PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-27-2010, 09:43 PM
ACSyndicate.net
Pocket PC: Epic
Carrier: Sprint

flyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to flyers2114
Re: ░░░░ MightyROM.com ░░░░ Windows Phone® ░░░░ Update Available!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane3162 View Post
HAHAHA love it, but the reason people keep asking is because Mike HIMSELF did not post that (at least not in the post i have seen since its release... its possible i missed it, if so point it out, but before posting this i tried to skim back a few pages and didn't see it), it was posted by someone else, while I can understand this since I think it was a Beta team member who posted it (and even then it was a thought not a certainty of it being the only thing), the thought is that their could be more because again, Mike himself hasnt said/posted/hinted anything about what has changed and if there was more or even confirmed it was the only change.

Believe me Ziggy knows and Mike reads through here plenty...so if someone stated something wrong I am almost positive knowing Mike...that he would correct it.....

But off-topic I think you knew that answer but just love to start shit with TJ...you guys should really ignore each other...
Old 05-27-2010, 10:29 PM
::The Elite Geek::
Pocket PC: Touch Pro II
Carrier: VZW

tjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyers2114 View Post
Believe me Ziggy knows and Mike reads through here plenty...so if someone stated something wrong I am almost positive knowing Mike...that he would correct it.....

But off-topic I think you knew that answer but just love to start shit with TJ...you guys should really ignore each other...
I thought it was quite humorous...but see if I ignored him then I wouldn't get all my laughs in for the day...

For you flyers I will try my best...
Old 05-27-2010, 10:40 PM
Retired Staff-MordyT.com
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

MordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the community

Quote:

I just want to know if he used the CS ROM as a base, or Sprints....only reason I haven't upgraded from the 5/1 (ok, se) ROM...
Originally Posted by CozBoogie View Post
5. Everyone who thanks my post will receive instant karma!
Quote:
MordyT is right.
Old 05-27-2010, 10:41 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: winmo 6.5
Carrier: sprint

thisisallnew2me is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley762 View Post
Sounds like you have all Kinds of issues, it would not hurt to reformat your SD card and do a scan disk on it to check for bad sectors. once you have ruled out your SD card try the below.

I would first start off by running Task29 (This WILL WIPE EVERYTHING OFF YOUR PHONE SO BACKUP)

Found below,

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=116571

than after running the Task29 is done reload the ROM. after the ROM reloads make sure that auto provisioned correctly, if it did you should see your carriers name at the top left of the screen. Make sure that you have your carriers correct MMS cab and install that. Test your MMS and see if it works correctly. if everything seems in working order start loading your cabs 1 at a time and test to make sure its not one of them causing any issues.
I did the task29, and did it all....works great! had to trash my 16gb sd card cuz i think it was corrupted. Damn you eBay....no no i love you eBay. i put in my old 2gb and all is well. thanks for your patience and info.
Old 05-27-2010, 10:49 PM
Old Dirty Jamaican
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon

Wesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by thisisallnew2me View Post
I did the task29, and did it all....works great! had to trash my 16gb sd card cuz i think it was corrupted. Damn you eBay....no no i love you eBay. i put in my old 2gb and all is well. thanks for your patience and info.
Glad to help and hear that it works now.

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-27-2010, 11:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Verizon

SuBDivisions is keeping up the good workSuBDivisions is keeping up the good work

Guys i have put in the latest rom, and i would like to know if others come across the same issues overall with the phone that I have..

using the latest build, and cookies home page latest.

I dont have any custom taskbars installed.. the only apps on the phone i use:

Cookies Home Tab
CHT Editor
CleanRam (latest)
Aprils latest threaded mms
SPB Soft Reset
Eschelon Cabs (disable autodeploy, music on etc..)
Puritans Top & Botom no curtains

Thats it.. (So far)..

Now here is what i find..

1) Even with the new build of the rom, the speed and fluidity of the GUI is sometimes nice and smooth, most of the time choppy and really frustrating.. I see it on the andriod phones and it so much smoother... Our phone chugs along like an engine missing a cylinder at times.. Scrolling thru the bottom icons sometimes moves so slow you want to break the phone in half... other times its smooth and fluid and snappy... I dont understand why (and this is when i have Weather animations OFF, and no other programs running)..

