PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2010, 10:35 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Alltel

bluerockit is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to bluerockit Send a message via MSN to bluerockit Send a message via Yahoo to bluerockit
Re: [ROM] [02/21/10] Juicy R10 (21892.5.0.89) [Sense UI 2.5.2012] [XDA UC]

EDIT: Did some messing around and found out that I can send mms from windows program by:
1: Opening the picture in the album
2: Clicking the picture to access option bar
3: Selecting send/mail/distribute/etc on the options bar
4: Selecting "mail"
5: Selecting "Picture Message"

(This is for Verizon, after changing the mms server settings as per page 1)

This sends the picture fine and I know for a fact the attempted recipients have received the pictures I've sent. For some reason I get a copy of the message in my htc messaging inbox with the address "@", however, this is a small price to pay for working sending and receiving mms on Juicy's R10 . Sorry for the long post, but I'm sure I won't be the only one searching for this.

ORIGINAL POST: I know you guys are probably sick of reading about mms issues, but this is bugging the living hell out of me and hours of searching haven't turned up any clearcut answers.

I'm on Juicy's R10 and changed the settings for mms for verizon and happily I can receive just fine. From what i've read, verizon users have had a swell time with mms on 2.5 roms. But I'm unable to send pictures. They are well below the size limit, but they continue to be "sending" until they error out.

Anyone have input? I'm sorry if this HAS been covered, but I've performed multiple searches and gotten nothing. And I don't feel like leafing through 625 pages

Last edited by bluerockit; 02-24-2010 at 03:11 PM.
Old 02-23-2010, 11:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G - Rooted
Carrier: Sprint

El Ha$oN is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via MSN to El Ha$oN

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjhadfield View Post
i get pretty much the same error message w/ mostly twitter using spb backup. but i havent noticed if it really matters or not. i did do a restore even thou i had those errors on the backup but everything restored fine w/ no probs. so you might not have to worry bout it. and it doesnt matter what rom im on i get the same "twitter" error. \

so i suggest do a full backup...you will get the "twitter" error mainly. also do a pim (custom) backup just to save your contacts (thats what i do at least) and when you flash back to the rom you backed up then just restore and it should go fine (dont 4get a hard reset as norm. b4 you do the restore)

Well thanks for your input but i was more concerned with the two error messages found at the bottom of the log: These 2
2010-02-23 16:42:51 Unable to read from file "\Windows\ET9IMEDB\eT9Rudb.Rdb".
2010-02-23 16:42:51 Unable to read from file "\Windows\ET9IMEDB\eT9AsDb.Adb".

not sure if that file is important or not.

Now this is not the first time i see this error message. I have seen it since R7 and i have attempted to do a restore regardless of the errors and i just felt it wasnt as snappy even after a fresh hard reset or fresh flash. idk what the importance of those files are but my guess is it has something to do with the responsiveness of the ROM overall and thats why i am looking for a solution. Thanks for your input.
Old 02-24-2010, 12:35 AM
HI Fly Guy
Pocket PC: TP2 Swimmin' w/ the Sharkie's
Carrier: On da NOW...4 NOW!

kjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Ha$oN View Post
Well thanks for your input but i was more concerned with the two error messages found at the bottom of the log: These 2

Now this is not the first time i see this error message. I have seen it since R7 and i have attempted to do a restore regardless of the errors and i just felt it wasnt as snappy even after a fresh hard reset or fresh flash. idk what the importance of those files are but my guess is it has something to do with the responsiveness of the ROM overall and thats why i am looking for a solution. Thanks for your input.
i assume the last 2 errors are related to t9? which (if it is) shouldnt have any negative effect of the responsiveness/speedyness of the rom.

this is how im thinking it works...when you do the backup and get any errors, those errors werent able to be backed-up. now when you flash/hard reset then do a restore of the backup everything gets restored except the errors, and im thinking even thou it doesnt restore the errored files the same files from the rom should still be there from the flash/hard reset.? (does that make sense, how i wrote it?) im not 100% on this but when you restore i dont think the restore wipes All the rom files but just overwrites only the files in the backup.?
Old 02-24-2010, 02:57 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Telus

chopsxxx is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Ha$oN View Post

Poster above is right - they are for your XT9 dictionary/settings/auto-type stuff. And the twitter stuff is mostly temp files anyway. In my experience those exact file backup errors are totally safe to ignore - they'll just get generated again after you restore.

But I bet if you killed the HTCSIPservice or whatever the sip service is called, it might release those files. Haven't tested.

