View Single Post
Old 02-23-2010, 11:08 AM
kgnupe2
PPCGeeks Regular

kgnupe2 is keeping up the good workkgnupe2 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Exclamation Re: [ROM] [02/21/10] Juicy R10 (21892.5.0.89) [Sense UI 2.5.2012] [XDA UC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilbearNY View Post
Ok Guys I found correct settings for Native Mess. MMS and SMS Send and Receive. Here I post, this works for me 100%. Remind you been working on this thing for over 8 hours. Was about to give up and go back to R8 but It finally worked on R10_1 as well. Here it goes... This Fix is only for Sprint Users don't know about others but feel free to test and let me know how it went :0)

Native MMS / SMS Fix on R8 and R10_1

1) Install the cab MMS Fix (M2.5) (Sprint) (Valkyrie) and soft-reset

2) Go into your HTC messaging settings/Menu/MMS server/SampleMMSC2/ scroll down to Connect via select "My ISP",

Scroll down to WAP and select "None".

3) Make sure in the HTC messaging settings, Select your desired photo resolution and Camera captured resolution.

4) Install the Disable HTC Messaging 1.2 cab and soft reset.

You Are done !

Huge Note * DO NOT INSTALL ANY OTHER CAB (Arcsoft or elephant) OR YOU WILL LOOSE YOUR ABILITY TO EITHER SEND OR RECEIVE IF NOT BOTH !

MMS Fix (M2.5) (Sprint) (Valkyrie).cab (3.48 MB, 104 views)

The the Disable HTC Messaging 1.2 cab can be found here along with a print me text file with instructions... ftp://ppcgeeks.com/Touch%20Pro%202/Users/DBsCabs/

Hope it works for you as sweet as it did for me. If i have helped you in anyway please hit me thanks. Good Luck...
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilbearNY View Post
Ok Never meant to mislead anyone. HTC Mess is still not working. This is only a native mms fix for Sprint. However many peeps having trouble with finding the correct settings for native mms and my post simply guides you and gives you the right cabs and setup to get the NATIVE MMS working. Sorry for any misleading info.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zangetsu View Post
i tried your steps and followed to a T. i could not access any of my previous texts, the view list was there but i couldn't click them, and using new compose etc did nothing. it was like i was clicking on nothing. after uninstalling all of it the regular texting that came with r10 worked (dunno if its native htc or if juicy put something else in it) but your 'fixes' made my phone a bit sluggish. i'm gonna have to reinstall r10. i don't recommend anyone use devilbearny's fix. yes i have sprint
Again I have tried this with R7, R8, R9, and R10 it allows you to send and receive but htc messaging is disabled and once you get over 30-40 text and/or 5-6 pics your phone starts to lag and mess up some say 50-60 texts but either way it still lags. The only solution is to get the build without the htc messaging cooked in. (Im not writing this to bash Juicy I love his work but it seems every sprint person on here thinks they found a solution but its really not a solution, its a bandaid that falls off in a couple days. Im just trying to tell others its in the cooking stage that this works flawlessly (in flawlessly im saying never put in the rom but it also disables people tab text which is a small price to pay) But if someone finds a solution please post it but installing cabs to over write the primary functions is only a bandaid solution. I have sprint and love it but the mms functions are unique