The same can be said for the CHT program.. Sometimes (like when i first installed it) scrolling thru it was so beautiful.. Now every time (and i have only maybe 14 of the 80 program places filled) is just sluggsh..

2) Why is it when i get an MMS, I have to open the message in manilla, then in the threaded messaging, THEN aprilsoft's.. and my fat fingers take 3 minutes to hit the tiny picture icon to see it.. Its very frustrating...

3) Out of the blue (with the same setup, except previous rom, which is why i updated to this one), it locked up opening up an mms.. a hard lock.. I reset it with the button, and low and behold im left to windows resetting all its settings like the registry went up in smoke.. (We all been there in regular windows too at one point)..

I mean im at a crossroads now.. I want fluidity, i Love this rom and all the hard work and effort everyone puts into it.. and i have been a windows phone user since the very beginning.. Now i have seen the Put Android on your TP2..

I dunno what to do.. I love this phone but the quirks after all these years are starting to drive me nuts.. mostly cause i guess my wife who has the samsung phone from MetroPCS, and the thing just plain Works... Plus the blackberries and all this.. Snapdragon processors out there now makin things 10x faster..

What do i do...

Im sorry at the same time i dont want to see ungrateful, and knowing windows like i do i also know it has its quirks, and limitations... maybe im just emo,, lol
Old 05-27-2010, 11:31 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: Simple Mobile

Kane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to Kane3162 Send a message via MSN to Kane3162 Send a message via Yahoo to Kane3162 Send a message via Skype™ to Kane3162

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjELITE View Post
I thought it was quite humorous...but see if I ignored him then I wouldn't get all my laughs in for the day...

For you flyers I will try my best...
but then it would be no fun anymore, we both have ideals and just because we clash about our differences once in a while shouldn't mean we are worst enemys?

additionally I wasnt actually taking a jab at tj so much as stating a fact/observation since it seems some people are getting really annoyed at the question, especially when the fact is that Mike himself has been moot on what has actually been changed besides the oblivious to us (such as Manila .2013) so its a FACT that people WILL continue to ask until (and even then possibly after) Mike himself says something... why does everything I say have to be just a jab at tj...

Old 05-27-2010, 11:42 PM
Old Dirty Jamaican
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon

Wesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuBDivisions View Post
Guys i have put in the latest rom, and i would like to know if others come across the same issues overall with the phone that I have..

using the latest build, and cookies home page latest.

I dont have any custom taskbars installed.. the only apps on the phone i use:

Cookies Home Tab
CHT Editor
CleanRam (latest)
Aprils latest threaded mms
SPB Soft Reset
Eschelon Cabs (disable autodeploy, music on etc..)
Puritans Top & Botom no curtains

Thats it.. (So far)..

Now here is what i find..

1) Even with the new build of the rom, the speed and fluidity of the GUI is sometimes nice and smooth, most of the time choppy and really frustrating.. I see it on the andriod phones and it so much smoother... Our phone chugs along like an engine missing a cylinder at times.. Scrolling thru the bottom icons sometimes moves so slow you want to break the phone in half... other times its smooth and fluid and snappy... I dont understand why (and this is when i have Weather animations OFF, and no other programs running)..

The same can be said for the CHT program.. Sometimes (like when i first installed it) scrolling thru it was so beautiful.. Now every time (and i have only maybe 14 of the 80 program places filled) is just sluggsh..

2) Why is it when i get an MMS, I have to open the message in manilla, then in the threaded messaging, THEN aprilsoft's.. and my fat fingers take 3 minutes to hit the tiny picture icon to see it.. Its very frustrating...

3) Out of the blue (with the same setup, except previous rom, which is why i updated to this one), it locked up opening up an mms.. a hard lock.. I reset it with the button, and low and behold im left to windows resetting all its settings like the registry went up in smoke.. (We all been there in regular windows too at one point)..

I mean im at a crossroads now.. I want fluidity, i Love this rom and all the hard work and effort everyone puts into it.. and i have been a windows phone user since the very beginning.. Now i have seen the Put Android on your TP2..