An added note though - if Resco is set to "update" mode (differential) and successfully backs up a critical file one day, then fails with a read error on that file the next time, it will DELETE the file from the backup.

Last edited by chopsxxx; 02-24-2010 at 03:01 AM.
Old 02-24-2010, 05:10 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

chopsxxx is just getting started

So I recently bought a 16GB microsd from futureshop. Duracell branded... may be the problem right there.

Anyway, it was fine under R8 with all my files copied over from my 8GB card. After flashing to R10, it quickly degenerated. The FAT table somehow got trashed, including all the backup files on the card which I hadn't yet copied to my desktop. So I hard reset and wiped the card and reformatted. Reinstalled all my stupid programs and half of them would lock the phone up - I figured it was because I used cabs that I'd salvaged off the card before reformatting - so refreshed the cabs with new ones and reinstalled those progs. But now I'm still getting jinky weirdness and file errors and programs that were working stop working. Its driving me NUTS! I don't believe this is a small card sold as 16gb problem. I did have 9GB on it when it was working well.

Anyone else experiencing card weirdness or is this just my bad luck?

Last edited by chopsxxx; 02-24-2010 at 05:43 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 02-24-2010, 11:04 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PRO

kgnupe2 is keeping up the good workkgnupe2 is keeping up the good work
Exclamation Re: [ROM] [02/21/10] Juicy R10 (21892.5.0.89) [Sense UI 2.5.2012] [XDA UC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by bishaudio View Post
How does the mms work? it keeps giving me a download error when i try and download the content
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluerockit View Post
I know you guys are probably sick of reading about mms issues, but this is bugging the living hell out of me and hours of searching haven't turned up any clearcut answers.

I'm on Juicy's R10 and changed the settings for mms for verizon and happily I can receive just fine. From what i've read, verizon users have had a swell time with mms on 2.5 roms. But I'm unable to send pictures. They are well below the size limit, but they continue to be "sending" until they error out.

Anyone have input? I'm sorry if this HAS been covered, but I've performed multiple searches and gotten nothing. And I don't feel like leafing through 625 pages
Please look at post number 6234 there is a work around bandaid in the first quote. then read the rest to understand the state of the mms issues
*kjhadfield you made me laugh in you post thanks for the shoutout see i guess your not a bad guy lol* Hopefully in S1 it will get worked out or maybe someone can figure out how to get it too work or remove it from the start if a kitchen is released either way Juicy I thank you for all your work dont take my dislike of htc messaging cooked in personal to you i know this rom is for the many and not just for sprint.
Old 02-24-2010, 03:26 PM
HI Fly Guy
Pocket PC: TP2 Swimmin' w/ the Sharkie's
Carrier: On da NOW...4 NOW!

kjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

yea, that bandaid analogy caught my eye n got stuck in my head...

singing*stuck on bandaid brand cuz bandaid stuck on me* haha
Old 02-24-2010, 09:19 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP2

dnube is a n00b

My experiences with r10 so far (TP2 on Telus):

• 1 SOD so far (4 days) [Edit: now 1 SOD in 13 days]
  • Ringtones don`t ring. Converting to mp3 did not help. Converting to wav does. Note that sound notifications for incoming email etc work ok as wma's.
  • No sound in Youtube [Edit: Sound now working - not sure what changed as I wasn't specifically trying to fix it to begin with]
  • Slightly more responsive than r9.
  • Still 2 task managers.
  • Do not use MMS/SMS so no comment there

Possibly unrelated - vibrate that does not stop (have set vibrate & sound notification for email). On two occasions, on incoming email, vibrate continues until I either reset the phone or I go to sound notifications settings and press the stop button. I had this same problem on my previous WM phone (mogul/p4000).

Otherwise, seems pretty good.

BTW - found an (free) app to play flac files - TCPMP . App and codec pack can be found here:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=74407

Last edited by dnube; 03-02-2010 at 10:55 PM. Reason: update
Old 02-25-2010, 11:35 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: xv6800
Carrier: Verizon

reckert is just getting started

Not sure if this is related to the MMS issues, but Verizon Visual Voicemail doesn't seem to work for me.
When I try to open it I get a pop up -'No network connection is available to contact the voicemail server'. - my network is up, so I'm guessing somewhere there is a setting for the IP?
I did try installing a separate cab for it as well, which worked on other roms.
Old 02-25-2010, 02:06 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

steveholtam is keeping up the good worksteveholtam is keeping up the good work

A few SOD per day. Very annoying, as this is my first time having this issue with a Juicy ROM. Other times the phone is very sluggish. I'm rolling back to R8 or R6 for now. Keep up the good work though Juicy!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development