PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2009, 01:29 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: tp2
Carrier: SprintPCS

bulkwinkle is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] Juicy Rhodium_W R2 [SENSE UI][XDA_UC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by CovKid66 View Post
  1. I don't really use my phone as an alarm, but I've just tried it and can confirm it only sounds for a few seconds I've read good things about G-Alarm though.
  2. When you say holding the end key does not work, you mean an extended hold where it's supposed to power off the phone so you can do a soft reset? What does yours do, and how long are you holding it? If I hold mine for about 2 seconds the "Do you want to turn off your device Yes / No" prompt appear.
For item 2, you sound like you are referring to holding down the power button in which it will ask if you want to turn off your device. That works. My question was referring to the End call key. I hold it for long enough to confirm it doesn't work. Usually, when you hold the End key for like 5 secs, it will pop up with the Quick list where you can choose to put phone in vibration, airplane mode, etc. With R2 rom, holding the End key as usual does not do anything.

Last edited by bulkwinkle; 11-08-2009 at 01:43 AM.
Old 11-08-2009, 02:01 AM
ACSyndicate.net
Pocket PC: Epic
Carrier: Sprint

flyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Skype™ to flyers2114

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2k4mach View Post
Thx bro I appreciate it!
Old 11-08-2009, 02:05 AM
VGhhbmtzIGZvciBwbGF5aW5nI
Pocket PC: Omnia II
Carrier: Telus

CovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulkwinkle View Post
For item 2, you sound like you are referring to holding down the power button in which it will ask if you want to turn off your device. That works. My question was referring to the End call key. I hold it for long enough to confirm it doesn't work. Usually, when you hold the End key for like 5 secs, it will pop up with the Quick list where you can choose to put phone in vibration, airplane mode, etc. With R2 rom, holding the End key as usual does not do anything.
Looks like the end key on the sprint does something different than the telus one. My end call key will ask me to turn the device off if I hold it for a few seconds. Holding my actual power button for an extended period does nothing. Wwhat you have is the original "long presss end" functionality. For some reason Telus dropped that feature!

Sorry, can't help you in that case.

Old 11-08-2009, 02:18 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: tp2
Carrier: SprintPCS

bulkwinkle is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by CovKid66 View Post
Looks like the end key on the sprint does something different than the telus one. My end call key will ask me to turn the device off if I hold it for a few seconds. Holding my actual power button for an extended period does nothing. Wwhat you have is the original "long presss end" functionality. For some reason Telus dropped that feature!

Sorry, can't help you in that case.
What I noticed is in this rom, the "Long Press End Key" is missing under Settings\System. No one uses this function or is having issue with this?
Old 11-08-2009, 02:47 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

Tiger505 is keeping up the good workTiger505 is keeping up the good work

Howdy, I'm really liking Juicy's rom here. I tried most of them and this works great for me. Yes it's missing a few things but I picked up cabs so the extras I wanted are now installed. Weird question but I've seen pics of 4 rows on the quick links on the main page. Juicy's and others have a large 3 across below the clock as a default. I would like to make the quick link tabs smaller and have 4 across. Is this possible with Juicy's Rom and if so would one know where I could find a tweak. I've search all over and other than the various pictures with the 4 across I cannot find the cab. Thanks in advance. By the way thanks Juicy and to all those who contribute to making making my device soooo cool!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-08-2009, 04:21 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

solarflarex is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsolarflarex is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsolarflarex is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsolarflarex is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsolarflarex is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger505 View Post
Howdy, I'm really liking Juicy's rom here. I tried most of them and this works great for me. Yes it's missing a few things but I picked up cabs so the extras I wanted are now installed. Weird question but I've seen pics of 4 rows on the quick links on the main page. Juicy's and others have a large 3 across below the clock as a default. I would like to make the quick link tabs smaller and have 4 across. Is this possible with Juicy's Rom and if so would one know where I could find a tweak. I've search all over and other than the various pictures with the 4 across I cannot find the cab. Thanks in advance. By the way thanks Juicy and to all those who contribute to making making my device soooo cool!
The 4 quick link tabs I get are from the manilla 2.5 makeover.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=94376
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-08-2009, 05:08 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by solarflarex View Post
The 4 quick link tabs I get are from the manilla 2.5 makeover.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=94376
Big Thanks for the link...wow this is just what I was looking for...
I think my device cannot get any cooler. Being the flash addict I am I'll probably flash to the newest and latest and start all over again. I think I'll start looking for a close chapter of FA...(Flashers Anonymous) to start going to meetings. 12 step program and all

-----------------------------------------
Old 11-08-2009, 05:19 AM
Lurker

KYoung32 is a n00b

I have downloaded this and unzipped everything.
How do I proceed in getting it to work on my phone?
Old 11-08-2009, 05:32 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by KYoung32 View Post
I have downloaded this and unzipped everything.
How do I proceed in getting it to work on my phone?
I hope your talking about the Max Manila I just installed. It's in a cab file. Copy to cab to your storage card preferably. Click on the cab and it will ask to install to device or card. I installed on my card. After install it will ask if you want to do a soft reset...click yes and wait to be impressed!!!!

Edit...here is a youtube video about this also

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0avW-ydCqU

Last edited by Tiger505; 11-08-2009 at 05:35 AM.
Old 11-08-2009, 05:46 AM
Lurker

KYoung32 is a n00b

I was actually talking about juicy's r2
I'm new with my tp2, and i don't understand how to get this to work
regular cab files work fine for me.. how does this work since it isn't a cab file

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development