I dunno what to do.. I love this phone but the quirks after all these years are starting to drive me nuts.. mostly cause i guess my wife who has the samsung phone from MetroPCS, and the thing just plain Works... Plus the blackberries and all this.. Snapdragon processors out there now makin things 10x faster..

What do i do...

Im sorry at the same time i dont want to see ungrateful, and knowing windows like i do i also know it has its quirks, and limitations... maybe im just emo,, lol
1, Its Windows Mobile, that’s just how it is. There is no magical fix to make it perform to your standards. It is what it is. Try running it without any programs installed at all and use Titanium and I bet it will run as smooth as butter. Sense is a very memory and processor heavy program. Sense is all about the Eye Candy and quick (I use the term quick loosely) access to things.

2, Don’t use the Sense SMS tab (it seems like you are not needing it), turn it off in your settings and set a quick link to MS SMS program or your aprilsoft program. Pretty cut and dry there.

3, Clean your MMS and e-mails out, that is normally the number one problem with lag in SMS and MMS programs and cause issues with your 1st concern.
If you are just completely fed up with WM move on there are a lot of other options out in the market now compared to 5 years ago when it was WM or BB and that was it. Honestly I think people that have been running WM for Years it’s more of a comfort level thing staying with it; I know that’s the case with me. I know WM has flaws and it’s not the newest kid on the block but it works for me and I can live with the quirks that it has.

Rant on

Take a step to the other side and try android (I think you are going to discover that it’s got just as many quirks as WM does and the same as iPhone they all do). I say learn to adapt or move to another platform, not trying to be mean or rude at all just a lot of I am tired of it doesn’t work post’s because I don’t think it’s fast enough. Any one that has used WM for any length of time knows it has its limitation and its perks. You just need to weight whether or not it’s worth it for you.

Rant off
Old 05-27-2010, 11:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Verizon

SuBDivisions is keeping up the good workSuBDivisions is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley762 View Post
1, Its Windows Mobile, that’s just how it is. There is no magical fix to make it perform to your standards. It is what it is. Try running it without any programs installed at all and use Titanium and I bet it will run as smooth as butter. Sense is a very memory and processor heavy program. Sense is all about the Eye Candy and quick (I use the term quick loosely) access to things.

2, Don’t use the Sense SMS tab (it seems like you are not needing it), turn it off in your settings and set a quick link to MS SMS program or your aprilsoft program. Pretty cut and dry there.

3, Clean your MMS and e-mails out, that is normally the number one problem with lag in SMS and MMS programs and cause issues with your 1st concern.
If you are just completely fed up with WM move on there are a lot of other options out in the market now compared to 5 years ago when it was WM or BB and that was it. Honestly I think people that have been running WM for Years it’s more of a comfort level thing staying with it; I know that’s the case with me. I know WM has flaws and it’s not the newest kid on the block but it works for me and I can live with the quirks that it has.

Rant on

Take a step to the other side and try android (I think you are going to discover that it’s got just as many quirks as WM does and the same as iPhone they all do). I say learn to adapt or move to another platform, not trying to be mean or rude at all just a lot of I am tired of it doesn’t work post’s because I don’t think it’s fast enough. Any one that has used WM for any length of time knows it has its limitation and its perks. You just need to weight whether or not it’s worth it for you.

Rant off
See this is what i did not want.. the "ZOMG Another Fed up User" reply...

First off, I am aware there is no MAGICAL Fix for some of the issues, but i was merely asking if someone had found something that i did not know in the 5 billion posts between here and xda that i was unaware of.. So excuse me if i didnt ask it correctly.

Secondly, the sense sms tab is useful for reading text messages, but is there a way for it to open an MMS directly from it?

third, i clean all my messages out daily.. run cleanram every 3 hours on level 2..

I am a very knowledgeable user, if i wasnt, i wouldnt be here honestly... I want to stick with windows, but maybe im just venting frustration.. if so i do apologize as this is not the proper forum..
Old 05-27-2010, 11:57 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: telus

sta49 is a n00b

hey guys how can i make the lock screen program to run (the one that came stock with the SE) when you press the botton on top of the phone that turns off the screen..
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Tags
htc touch pro 2, mightyrom, sounds, touch pro 2, tp2