PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2010, 04:20 PM
PhoneTek

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: ░░░░ MightyROM.com ░░░░ Windows Phone® ░░░░

how do you disable any letters/words from popping up when you're trying to text? I already went to personal > input options and took off the word completion.
Old 05-10-2010, 04:23 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

b4u2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularb4u2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularb4u2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularb4u2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularb4u2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to b4u2
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.7 (WindowsMobile; PPC; Opera Mobi/35267; U; en; Presto/2.1.1))

My TP2 is only 2 months old and my battery doesn't last that long either.

I was also wondering if there is a way in Sense 2.5 (mail & text)to have "mark as read" without having to open the text or mail? All the inform I have found so far deals with after opening the text or mail.
Old 05-10-2010, 04:37 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: Simple Mobile

Kane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to Kane3162 Send a message via MSN to Kane3162 Send a message via Yahoo to Kane3162 Send a message via Skype™ to Kane3162

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoneTek View Post
how do you disable any letters/words from popping up when you're trying to text? I already went to personal > input options and took off the word completion.
i think thats t9x, in which case there is a small switch on the SIP and also listed in the options menu

Old 05-10-2010, 04:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

amcq10 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularamcq10 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularamcq10 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularamcq10 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by b4u2 View Post
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.7 (WindowsMobile; PPC; Opera Mobi/35267; U; en; Presto/2.1.1))

I was also wondering if there is a way in Sense 2.5 (mail & text)to have "mark as read" without having to open the text or mail? All the inform I have found so far deals with after opening the text or mail.
When viewing TXT Messages on the Txt Message Tab, it will automatically mark them as Read after 3-4 seconds..

As for the Email tab, the only way is to tap the email to open it, (which automatically marks it as read). but then you have to close out the newly opened window.
(in case it matters, I'm only using an ActiveSync Email account, synced with my Google Apps Domain email) not sure if it behaves differently than pop/imap accounts.
Old 05-10-2010, 04:38 PM
Old Dirty Jamaican
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon
Carrier: Sprint

Wesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by b4u2 View Post

This would be really nice, right now I am using SafeInboxExtender.CAB but I still have to go into the inbox.

Old 05-10-2010, 04:56 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: VZW

djhcmd is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by o0luigi0o View Post
Ok both things work now, i ran those two cabs, and found the Carrier Provision program. Its under start/tools/provision device. i clicked sprint and it did whatever, then restarted. updated the profile, and pri settings. now everything works. when i press the power button at the top, i get 3 options, restart, shutdown or sleep. i like these better than just "shutdown device". Thanks guys. I didnt know i had to add those two extra cabs, it didnt have that in the instructions on the site.
It's likely that you did not have to run either of those cabs and you can prob try uninstalling them. One just installs the software you are seeing giving you options for shutdown and the other updates your PRL. I think it's more likely your problems were related to your phone not autoprovisioning (sets up sprint key mapping and data settings) on its first start. After the hard reset maybe it worked correctly or maybe it was just you manually telling it to provision through the menus.
Old 05-10-2010, 05:27 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

abednego is keeping up the good workabednego is keeping up the good work
Angry Re: ░░░░ MightyROM.com ░░░░ Windows Phone® ░░░░

Really odd. I installed FF when the ROM came out, after doing the flash dance... and just lastnight, my phone stopped working - so I did a soft reset. The phone didn't boot up properly and gave an odd "SIM CARD ERROR" - so I did another soft reset... then, after it reset, everything was cleared out

I didn't really have much installed. A few registry tweaks, CHT Editor, and BG4ALL Test.

So I re-copied PIM.VOL over for my contacts, and didn't change anything. Early this morning, my phone did a soft reset by itself when I was looking at my calendar... really odd.

I may just ditch FF and install the regular version ...

Has anyone else been having difficulties? Seems odd.
Old 05-10-2010, 05:32 PM
Old Dirty Jamaican

Wesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by abednego View Post
Really odd. I installed FF when the ROM came out, after doing the flash dance... and just lastnight, my phone stopped working - so I did a soft reset. The phone didn't boot up properly and gave an odd "SIM CARD ERROR" - so I did another soft reset... then, after it reset, everything was cleared out

I didn't really have much installed. A few registry tweaks, CHT Editor, and BG4ALL Test.

So I re-copied PIM.VOL over for my contacts, and didn't change anything. Early this morning, my phone did a soft reset by itself when I was looking at my calendar... really odd.

I may just ditch FF and install the regular version ...

Has anyone else been having difficulties? Seems odd.
I Don't know if it would make a difference or not but I took my Sim card out. Do you still have your sim card in it?
Old 05-10-2010, 05:34 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

abednego is keeping up the good workabednego is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley762 View Post
I Don't know if it would make a difference or not but I took my Sim card out. Do you still have your sim card in it?
I took the SIM card AND my MicroSD card out before I installed the ROM - not sure why it would act up 10 days later =S
Old 05-10-2010, 05:47 PM
Old Dirty Jamaican

Quote:
Originally Posted by abednego View Post
I took the SIM card AND my MicroSD card out before I installed the ROM - not sure why it would act up 10 days later =S
Did it by chance give you a error code at all? Honestly it just sounds like a one of a kind random reset. I know it sucks happening but it is Windows Mobile lol.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Tags
htc touch pro 2, mightyrom, sounds, touch pro 2, tp2