixes' made my phone a bit sluggish. i'm gonna have to reinstall r10. i don't recommend anyone use devilbearny's fix. yes i have sprint
Old 02-23-2010, 10:37 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: telus

donkey1 is a n00b

Anybody else having a problem "Syncing" with your in-car bluetooth? Sometimes it connects and other times I cannot get it to Sync up at all.

My last Juicy rom was R6 and it worked fine - has there been a update/change that I missed? Thanks for any help.
Old 02-23-2010, 10:56 AM
JZ*
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: SPRINT

JZ* is keeping up the good workJZ* is keeping up the good workJZ* is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by donkey1 View Post
Anybody else having a problem "Syncing" with your in-car bluetooth? Sometimes it connects and other times I cannot get it to Sync up at all.

My last Juicy rom was R6 and it worked fine - has there been a update/change that I missed? Thanks for any help.
Not for me...In my 2010 Silverado and the GM interface, ALL fuctions work exceptionally well. The TP2 is picked immediatly as well...sorry your having problems.

Also, in R10, the BT connects faster with my Jawbone Prime, using VC
Old 02-23-2010, 11:08 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PRO

kgnupe2 is keeping up the good workkgnupe2 is keeping up the good work
Exclamation Re: [ROM] [02/21/10] Juicy R10 (21892.5.0.89) [Sense UI 2.5.2012] [XDA UC]

Quote:
Ok Guys I found correct settings for Native Mess. MMS and SMS Send and Receive. Here I post, this works for me 100%. Remind you been working on this thing for over 8 hours. Was about to give up and go back to R8 but It finally worked on R10_1 as well. Here it goes... This Fix is only for Sprint Users don't know about others but feel free to test and let me know how it went :0)

Native MMS / SMS Fix on R8 and R10_1

1) Install the cab MMS Fix (M2.5) (Sprint) (Valkyrie) and soft-reset

2) Go into your HTC messaging settings/Menu/MMS server/SampleMMSC2/ scroll down to Connect via select "My ISP",

Scroll down to WAP and select "None".

3) Make sure in the HTC messaging settings, Select your desired photo resolution and Camera captured resolution.

4) Install the Disable HTC Messaging 1.2 cab and soft reset.

You Are done !

Huge Note * DO NOT INSTALL ANY OTHER CAB (Arcsoft or elephant) OR YOU WILL LOOSE YOUR ABILITY TO EITHER SEND OR RECEIVE IF NOT BOTH !

MMS Fix (M2.5) (Sprint) (Valkyrie).cab (3.48 MB, 104 views)

The the Disable HTC Messaging 1.2 cab can be found here along with a print me text file with instructions... ftp://ppcgeeks.com/Touch%20Pro%202/Users/DBsCabs/

Hope it works for you as sweet as it did for me. If i have helped you in anyway please hit me thanks. Good Luck...
Quote:
Ok Never meant to mislead anyone. HTC Mess is still not working. This is only a native mms fix for Sprint. However many peeps having trouble with finding the correct settings for native mms and my post simply guides you and gives you the right cabs and setup to get the NATIVE MMS working. Sorry for any misleading info.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zangetsu View Post
i tried your steps and followed to a T. i could not access any of my previous texts, the view list was there but i couldn't click them, and using new compose etc did nothing. it was like i was clicking on nothing. after uninstalling all of it the regular texting that came with r10 worked (dunno if its native htc or if juicy put something else in it) but your 'fixes' made my phone a bit sluggish. i'm gonna have to reinstall r10. i don't recommend anyone use devilbearny's fix. yes i have sprint
Again I have tried this with R7, R8, R9, and R10 it allows you to send and receive but htc messaging is disabled and once you get over 30-40 text and/or 5-6 pics your phone starts to lag and mess up some say 50-60 texts but either way it still lags. The only solution is to get the build without the htc messaging cooked in. (Im not writing this to bash Juicy I love his work but it seems every sprint person on here thinks they found a solution but its really not a solution, its a bandaid that falls off in a couple days. Im just trying to tell others its in the cooking stage that this works flawlessly (in flawlessly im saying never put in the rom but it also disables people tab text which is a small price to pay) But if someone finds a solution please post it but installing cabs to over write the primary functions is only a bandaid solution. I have sprint and love it but the mms functions are unique
Old 02-23-2010, 02:13 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP

patel33 is a n00b

Does anyone else have an issue with landscape... about half the times after i open the hardware keyboard up, what ever program i was is minimized and the dialer pops up. A soft rest only temporarily solves the issue. Its not an R10 only issue, i have had it since the early releases. Any ideas/clues?
Old 02-23-2010, 04:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Telus

chopsxxx is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by marke View Post
That worked for me.

As for "corrupted" ring tones, I copied one from the phone to hte PC and tried it on Windows. Plays fine. So I rebooted the phone and the corruption message went away and ringer can use WMA files again.
That's great! But in case its a recurring problem like it was for me - I thought it was down to just wma's being randomly problematic. MP3's turned out that way too...

Copied my wma and mp3 ringtones to my desktop and converted to wav - haven't had the problem since, and it was getting very frequent on R10.
Old 02-23-2010, 05:01 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

djmixmasterthekid is a n00b

Downloaded this rom yesterday, my first cooked rom, and I love it its much faster than the original rom that I was only tweaking with reg edits and cabs. This rom makes me happy I didn't get an iPhone.

Only question I have is how do I rearrange the items in the start menu and change the category that they're in. I downloaded some games from the marketplace but some don't show up under the games tab; they aren't in any section, they are just in the start menu and I can only move them to the top or bottom. How do I get them in the games section where they are supposed to be.

...and this goes for other tools apps that I downloaded also
Old 02-23-2010, 05:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G - Rooted

El Ha$oN is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via MSN to El Ha$oN

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmixmasterthekid View Post
Downloaded this rom yesterday, my first cooked rom, and I love it its much faster than the original rom that I was only tweaking with reg edits and cabs. This rom makes me happy I didn't get an iPhone.

Only question I have is how do I rearrange the items in the start menu and change the category that they're in. I downloaded some games from the marketplace but some don't show up under the games tab; they aren't in any section, they are just in the start menu and I can only move them to the top or bottom. How do I get them in the games section where they are supposed to be.

...and this goes for other tools apps that I downloaded also
I move the icon by going to \Windows\Start Menu\Programs...then i copy the link that i want to move into the folder you choose. So a game icon would be moved into the following folder: \Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Games.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-23-2010, 05:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G - Rooted

El Ha$oN is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via MSN to El Ha$oN

Anyone having issues trying to take a backup of the ROM? I have attempted to use SPB Backup, Sprite Backup and Resco and each of them are giving error messages. Currently on R10.
Want to take a complete backup of my phone b/c need to flash stock ROM back onto the phone to take it into the store for repairs. Any help would be appreciated!
Old 02-23-2010, 05:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Telus

chopsxxx is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Ha$oN View Post
Anyone having issues trying to take a backup of the ROM? I have attempted to use SPB Backup, Sprite Backup and Resco and each of them are giving error messages. Currently on R10.
Want to take a complete backup of my phone b/c need to flash stock ROM back onto the phone to take it into the store for repairs. Any help would be appreciated!
Make sure you're stopping all tasks before backup.

Resco doesn't let you exclude specific files, but I think SPB does. Exclude the ones in the error log that are causing the issue - usually they're being locked by the system. Also, you can manually kill s2u2 and disable manila and kill other running processes yourself to ensure that its done properly.

Also, try MS My Phone. I think it lets you do registry too.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development