PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2010, 06:52 PM
Retired Staff-MordyT.com
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

MordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: ░░░░ MightyROM.com ░░░░ Windows Phone® ░░░░

Quote:
Originally Posted by abednego View Post
Really odd.

Yesterday, after a soft reset - it appears my registry was wiped clean and reset (yet... all the other files ie PIM.VOL and favorites remained the same)

Then, this morning... I received another error; "There was an error installing Ziggy421menu.cab 0x83289393" and my phone was wiped clean completely

Ran Task29 ... and re installing the ROM. Will keep you posted.
Its all Ziggy's fault...LOL
Originally Posted by CozBoogie View Post
5. Everyone who thanks my post will receive instant karma!
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyers2114 View Post
MordyT is right.
Old 05-16-2010, 07:05 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HDC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

usLEDsupply is a n00b

Help!!!! (Full Force Rom Failed hope it's not bricked)
i have been running Mighty Rom since i got my TP2 phone in Feb and have been happy with it, then i decided to upgrade to the new Full Force 5/01/10 Rom to get the new Google maps and office and it was great, it ran about 15% faster and i liked the improvements until this morning when sense crashed when closing opra and it would try to restart sense but it seemed to crash every time it would load so i did a soft reset and now it just shows the boot screen where it says TOUCHpro2 and the red rom version info in the lower left corner i have tried taking out the batt and resetting it but it never goes past that screen? it won't show up on the computer so i can't re-flash it or anything either?
so if anyone has seen this or knows a way to get it to respond please let me know as i am not sure what to do now and i have come to love my phone and don't know what i would do without it.
Old 05-16-2010, 07:11 PM
Old Dirty Jamaican
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon

Wesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by usLEDsupply View Post
i have been running Mighty Rom since i got my TP2 phone in Feb and have been happy with it, then i decided to upgrade to the new Full Force 5/01/10 Rom to get the new Google maps and office and it was great, it ran about 15% faster and i liked the improvements until this morning when sense crashed when closing opra and it would try to restart sense but it seemed to crash every time it would load so i did a soft reset and now it just shows the boot screen where it says TOUCHpro2 and the red rom version info in the lower left corner i have tried taking out the batt and resetting it but it never goes past that screen? it won't show up on the computer so i can't re-flash it or anything either?
so if anyone has seen this or knows a way to get it to respond please let me know as i am not sure what to do now and i have come to love my phone and don't know what i would do without it.
Put it into bootloader manually, I am sure you had everything backed up right?

to put it into boot loader, turn it off. than while you power it up hold down the Vol. down button and power button. that will take you to the tri color boot screen and you should be able to reload the ROM from there and the computer should see it.

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-16-2010, 07:18 PM
Two-Time Mafiosi
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt

Kliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via MSN to Kliptik

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley762 View Post
Put it into bootloader manually, I am sure you had everything backed up right?

to put it into boot loader, turn it off. than while you power it up hold down the Vol. down button and power button. that will take you to the tri color boot screen and you should be able to reload the ROM from there and the computer should see it.
+1 on this.

Also, Check the battery pins on the phone. Its rare, but I ve seen that if they get bent, the battery does not get a good connection, and it wont load past the boot screen.

Hope that helps!
Old 05-16-2010, 07:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Druu is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by parcou View Post
Anyone smarter than me can tell me how to change my right soft-key that says "Lock" so that when I hit it the S2U2 locks the device. There is a file in the Programs that says S2U2 and selecting it locks the device.

Pleas any help or how to change this is the reg or cab would be luv...
When this happened to me waaay back, it was an issue with the unlocker. Try and relock, then unlock your phone to get the latest unlocker and see if that helps. There was a thread about it somehwhere :P.
Old 05-16-2010, 07:22 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HDC Touch Pro 2

usLEDsupply is a n00b

ok thanks that worked great! i am loading the Full Force Rom again with my fingers crossed as i don't want to go back to the older version but i hope it doesn't keep doing this
i do have everything backed up except my settings/ringtone/shortcuts/pop3 email accounts (that take an hour or so to get the way i want) but i haven't found a easy way to save them so i just redo them each time
Old 05-16-2010, 08:55 PM
Laying low in smoke
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: sprint

hypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Have you ever used Sashimi??? Here is the link. you can backup most of your settings with xml or just backing up folders. if you have not used it you will love it once you get the hang of it.

http://www.winmo-experts.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=4

Quote:
ok thanks that worked great! i am loading the Full Force Rom again with my fingers crossed as i don't want to go back to the older version but i hope it doesn't keep doing this
i do have everything backed up except my settings/ringtone/shortcuts/pop3 email accounts (that take an hour or so to get the way i want) but i haven't found a easy way to save them so i just redo them each time

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-16-2010, 09:00 PM
Lurker

irvinm66 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by b4u2 View Post
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.7 (WindowsMobile; PPC; Opera Mobi/35267; U; en; Presto/2.1.1))

My TP2 is only 2 months old and my battery doesn't last that long either.

I was also wondering if there is a way in Sense 2.5 (mail & text)to have "mark as read" without having to open the text or mail? All the inform I have found so far deals with after opening the text or mail.
For email, if you are inside your inbox, try clicking on the envelope symbol itself as it brings up another menu where you can "mark as read" or "delete" without opening the email. (I use this method when there are a bunch of emails I want to "mark as read" that I want to review on the PC at a later point) It isn't perfect, but certainly faster than opening each email to just have them marked as read.

I don't think there is a way to "mark as read" an email from manilla.
Old 05-16-2010, 09:04 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

Papnschmilees is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kliptik View Post
Pin lock and the Cookie lock don't play well together. Couldnt really tell from your post if youre using cookie AND pin lock. Just a heads up the two used together cause issues...
I though this was the case too. I reflashed the 050110 rom using the task 29 method and I am still experiencing this problem even after a fresh flash and I install NOTHING on the device. just using the lock feature located in settings>> lock... i then set it up for prompt if device left unused for 1 min

sometimes when you go to wake it up the screen is black and the top bar is all i see. it is also unresponsive to sliding the keyboard out ( meaning the screen doesnt change orientation)

Another thing i noticed is that if i have the prompt if phone left unused checked whenever you hit the sleep button on the top of the phone and turn it on home screen shows up for a split second then goes black and then comes back again all within about a second. so there is a problem with the lock function itself.

it looks like it may have been changed in the change log for 032310
LockScreenAppLauncher_1_0_19213627_00
Old 05-16-2010, 10:50 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

Hidavi is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHidavi is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHidavi is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHidavi is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I had to switch to the latest Energy ROM because this new MR was causing my phone ROM to keep resetting every few hours...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Tags
htc touch pro 2, mightyrom, sounds, touch pro 2, tp2