PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2010, 01:52 PM
Laying low in smoke
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: sprint

hypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: ░░░░ MightyROM.com ░░░░ Windows Phone® ░░░░ Update Available!

yes, I know what you mean, but for me; letting go of my $30 plan is Very hard and a large keyboard just did not justify it.

beside my area is not even covered by EVDO so paying the extra $10 for "premium data" is not really worth it.

Its funny, even the employees at the sprint store are not getting this phone and are telling people that it is not worth paying for the plan..LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley762 View Post
I just got finished playing with a EVO this morning, and I have to say I was pretty impressed with the onscreen keyboard that it had. I really suggest going to one of the stores and trying it out. I have been a very dedicated hardware keyboard guy but the EVO is getting me pretty close to changing my mind.

Old 06-08-2010, 03:56 PM
::The Elite Geek::
Pocket PC: Touch Pro II
Carrier: VZW

tjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by unitedgolfcoach View Post
Well, I downloaded the Sprint stock rom and with the phone in bootloader and the USB connected, where it read "USB" on the bootloader scrren, I attempted to flash again to no avail. I got the "Error 226-Flash Write". I got as far as 26% but still get the error.

Any more ideas as to what might be wrong? I am not able to establish an Activsync connection. Could that be it?
So you are not able to connect your PC and phone through Activesync? I guess for me I always make sure to connect through Activesync then click through the ROM.exe file to get it going...

What would I do?

First go to Device Manager on your PC, with your phone hooked up...look for Portable Devices....your phone should show there right click and hit uninstall....then unplug your phone and replug it in....this should fix that...

As for the flashing....I would run Task29(post6) then I would run a Stock ROM...which actually can be found RIGHT HERE in the ppcgeeks forums... http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=91940 ....once finished flash the FF ROM and it should be golden....

Quote:
Originally Posted by jshaas2 View Post
I agree. I'm going to give Windows Mobile "one try" with Windows 7. I feel like i owe it to them and to our company of which we've invested alot of money in the Windows environment. Now i'm just waiting to see what "super device" replaces the TP2. With the mogul there was an obvious and only upgrade to Tp1. Same going from Tp1 to Tp2. Now there is no obvious successor yet for the TP2 as Android has come into the market pretty strong.

We will probably wait till late fall/winter when Win7 phones are out and look for a keyboard phone that is possibly 1.5ghz with all the goodies. If nothing really gets me, or if i find out any thing bad about Win7 that makes me cringe, i'm going to give Android a try at some point. i think all of us that didn't go EVO are mainly in this boat.
Hehe I guess I missed the step from Mogul to the TP1...(TP1 never really caught my eye)...as for a keyboard I understand the plight as I too enjoy being able to feel and press a button...however...a friend of mine was the same way back when he had an HTC 8525 (I give him all the credit for showing me PPC)....he switched to the iPhone and has been happy with it...he told me that the capacitive screen makes typing alot easier and accurate...so who knows maybe I can get by without one....atm I actually tend to use the portrait onscreen keyboard more than the actual keyboard so maybe I can do it...hehehe...

Last edited by tjELITE; 06-08-2010 at 06:02 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-08-2010, 06:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Verizon

tjbahri is keeping up the good worktjbahri is keeping up the good work

Can anyone please help with the warning below.
Is there a way to get rid of it. Phone working fine but window keep s popping up.
THX
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ScreenShot7.jpg (10.8 KB, 72 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by tjbahri; 06-08-2010 at 06:40 PM. Reason: PIc
Old 06-08-2010, 06:41 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjbahri View Post
Can anyone please help with the warning below.
Is there a way to get rid of it. Phone working fine but window keep s popping up.
THX
i just posted a fix for that yesterday, in here. it happens on most custom roms when you're roaming. here you go http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...postcount=8164
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 06-08-2010, 06:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

tjbahri is keeping up the good worktjbahri is keeping up the good work

Thx and Thanked
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-08-2010, 07:00 PM
Two-Time Mafiosi
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt

Kliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via MSN to Kliptik

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorloves View Post
i just posted a fix for that yesterday, in here. it happens on most custom roms when you're roaming. here you go http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...postcount=8164
Thanks and thanked! I drive to Austin every couple months and theres about 2 hours of extended network that this message gets in the way every 5 seconds...
Old 06-08-2010, 07:42 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: VZW

willyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIP

Sorry if this has been asked (many times) before, but how does one get the soft key boxes on all tabs like in these two posts? I'm assuming that it's possible in MR Official.

TIA

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...15&postcount=1

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...postcount=8182

EDIT to add "soft key boxes on all tabs"

Last edited by willyjay; 06-08-2010 at 08:11 PM.
Old 06-08-2010, 07:57 PM
Lurker
Carrier: Sprint

unitedgolfcoach is a n00b

Thanks for your advice. I went to the Device Manager and uninstalled the phone. After restarting the computer I plugged in the phone and it still won't show on ActivSync. The indicator on the bootloader changes from serial to usb but that is about it. Any more suggestions I could try?

[QUOTE=tjELITE;1801794]So you are not able to connect your PC and phone through Activesync? I guess for me I always make sure to connect through Activesync then click through the ROM.exe file to get it going...

What would I do?

First go to Device Manager on your PC, with your phone hooked up...look for Portable Devices....your phone should show there right click and hit uninstall....then unplug your phone and replug it in....this should fix that...

As for the flashing....I would run Task29(post6) then I would run a Stock ROM...which actually can be found RIGHT HERE in the ppcgeeks forums... http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=91940 ....once finished flash the FF ROM and it should be golden....
Old 06-08-2010, 08:02 PM
Two-Time Mafiosi
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt

Kliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via MSN to Kliptik

Quote:
Originally Posted by unitedgolfcoach View Post
Thanks for your advice. I went to the Device Manager and uninstalled the phone. After restarting the computer I plugged in the phone and it still won't show on ActivSync. The indicator on the bootloader changes from serial to usb but that is about it. Any more suggestions I could try?
Have you tried flashing from the SD card?
Old 06-08-2010, 08:04 PM
Lurker
Carrier: Sprint

unitedgolfcoach is a n00b

I tried that too but it doesn't get too far and I keep getting the Error 226 Flash Write error.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kliptik View Post
Have you tried flashing from the SD card?
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Tags
htc touch pro 2, mightyrom, sounds, touch pro 2, tp2