View Single Post
Old 05-27-2010, 11:56 PM
SuBDivisions
PPCGeeks Regular

SuBDivisions is keeping up the good workSuBDivisions is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: ░░░░ MightyROM.com ░░░░ Windows Phone® ░░░░ Update Available!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley762 View Post
1, Its Windows Mobile, that’s just how it is. There is no magical fix to make it perform to your standards. It is what it is. Try running it without any programs installed at all and use Titanium and I bet it will run as smooth as butter. Sense is a very memory and processor heavy program. Sense is all about the Eye Candy and quick (I use the term quick loosely) access to things.

2, Don’t use the Sense SMS tab (it seems like you are not needing it), turn it off in your settings and set a quick link to MS SMS program or your aprilsoft program. Pretty cut and dry there.

3, Clean your MMS and e-mails out, that is normally the number one problem with lag in SMS and MMS programs and cause issues with your 1st concern.
If you are just completely fed up with WM move on there are a lot of other options out in the market now compared to 5 years ago when it was WM or BB and that was it. Honestly I think people that have been running WM for Years it’s more of a comfort level thing staying with it; I know that’s the case with me. I know WM has flaws and it’s not the newest kid on the block but it works for me and I can live with the quirks that it has.

Rant on

Take a step to the other side and try android (I think you are going to discover that it’s got just as many quirks as WM does and the same as iPhone they all do). I say learn to adapt or move to another platform, not trying to be mean or rude at all just a lot of I am tired of it doesn’t work post’s because I don’t think it’s fast enough. Any one that has used WM for any length of time knows it has its limitation and its perks. You just need to weight whether or not it’s worth it for you.

Rant off
See this is what i did not want.. the "ZOMG Another Fed up User" reply...

First off, I am aware there is no MAGICAL Fix for some of the issues, but i was merely asking if someone had found something that i did not know in the 5 billion posts between here and xda that i was unaware of.. So excuse me if i didnt ask it correctly.

Secondly, the sense sms tab is useful for reading text messages, but is there a way for it to open an MMS directly from it?

third, i clean all my messages out daily.. run cleanram every 3 hours on level 2..

I am a very knowledgeable user, if i wasnt, i wouldnt be here honestly... I want to stick with windows, but maybe im just venting frustration.. if so i do apologize as this is not the proper forum..