PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2009, 09:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

animez is keeping up the good workanimez is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] Juicy Rhodium_W R2 [SENSE UI][XDA_UC]

I really like this rom but I'm having no luck getting the GPS working, Quick GPS gives me an immediate connection error and neither Google Maps or Bing will find any satellites. I searched through this thread and download the VGA Quick GPS software linked to by darren.wlsn1 here, but when I try to install it I get a error telling me the software can not be installed because it "does not have sufficient system permissions."

Can anyone help me out with this, I'd like to stay on this rom, but not at the cost of gps functionality.
Old 11-07-2009, 10:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP, TP2, Imagio
Carrier: Alltel-Verizon

NEPATR1OTS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNEPATR1OTS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNEPATR1OTS is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by animez View Post
I really like this rom but I'm having no luck getting the GPS working, Quick GPS gives me an immediate connection error and neither Google Maps or Bing will find any satellites. I searched through this thread and download the VGA Quick GPS software linked to by darren.wlsn1 here, but when I try to install it I get a error telling me the software can not be installed because it "does not have sufficient system permissions."

Can anyone help me out with this, I'd like to stay on this rom, but not at the cost of gps functionality.
Search XDA for a program called SeaSGEE, it works like Quick GPS but its installable. Worked for me. Hope this helps.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-07-2009, 10:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

muzicman82 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to muzicman82 Send a message via MSN to muzicman82 Send a message via Yahoo to muzicman82 Send a message via Skype™ to muzicman82

A few more questions. I just spent an hour trying to search for answers.

Ok, why does Start -> Settings take you to the Sense UI Tab instead of the sub folder in the Start Menu?

This is fine, and it seems that almost all settings that used to be in the settings sub folder are on the tab somehow, but I can't find some control panels such as the "Long Key Press" & "Task Manager".

More specifically, I was looking for where I set the preference for the "X" in the upper right of programs to minimize programs instead of closing them.

Lastly, does anyone know of any programs, tricks, hacks to make the volume buttons be scroll buttons instead only in certain applications such as Opera? Or perhaps a way to quickly toggle the zoom slider to be scroll instead, and then back. I do have AE Button Plus and I think that might do what I want, but haven't gotten that far yet.
Old 11-07-2009, 10:12 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzicman82 View Post
A few more questions. I just spent an hour trying to search for answers.

Ok, why does Start -> Settings take you to the Sense UI Tab instead of the sub folder in the Start Menu?

This is fine, and it seems that almost all settings that used to be in the settings sub folder are on the tab somehow, but I can't find some control panels such as the "Long Key Press" & "Task Manager".

More specifically, I was looking for where I set the preference for the "X" in the upper right of programs to minimize programs instead of closing them.

Lastly, does anyone know of any programs, tricks, hacks to make the volume buttons be scroll buttons instead only in certain applications such as Opera? Or perhaps a way to quickly toggle the zoom slider to be scroll instead, and then back. I do have AE Button Plus and I think that might do what I want, but haven't gotten that far yet.
for the first part, hit start,settings, then menu, all settings. to change closing programs,tap where you check mem or open programs,then the wrench. change setting in "buttons"

Last edited by darren.wlsn1; 11-07-2009 at 10:16 PM.
Old 11-07-2009, 10:16 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: SPRINT

Nygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuff

thats the new manila it take presence over windows just so it will be one system that you have to go between plus it looks better
Old 11-07-2009, 10:16 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: keeping all:HTC6800+Touch Pro+TouchHD+Touch Pro2X2
Carrier: ORANGE

Maan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2k4mach View Post
hows this?

i can post all the files later on when i have more time

beautiful , I am waiting for you to put us your files .............I really appreciate your help . Thanks
Old 11-07-2009, 10:17 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Epic 4g

JokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by animez View Post

Hmm..GPS is definitely working, well at least through speculation I think it is- if you update your weather, it'll locate your current location (maybe I'm wrong and it uses cell towers?).

Btw, very surprised about that because I'm in New York, was out in Little Italy last night and it found me in Little Italy- pretty nice to see that as a location lol
Old 11-07-2009, 10:19 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: SPRINT

Nygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuff

when you first flash,
a. run quick gps before syncing my weather
b. log into facebook before adding contacts
I have been doing it that way and I have no problem with the program..
hope this help
Old 11-07-2009, 10:21 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: keeping all:HTC6800+Touch Pro+TouchHD+Touch Pro2X2
Carrier: ORANGE

Maan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2k4mach View Post
hows this?

i can post all the files later on when i have more time
look at this :

this is beautiful
trans slider
no curtains
transp clock
semi trans items in today screen
amazing

can you send just the links to the files , if you do not have time to attach them ?
Old 11-07-2009, 10:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 running MightyROM

tstretch is becoming a great contributor
Re: [ROM] Juicy Rhodium_W R1 [SENSE UI][XDA_UC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skelator03 View Post
Bug: When you click the htc task manager arror and then click again the flip clock flips a bunch and then goes back to regular time

This clock flip thing is super annoying cause it seems to slow the phone down too.. In the MightyROM TP2 thread Mighty Mike posts two links to cabs that supposedly fix that issue on his ROM but didn't do it for me running Juicy's... Here they are though in case someone can get this working on this ROM..

Might Mike says:
Q: My clock twitches flips an hour back and forth?
A: Apristel has posted a fix for this: here
Also, was linked to this by ClevelWheeler.
Note: Both appear to work well.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development