View Single Post
Old 05-27-2010, 11:14 PM
SuBDivisions
PPCGeeks Regular

SuBDivisions is keeping up the good workSuBDivisions is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: ░░░░ MightyROM.com ░░░░ Windows Phone® ░░░░ Update Available!

Guys i have put in the latest rom, and i would like to know if others come across the same issues overall with the phone that I have..

using the latest build, and cookies home page latest.

I dont have any custom taskbars installed.. the only apps on the phone i use:

Cookies Home Tab
CHT Editor
CleanRam (latest)
Aprils latest threaded mms
SPB Soft Reset
Eschelon Cabs (disable autodeploy, music on etc..)
Puritans Top & Botom no curtains

Thats it.. (So far)..

Now here is what i find..

1) Even with the new build of the rom, the speed and fluidity of the GUI is sometimes nice and smooth, most of the time choppy and really frustrating.. I see it on the andriod phones and it so much smoother... Our phone chugs along like an engine missing a cylinder at times.. Scrolling thru the bottom icons sometimes moves so slow you want to break the phone in half... other times its smooth and fluid and snappy... I dont understand why (and this is when i have Weather animations OFF, and no other programs running)..

The same can be said for the CHT program.. Sometimes (like when i first installed it) scrolling thru it was so beautiful.. Now every time (and i have only maybe 14 of the 80 program places filled) is just sluggsh..

2) Why is it when i get an MMS, I have to open the message in manilla, then in the threaded messaging, THEN aprilsoft's.. and my fat fingers take 3 minutes to hit the tiny picture icon to see it.. Its very frustrating...

3) Out of the blue (with the same setup, except previous rom, which is why i updated to this one), it locked up opening up an mms.. a hard lock.. I reset it with the button, and low and behold im left to windows resetting all its settings like the registry went up in smoke.. (We all been there in regular windows too at one point)..

I mean im at a crossroads now.. I want fluidity, i Love this rom and all the hard work and effort everyone puts into it.. and i have been a windows phone user since the very beginning.. Now i have seen the Put Android on your TP2..

I dunno what to do.. I love this phone but the quirks after all these years are starting to drive me nuts.. mostly cause i guess my wife who has the samsung phone from MetroPCS, and the thing just plain Works... Plus the blackberries and all this.. Snapdragon processors out there now makin things 10x faster..

What do i do...

Im sorry at the same time i dont want to see ungrateful, and knowing windows like i do i also know it has its quirks, and limitations... maybe im just emo,, lol