PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2010, 08:05 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO, Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

jstn76rs is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjstn76rs is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjstn76rs is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjstn76rs is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjstn76rs is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: ░░░░ MightyROM.com ░░░░ Windows Phone® ░░░░ Update Available!

Quote:
Originally Posted by willyjay View Post
Sorry if this has been asked (many times) before, but how does one get the soft key boxes like in these two posts? I'm assuming that it's possible in MR Official.

TIA

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...15&postcount=1

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...postcount=8182
I think you can just download one of the cabs posted in your first link and you should be good to go.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-08-2010, 08:08 PM
Regular 'Geeker

jstn76rs is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjstn76rs is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjstn76rs is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjstn76rs is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjstn76rs is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by unitedgolfcoach View Post
Thanks for your advice. I went to the Device Manager and uninstalled the phone. After restarting the computer I plugged in the phone and it still won't show on ActivSync. The indicator on the bootloader changes from serial to usb but that is about it. Any more suggestions I could try?

Once you get into bootloader and it changes to usb just run the rom exe.
Old 06-08-2010, 08:09 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

unitedgolfcoach is a n00b

Any other ideas as to how I can get the phone to establish an activsync conntection?

[QUOTE=unitedgolfcoach;1802377]Thanks for your advice. I went to the Device Manager and uninstalled the phone. After restarting the computer I plugged in the phone and it still won't show on ActivSync. The indicator on the bootloader changes from serial to usb but that is about it. Any more suggestions I could try?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjELITE View Post
So you are not able to connect your PC and phone through Activesync? I guess for me I always make sure to connect through Activesync then click through the ROM.exe file to get it going...

What would I do?

First go to Device Manager on your PC, with your phone hooked up...look for Portable Devices....your phone should show there right click and hit uninstall....then unplug your phone and replug it in....this should fix that...

As for the flashing....I would run Task29(post6) then I would run a Stock ROM...which actually can be found RIGHT HERE in the ppcgeeks forums... http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=91940 ....once finished flash the FF ROM and it should be golden....
Old 06-08-2010, 08:09 PM
Two-Time Mafiosi
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon

Kliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via MSN to Kliptik

Quote:
I tried that too but it doesn't get too far and I keep getting the Error 226 Flash Write error.
The error comes up on the phone screen during SD flash? Not saying its not a possibility, but most of the errors during flash are due to faulty connection btwn PC and phone.

You can try removing the SD card while you flash. It may be corrupt (i think someone may have said that already).

Try Task29 again, then retry flash.

Theres been a lot of good info on here, and its WAY rare that flashing a rOM can brick a phone...
Old 06-08-2010, 08:12 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: VZW

willyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstn76rs View Post
I think you can just download one of the cabs posted in your first link and you should be good to go.

Thanks (thanked)....I'll give it a try once it's done flashing.
Old 06-08-2010, 08:16 PM
Two-Time Mafiosi
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon

Kliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via MSN to Kliptik

Quote:
Any other ideas as to how I can get the phone to establish an activsync conntection?
Getting it to connect to ActiveSync/WMDC isnt going to get you any further. All it will do is drop it into bootloader and do the same thing its been doing.
Old 06-08-2010, 08:21 PM
Regular 'Geeker

[QUOTE=unitedgolfcoach;1802413]Any other ideas as to how I can get the phone to establish an activsync conntection?

Quote:
Thanks for your advice. I went to the Device Manager and uninstalled the phone. After restarting the computer I plugged in the phone and it still won't show on ActivSync. The indicator on the bootloader changes from serial to usb but that is about it. Any more suggestions I could try?

You could also try the HSPL again..
Old 06-08-2010, 08:33 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X

willyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstn76rs View Post
Nope, didn't work...Thanks though! Still looking....how to get the boxes around the soft keys (on all tabs) on the Official 6.5 rom.
Old 06-08-2010, 08:38 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Nope, didn't work...Thanks though! Still looking....how to get the boxes around the soft keys (on all tabs) on the Official 6.5 rom.
tjELITE was the one that posted them first and I'm pretty sure he created them in his mods, so I would think if he gets time he would be able to help you out.
Old 06-08-2010, 08:47 PM
::The Elite Geek::
Pocket PC: Touch Pro II

tjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Sorry if this has been asked (many times) before, but how does one get the soft key boxes on all tabs like in these two posts? I'm assuming that it's possible in MR Official.

TIA

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...15&postcount=1

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...postcount=8182

EDIT to add "soft key boxes on all tabs"
Ok the way to get that would be to install a tsk with the softbar images...I believe the softkeybar is from another theme...

What I do is install my latest Dark Ninja Taskbar edit over my favorite tsk(Blackout ) file in the Today Settings and it works for me...I would ask the other poster about where he got the bottom bar though...

The cab that is on that post is for my black and red dialers which have no affect on the taskbars...

http://eliterom.com/downloads/DarkNi...ITE.editv2.cab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kliptik View Post
Getting it to connect to ActiveSync/WMDC isnt going to get you any further. All it will do is drop it into bootloader and do the same thing its been doing.
That is correct...I was just showing a technique on how to get it to reconfigure...

---------------

As for the guy still trying to get his phone running...try another USB cable...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Tags
htc touch pro 2, mightyrom, sounds, touch pro 2, tp2